Would you trade... RW11 and a 2nd for Marshall..

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Why on earth would Denver do that?

Get a more expensive, less productive WR and a 2nd for a gamebreaker? They'd be dumb even if he is a headache.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247244 said:
Well since the trend of the week is would you trade X for X? I decided Ill jump in this bandwagon.

Would you trade Roy Williams and 2010 2nd Round pick for Brandon Marshall?

I would, no question. Marshall is my 2nd favorite WR outside of Miles Austin, only after Andre Johnson.

Austin/Marshall would be 10x more deadly than Fitzgerald/Boldin

If I had to, I would even up it to a 1st round pick and Roy Williams.

I would do Roy Williams and a next year 3rd and this year 5th and RW11 for Marshall.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;3247585 said:
I would do Roy Williams and a next year 3rd and this year 5th and RW11 for Marshall.
I doubt that would be enough for the Broncos to ship Marshall over.

I think Roy Williams is at best worth a 2nd round, optimistically. Realistically Roy Williams is worth a 3rd rounder the way he's been playing. So from all indications the Broncos are looking for at least a 1st round and a 3rd rounder.
So you'd be looking at it costing you to get Marshall a combination of:
1. A second rounder and Roy Williams (Optimistic valuation of Roy Williams)
2. A second rounder, 4th rounder, next year's 5th rounder and Roy Williams (Mediocre valuation of Roy Williams)
3. A 1st rounder and Roy Williams (Lower end valuation of Roy Williams)
4. A 1st rounder, next year's 4th rounder and Roy Williams (I'd say that a sure deal on the lowest end)

Personally I'd do all those, but i'd be very very slow to pull the trigger on the last two.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
From a talent standpoint, obviously I'd make this trade. But I'd undoubtedly be worried about what kind of effect it would have on the locker room. Put aside Marshall's "issues," and the fact remains he's still your typical diva wide receiver. How would his -- or any other wideout of his ilk -- act work opposite a guy who we can count on catching close to 90 passes and double-digit touchdowns next year?

Again, it'd be an immense upgrade and make us a nice paper Super Bowl contender. But come November when his stats aren't what he wants, don't we risk something wrong happening?

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Assuming this deal is even possible, I'd want to see what I'm getting into first, meaning I'd want to interview him before making a decision. But since I can't do that, I can't really answer the question.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3247428 said:
Why do you always have to shoot down peoples opinions?

You act like your **** don't stink.

OK, let me play along then.

Lets trade Cory Proctor for Joe Thomas. Now we might have to sweeten the pot a little and throw in a 3rd rd pick, but thats ok.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Gzus;3247336 said:
I agree, the only reason why he was whining there was because he was felt he was underpaid, which I agree he was.
Same thing all the TO lovers said. Exact same damn thing.

brickman

Reaction score
The main question is does Marshall hurt the team chemistry. He's a great talent and can stretch the field ... but he's got a $.02 head. Getting rid of RW11 is just a plus at this point. Jerry made a huge mistake bringing him in, so if you can dump him on someone else, it's like a coup.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
NO. Dallas' chemistry got on track in 2009, why derail it with a headcase like Marshall. No, no, no. I"d rather have a less athletic but dependable WR that fits in.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Excuse me guys,:confused: are we talking about the Roy Williams that is a wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys????

If we are, why do any of you think that anyone would want him after his stint with the Cowboys.:cool:

elemenohpee

Reaction score
dbair1967;3247742 said:
OK, let me play along then.

Lets trade Cory Proctor for Joe Thomas. Now we might have to sweeten the pot a little and throw in a 3rd rd pick, but thats ok.

how about cletis gordon for darrelle revis. ok, ok, gordon and a 2nd

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
elemenohpee;3247823 said:
how about cletis gordon for darrelle revis. ok, ok, gordon and a 2nd

Lets just straight up trade our team for the NFC Pro Bowl team.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Marshall is Pacman + Tank + TO all in one package. I guess if you really wanted to return to the bad ol days it would be very efficient to use just one player to do it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hmmm...

I can see why people would want to do this. Marshall is an absolute beast at WR. I can totally understand the draw.

There are somethings that would concern me in a great way about this though.

1. Are we getting just the beast of a WR when we get him or are we getting the one who pisses, moans, whines, gets in trouble, and acts like a moron? If we're going to have to deal with all that baby sulking and that BS he's been doing in Denver, and in college, then I wouldn't want him. If you talked to the guy, and by that I mean Jerry and his staff, and really felt like a change of teams and a better deal would change his attitude then I can see why you'd do it.

2. Would Denver even want to do this? I can't imagine even Josh McDaniels being stupid enough to want to make this deal.

The thing is that this team really showed a much greater ability to not point fingers and to be an actual team and I'd be really worried with a guy like Marshall being brought in that you'd start to tear that down again.

I mean you could instantly cause trouble with who gets paid more him or Miles. Whose the default #1 here him or Miles? Should Miles continue to put up the huge numbers with Romo and Marshall isn't putting up the numbers he's used to is he going to be ok with that or is he going to start pissing and moaning about the fact that he's not Romo's favorite WR?

The thing that you really have to also consider here is who Romo is comfortable with. Obviously he's still going to go to Miles, Witten, and Crayton more often cause he's been with them and he's very comfortable with them. Would a guy like Marshall, with that talent and used to being the man, coming in here be willing to not be THE GUY right away?

These are all things you'd have to be concerned about with something like this.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247244 said:
Well since the trend of the week is would you trade X for X? I decided Ill jump in this bandwagon.

Would you trade Roy Williams and 2010 2nd Round pick for Brandon Marshall?

I would, no question. Marshall is my 2nd favorite WR outside of Miles Austin, only after Andre Johnson.

Austin/Marshall would be 10x more deadly than Fitzgerald/Boldin

If I had to, I would even up it to a 1st round pick and Roy Williams.

that would mean we have given up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a 6th for marshall. is that what he is worth? I don't think so. I wouldn't give up another draft pick.

plus, marshall or any other play making WR is not what ails this team.