Would you trade... RW11 and a 2nd for Marshall..

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Gzus;3247296 said:
Problem with this idea is how are you gonna pay him....
Austin is probably going to want somewhere around 5-6 million a year; Marshall likely around 6-7 million a year. How do you manage to pay both of them without suffering in another area of your team.

There is no more salary cap and most likely it is never coming back (at least according to the NFLPA), so we can pay everybody on the freaking team $10 mill a year if we want, doesnt matter anymore.

As for Marshall.........I dont want a receiver that beats up women and fakes injuries (thats the rumor coming out of Denver as to why he was suspended the last game of the year). I would rather just keep Roy to be honest.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3248674 said:
Ok, 2x as deadly since Austin by himself is more deadly.
what happened to the great Miles Austin on the play that Gurode should have snapped the ball to get an offsides call.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
es22;3248772 said:
NO way would the Broncos do this deal.

They want him out of Denver, they will want another Receiver and even if RW isn't good at it, he is a Receiver

2010 2nd and RW may be the highest offer they would receive.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3248822 said:
They want him out of Denver, they will want another Receiver and even if RW isn't good at it, he is a Receiver

2010 2nd and RW may be the highest offer they would receive.
If they didn't want to pay Marshall, what makes you think they'll take on RW's contract?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm shocked this thread is still going considering we took out all the garbage last off season. Jerry isn't going to bring more back in.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3248920 said:
I'm shocked this thread is still going considering we took out all the garbage last off season. Jerry isn't going to bring more back in.

You can't say the idea of having Austin/Marshall WR tandem doesn't make you think.

jem88

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247343 said:
I agree- 2.2m for his production is ridiculous. Austin + Marshall = Irvin + Rice, in 2010
I'm sorry but that is one of the most ridiculous things I've read. Austin and Marshall are both good receivers. Neither is in the same league as Rice and Irvin.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3248820 said:
Whatever he did, he got in trouble for it.

It's all he said she said.

Goodell is a moron and makes statements out of everyone.

He was never found guilty of hitting a woman, it was just some girl making **** up, wanting some money.

Nightshade

Reaction score
No.

He's a knucklehead who argues with his coaches.

MAJOR Distraction.

We've been down that road before.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Slate the guy is a POS. All your defenses of him are just because he is a top WR. Sometimes its more important that he be a good person.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
burmafrd;3249373 said:
Slate the guy is a POS. All your defenses of him are just because he is a top WR. Sometimes its more important that he be a good person.
Nothing he has done that would be consirdered really bad were never proved.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Avery;3248758 said:
I don't think it was concidence that Romo played better when he didn't feel compelled to look TO's way every time..

How about we use that second on someone like Jordan Shipley instead who will be happy with his role and will compile short yardage catches a la Wes Welker?

I like that idea far better if people just have to have another receiver right now. I'm a fan of Shipley.

SLATEmosphere;3248998 said:
It's all he said she said.

Goodell is a moron and makes statements out of everyone.

He was never found guilty of hitting a woman, it was just some girl making **** up, wanting some money.

And of course you have factual evidence to back up this idea that she just made everything up right? Or are you simply doing no better than Goodell, the moron as you claimed, by taking the statements of Marshall over someone else.

I'm sure all the other bad things that have happened to him in his life, that he's gotten in trouble for, are also all lies and the fault of whoever else was around and all that jazz.

I like Marshall as a receiver. I think he's a stud and a darn fine playmaker. But how many red flags does a player have to throw up in their lifetimes before people start to realise that they're a risk regardless of how talented?

I'm not saying don't do it, necassarily, cause of the risks but you've really got to pay attention to those risks.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Stick with the in house players and draft.

No need to pick up someone else's old baggage.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hook'em#11;3249562 said:
Stick with the in house players and draft.

No need to pick up someone else's old baggage.

He came in the same year as Miles. Not old.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3249438 said:
I like that idea far better if people just have to have another receiver right now. I'm a fan of Shipley.

And of course you have factual evidence to back up this idea that she just made everything up right? Or are you simply doing no better than Goodell, the moron as you claimed, by taking the statements of Marshall over someone else.

I'm sure all the other bad things that have happened to him in his life, that he's gotten in trouble for, are also all lies and the fault of whoever else was around and all that jazz.

I like Marshall as a receiver. I think he's a stud and a darn fine playmaker. But how many red flags does a player have to throw up in their lifetimes before people start to realise that they're a risk regardless of how talented?

I'm not saying don't do it, necassarily, cause of the risks but you've really got to pay attention to those risks.

I have no more evidence to prove that he DIDNT hit her than you saying that he did.

Not sure what your problem is, but I find it funny that people dont want him when he easily could be innocent.