Would you trade... RW11 and a 2nd for Marshall..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I wouldn't even trade a 2nd for Sidney Rice.

I am just sick of tossing draft picks at WRs who were great elsewhere.

Draft a WR... cut RW or renegotiate his contract.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3247931 said:
Hmmm...

I can see why people would want to do this. Marshall is an absolute beast at WR. I can totally understand the draw.

There are somethings that would concern me in a great way about this though.

1. Are we getting just the beast of a WR when we get him or are we getting the one who pisses, moans, whines, gets in trouble, and acts like a moron? If we're going to have to deal with all that baby sulking and that BS he's been doing in Denver, and in college, then I wouldn't want him. If you talked to the guy, and by that I mean Jerry and his staff, and really felt like a change of teams and a better deal would change his attitude then I can see why you'd do it.

2. Would Denver even want to do this? I can't imagine even Josh McDaniels being stupid enough to want to make this deal.

The thing is that this team really showed a much greater ability to not point fingers and to be an actual team and I'd be really worried with a guy like Marshall being brought in that you'd start to tear that down again.

I mean you could instantly cause trouble with who gets paid more him or Miles. Whose the default #1 here him or Miles? Should Miles continue to put up the huge numbers with Romo and Marshall isn't putting up the numbers he's used to is he going to be ok with that or is he going to start pissing and moaning about the fact that he's not Romo's favorite WR?

The thing that you really have to also consider here is who Romo is comfortable with. Obviously he's still going to go to Miles, Witten, and Crayton more often cause he's been with them and he's very comfortable with them. Would a guy like Marshall, with that talent and used to being the man, coming in here be willing to not be THE GUY right away?

These are all things you'd have to be concerned about with something like this.
Josh wants Marshall out of Denver, and he wants out of Denver.

They may jump @ this deal.

Marshall wants a bigger market, a Owner and a salary the reflects his peformance. This is all what Jerry Jones and the Cowboys give him.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Wow, 6 pages and no one has posted...

:madden:

You people are slackin' off, it's disappointing. :(

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247244 said:
Well since the trend of the week is would you trade X for X? I decided Ill jump in this bandwagon.

Would you trade Roy Williams and 2010 2nd Round pick for Brandon Marshall?

I would, no question. Marshall is my 2nd favorite WR outside of Miles Austin, only after Andre Johnson.

Austin/Marshall would be 10x more deadly than Fitzgerald/Boldin

If I had to, I would even up it to a 1st round pick and Roy Williams.

Shoot NO!!

Draft draft draft

HanD

Reaction score
Rampage;3247308 said:
when is the last time a team won a superbowl with two #1 wide receivers?

the answer would be never cause it isn't necessary to waste the money on a #1 wr if you already have one.

holt and bruce?

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
So we traded a 1st and 3rd rd pick for Roy, now we trade him AND a 2nd rd pick for Marshall. So since we can go back in time, let's try it like this:

Would you trade your 2010 1st and 3rd rd pick, and your 2011 2nd rd pick for Brandon Marshall?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I would make the trade, because it would get us out from under Roy's contract and Marshall is just a beast on the field. A lot of people compare him to TO but I have yet to see Marshall call out his QB, he has other baggage but he is a top 5 WR imo.

Marshall, Austin and Witten would be crazy good. Of coarse it wouldnt matter if the oline played like it did last week.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Doomsday, you need to do a little more research on Marshall. He is a POS.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
burmafrd;3248261 said:

Marshall's Career Stats:
'06 20 rec, 309 yds, 2 tds
'07 102 rec, 1325 yds, 7 tds
'08 104 rec, 1265 yds, 6 tds
'09 101 rec, 1120 yds, 10 tds

Damn such a POS........ cause we all know anyone can post three consecutive 1k yards receiving

Maybe you need to do a lil more research on Marshall..... btw, Roy Williams (7 years in the league, only 1 season of more than 1000 yards receiving)

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
No. We've already gotten rid of the locker room trash. No need to bring in more.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Gzus;3248283 said:
Marshall's Career Stats:
'06 20 rec, 309 yds, 2 tds
'07 102 rec, 1325 yds, 7 tds
'08 104 rec, 1265 yds, 6 tds
'09 101 rec, 1120 yds, 10 tds

Damn such a POS........ cause we all know anyone can post three consecutive 1k yards receiving

Maybe you need to do a lil more research on Marshall..... btw, Roy Williams (7 years in the league, only 1 season of more than 1000 yards receiving)

Being a piece of **** has nothing to do with how well you play.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
burmafrd;3248261 said:

He has a couple of disorderly conduct charges, a DUI and a domestic violence because he prevented his girlfriend from leaving in a Taxi.

Not exactly a model citizen but hardly some one I would call a POS. He is a young punk but he is also a pretty good team mate from everything I read and a great player. I would rather have a guy with a few off field issues then a team killer like TO.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Doomsday;3248383 said:
He has a couple of disorderly conduct charges, a DUI and a domestic violence because he prevented his girlfriend from leaving in a Taxi.

Not exactly a model citizen but hardly some one I would call a POS. He is a young punk but he is also a pretty good team mate from everything I read and a great player. I would rather have a guy with a few off field issues then a team killer like TO.

Yeah. Sure he did.

Model teammates know how to practice. This guy flat out said F-You to entire Broncos organization last summer.

He's a turd.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed. If you make too much trouble off the field, you don't get on the field. His next suspension will be long.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3248398 said:
Yeah. Sure he did.

Model teammates know how to practice. This guy flat out said F-You to entire Broncos organization last summer.

He's a turd.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed. If you make too much trouble off the field, you don't get on the field. His next suspension will be long.
You'd think people would remember the previous year when wanting to bring in players like Marshall.

If Marshall's so good then why do the Bronco's want to get rid of him? I know it sounds like something Mickey S would say, but it is true.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Cover 2;3248413 said:
You'd think people would remember the previous year when wanting to bring in players like Marshall.

If Marshall's so good then why do the Bronco's want to get rid of him? I know it sounds like something Mickey S would say, but it is true.

Probably for the same reason McDaniels is getting rid of or got rid of Cutler, Scheffler and Nolan.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday;3248422 said:
Probably for the same reason McDaniels is getting rid of or got rid of Cutler, Scheffler and Nolan.
So you're saying McDaniels is making a mistake in getting rid of Brandon Marshall?

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
:lmao:
Cover 2;3248434 said:
So you're saying McDaniels is making a mistake in getting rid of Brandon Marshall?

yes. cause mcdaniel a little *****

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Would I trade RW11?

Heck, right now I need to be talked out of waiving RW11.

Yes, I would trade him! For a goat and shoot the goat..........