Would you trade... RW11 and a 2nd for Marshall..

HanD

Reaction score
Rampage;3248207 said:
good thing Holt and Bruce made that game saving tackle to win that superbowl...... oh wait

what the hell does that have to do with anything? :confused: the question was how many teams with 2 #1 Wrs have won the superbowl. since when do WRs play defense? before being a smarta$s, learn to read or stop posting dumb responses when your question is answered and you thought there was no answer.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Cover 2;3248434 said:
So you're saying McDaniels is making a mistake in getting rid of Brandon Marshall?

I think just about every move McDaniels has made is a head scratchier. They should of paid Marshall last off season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
HanD;3248174 said:
holt and bruce?

one out of 50.....wow that's a good trend.

in the modern era that's even one out of the last 20...still not a trend.

AZ had Boldin, Fitzgerald...what happened? they lost. Didn't Holt and Bruce lose one to New England?

Patriots had Moss and Welker and they lost!

what does it mean? it means that you don't need two top notch WRs to win. what do all the winners have in common? good defense, good OL, good running game (not leading the league but a running game that's respected).

so you want another WR? or you want a better offensive line?

HanD

Reaction score
Cover 2;3248413 said:
You'd think people would remember the previous year when wanting to bring in players like Marshall.

If Marshall's so good then why do the Bronco's want to get rid of him? I know it sounds like something Mickey S would say, but it is true.

i haven't seen any links besides rumors about JM or the broncos wanting to trade BM. can you provide a link (serious)? last i heard was that they weren't going to trade him when he threw his hissy fit in august and asked to be traded.

HanD

Reaction score
CowboysFaninDC;3248451 said:
one out of 50.....wow that's a good trend.

in the modern era that's even one out of the last 20...still not a trend.

i didn't say it was a winning combination necessarily. the poster asked for 1 combo as if it has never happened. i provided one. additionally, since the league became pass friendly, i'd argue that harrison/wayne also is a pair. so that's 2 in the last decade.

yes, i agree a winning combo is good defense and a good running game and that you don't NEED 2 top WRs to win. we have a good D and a good running game, what does having 2 good WR have to do with those? nothing. one isn't mutually exclusive from the other two.

in fact, i answered a question, i never even said i was in favor of a 2nd and RW for BM, so please stop accusing me of wanting BM when i have not said anything to that effect.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Win at all costs types rarely win and that is why POS players like Marshall are NOT WANTED HERE.

hammer1

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247317 said:
The price we pay for him is a player who actually takes away from the team and a 2nd round pick, if it doesn't work out ship him off to the highest bidder and no problem. He would be better behaved here than in Denver.

Team unity is what I'm talking about and RW11 doesn't take away from that. Also what makes you think he'd be "better behaved here than in Denver" ? I think your logic is all wet.

Hammer

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
burmafrd;3248492 said:
Win at all costs types rarely win and that is why POS players like Marshall are NOT WANTED HERE.

Tell that to Jimmy Johnson.

HanD

Reaction score
hammer1;3248494 said:
Team unity is what I'm talking about and RW11 doesn't take away from that. Also what makes you think he'd be "better behaved here than in Denver" ? I think your logic is all wet.

Hammer

i'm not a marshall apologist but i will say he was different since his return from the august suspension. he was professional and PC about everything. JM on the other hand once the team started to tank kept up his games with BM and TS by calling them out, questioning them and benching them. BM handled the end of the year nicely. does that mean he won't revert? not necessarily, but it might be a good sign.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Who did we have that was a real POS like Marshall that liked to beat women? Sure we had the White House but I consider beating on women a lot worse and that is in addition to what else he has done. And doomsday just in case you have not noticed the NFL and Goodell are a LOT HARDER on players then they were back then. This guy screws up again and he gets a long suspension- just in case you have not checked up on his record like I bet you haven't.

JBS

Reaction score
This team does not need another WR..we have plenty of talent at the skill positions..we need help in other areas..

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
burmafrd;3248502 said:
Who did we have that was a real POS like Marshall that liked to beat women? Sure we had the White House but I consider beating on women a lot worse and that is in addition to what else he has done. And doomsday just in case you have not noticed the NFL and Goodell are a LOT HARDER on players then they were back then. This guy screws up again and he gets a long suspension- just in case you have not checked up on his record like I bet you haven't.

Id rather take a chance on a guy like Marshall (who by the way you have no right to call a wife beater, that isnt the case) then a lazy waste of a roster spot like Roy Williams.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Doomsday;3248508 said:
Id rather take a chance on a guy like Marshall (who by the way you have no right to call a wife beater, that isnt the case) then a lazy waste of a roster spot like Roy Williams.

Might I add Roy W is making 12.5m next season, the 2nd most of all WR's, after Randy Moss.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Doomsday;3248495 said:
Tell that to Jimmy Johnson.

I doubt Jimmy would have put up with a player like Marshall. Some of Jimmy's players in Dallas had some off field issues, but none of them had issues with work ethic or being a team cancer. Marshall would have been cut that afternoon if he had pulled that practice staunt b/s with Jimmy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247244 said:
Well since the trend of the week is would you trade X for X? I decided Ill jump in this bandwagon.

Would you trade Roy Williams and 2010 2nd Round pick for Brandon Marshall?

I would, no question. Marshall is my 2nd favorite WR outside of Miles Austin, only after Andre Johnson.

Austin/Marshall would be 10x more deadly than Fitzgerald/Boldin

If I had to, I would even up it to a 1st round pick and Roy Williams.
Yes, I'd do it too.

But you may have just won the exaggeration of the year award by saying that 10x statement.:cool:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DFWJC;3248662 said:
Yes, I'd do it too.

But you may have just won the exaggeration of the year award by saying that 10x statement.:cool:

Ok, 2x as deadly since Austin by himself is more deadly.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Hell no, but I would do the exact same trade for Boldin. I remember when people were saying we should have offered Arizona the 1st and 3rd for Boldin, but many people (including myself) thought Williams would be a 1 receiver and would put up better numbers with a better offense. Boy were we wrong.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
HanD;3248501 said:
i'm not a marshall apologist but i will say he was different since his return from the august suspension. he was professional and PC about everything. JM on the other hand once the team started to tank kept up his games with BM and TS by calling them out, questioning them and benching them. BM handled the end of the year nicely. does that mean he won't revert? not necessarily, but it might be a good sign.
Bowel movements and Turrets Syndrom?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don't think it was concidence that Romo played better when he didn't feel compelled to look TO's way every time..

How about we use that second on someone like Jordan Shipley instead who will be happy with his role and will compile short yardage catches a la Wes Welker?