Would you trade WR Gallup for a 1st round pick?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Even though I thought otherwise, we aren't *purposefully" trying to tank. You don't trade away one of your best players unless you are trying to tank and get a lot of good draft picks or players in return. We are in win now mode and Gallup is a part of that. We'd be stupid to give up a high ceiling receiver like him.

Gallup is not one of our best players. Cooper is one of our best players. The difference between the two is wide. Im a big Gallup fan, but if some team stupidly comes along and offers us a #1 pick, you take it all day, every day.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you made it sound like we have drafted nothing but "Taco" so we would mess up the pick, not true, our drafts have produced some quality players as of late and using Taco as an example when there were so MANY other good picks was not a good choice!
!!!!

jay94

Reaction score
No one is giving a one and two, he's an important part to the puzzle.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Listen, I love Michael Gallup, but if you have the chance to flip a third round into a first rounder at the WR position, in under two season, you take that.

I dont subscribe to the idea that you need elite WRs for an elite offense.

If he is worth a first now, how much better can it get? Because you will still need a WR if you trade him.

DanA

Reaction score
I’d give up Gallup in a heart beat and then go sign AJ Green for a 2nd

ShiningStar

Reaction score
why on Gallup, im sure we can get a first for Maher too.

you guys are so funny.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why trade an up and coming star, for an unknown commodity? Fans are bedazzled with the concept of the number one pick, but where would they pick, and who would it be?

There's no telling whether the pick would pan out. Gallup's arrow, is pointing up. The fascination with moving him, while intriguing, is not worth the risk.

To me, if Dallas was dangling a player for a number one draft pick; it should be Byron Jones. Most have him being a shut down corner; this would be a Nnmadi Asomugha trade.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Gallup is a young stud who'll only get bigger and better with weight training and further development.

Given time, he'll be worth his weight in gold. He's just getting going, in terms of what he'll be later on.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, Gallup is learning to be a sure set of hands...just needs a little more time.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Sanu, which a better player than Gallup just got traded for a #2.

You can find #2 WR's all over the place either via trade, FA, or later in the draft. Gallup is a nice young player, but a #1 receiver he isn't. If someone offers you a #1, you take it all day long.

Although I freely understand that there are Cowboy fans that over value Cowboy players.

Well, Sanu is a better player and only fetched a bottom 2..so the exercise is already over, no? We wouldn't get a 1st rounder for Gallup.

It's not a matter of fandom overvaluing a player, it's a matter of guarunteed output vs. theoretical output. You know what Gallup can give you, barring injury. You know he produces. Why would you exchange that for "what could be"?

I don't see it being a necessary gamble, being that our depth at WR is already shaky at best.

J-man

Reaction score
The answer is yes, if some team was crazy enough to offer a 1st for Gallup you take it.
Do we like him, yes. Do we need him yes. Is he good, yes. Is he young and have potential to be really good, yes. Is he worth a 1st rd pick, no. So you do the deal.
Reverse the deal. At the beginning of last season, when we needed WR help badly, would you have traded a 1st for Gallup? NO you would not have.

EST_1986

Reaction score
We turned down a 1 for Martellus Bennett so I have no faith in the front offices trading ability