Would you trade Zeke for a 2nd round pick?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
If a team in the early to middle of the 2nd round offer their 2nd round pick for Zeke do you take it?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
We seem to always be hit with that lol. Jerry never comes out on the side of a good contract. Name 1 person in the last 4 years whom Jerry signed to a big contract and we could actually trade for something worth while lol.
I still haven't gotten over the Roy Williams (WR) trade, but Jerry has my attention with the bad ink he put to paper with 2016 class.

Bigdog

Reaction score
When I saw the thread I thought it was Zeke for the 2nd pick in the draft. I would say he!! yes I would do that without batting an eye.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
No ones giving a 2 for an overpaid underachieving RB.

Agreed. Unfortunately a 2nd is just waaay to high for him and his contract. Now, I could see a 4th to a team like JAX if Urban Meyer was taking the job, which is being supposedly being reported.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If a team in the early to middle of the 2nd round offer their 2nd round pick for Zeke do you take it?
yes......in a heart beat.....as they say, stop the bleeding and then heal.....he is not top 10 RB any more and he can easily be replaced.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No...replace the 3rd string Oline we had with the actual starters and he will be more than serviceable. Top 3 back...probably not anymore but still more of a threat than any 2nd rounder would give you.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Theres way too many 21 jerseys still on the racks.

They will continue to say how great he is.

John813

Reaction score
Unfortunately you take a 10.8 mil cap hit if you trade Zeke.

so for that alone I wouldn’t.

Zeke can’t be moved on from until after next season

It's an additional 10.8mil dead cap hit on top of his 13.7mil 2021 cap hit if they cut him.

Trade prior to June 1st, for the 2nd round pick would be an additional 1.2mil dead cap on top of the 13.7mil cap hit.
So, it would be 14.9mil on the books for a now traded back. And honestly, I would think about it a lot.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If a team dealt a 2nd for an aging RB it would be more dumb than anything Jerry has done so far with that player.

John813

Reaction score
If a team dealt a 2nd for an aging RB it would be more dumb than anything Jerry has done so far with that player.

Houston traded Hopkins + 4th for David Johnson and a second and a future 4th.

While not the same criteria you listed, it was still equally ridiculous lol. Top receiver in his prime for a broken back

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO.
Why trade away one of the teams best players, and have no replacement. And don't say draft one, because you do not know what you will get.
Pollard is not the answer either. He showed he can't carry the load.