Would you trade Zeke for a 2nd round pick?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Sorry if it looked like everything I said was directly personally at you. And....yes...you DO say he is "overpaid"...no question about it by your very own words. I'm not saying you think he's not a good RB.....but if you are looking at the cap and point out zeke....well...you believe he's overpaid period.

I believe you COULD be assigning SOME blame on zeke. If he had 2k yards and we're in the playoff because of it....would he still be overpaid? He's clearly having a "down year" of sorts....which puts some mileage between performance and price.

No doubt he had a down year but I don’t put all that on him. When down to your 4th and 5th OT’s and lose the leagues best interior lineman production is sure to suffer. I’m looking forward to seeing a healthy o-line with Dak running the show. That will alleviate alot of pressure from Zeke and I think he’ll be at his best at that point.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt he had a down year but I don’t put all that on him. When down to your 4th and 5th OT’s and lose the leagues best interior lineman production is sure to suffer. I’m looking forward to seeing a healthy o-line with Dak running the show. That will alleviate alot of pressure from Zeke and I think he’ll be at his best at that point.
Oh...well okay then. We have far more in agreement than not. :thumbup:

basel90

Reaction score
So you think no NFL team would want him?

I get the contract but not him.

Your hatred is showing.
What hatred? Stop using convulsed rhetoric and divide people ... Zeke is the most expensive and least effective declining Rb and everyone knows it . Some teams will take him for 1/5th his contact .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What hatred? Stop using convulsed rhetoric and divide people ... Zeke is the most expensive and least effective declining Rb and everyone knows it . Some teams will take him for 1/5th his contact .
Exactly my point. You said "no teams want him, let alone the contract". Then you just said "some teams will take him for 1/5".

I don;t know if it's hate or what...but what you originally said was wrong. But thanks for correcting yourself.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
lol at this post,, RBs are a dime a dozen, they can be found every year, and there is only a small sample size of RBs in this league that should ever be handed, even offered a 2nd contract,, Henry is the exception and that even comes with a maybe.

Running backs are like every other position on a team, there is a range of their abilities. If they were a dime a dozen none of them would get a big contract. McCaffery gets over $16 mil a year, Zeke and Kamara $15 mil, David Johnson $13 mil, and on it goes. Are all of those NFL teams "stupid" for giving out big contracts?

The best get paid because they're worth it.

But you missed my point, I said I'd give Zeke another year to see if he can return to form. That's all, at this point. What if he does do like he did in 2016, etc.?

If he does, he's worth it. If not, he won't be. But his contract is prohibitive for getting rid of him this next year, so it's really a moot point...