Would you trade Zeke for a 2nd round pick?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If the team in question were willing to assume whatever his contract entails, I wouldn't hesitate.

If that's impossible, the obvious answer is hell, no! He's likely owed more than he's worth to try.

aria

Reaction score
Trade Zeke for a #2 pick? No way....when healthy with a little blocking, he gives our offense an identity.

Trade Zeke’s contract for a #2 pick? Very tempting, and yes, the two should be discussed separately. Our RB is more valuable than a number 2, but you can find power RBs who will pass protect, and you should never give another RB that kind of contract.
A little blocking? He needs a lot of blocking, the worst run blocking O line he’s had in his NFL career outside of this year was 10th, most were top 5, in which case most starting RB’s in the league would have had similar success minus his 2016 season.

What’s his identity? That lovely picture of him in my avatar? We know have the largest base of Star Wars fans in the league? A guy known for being a punk off the field? A selfish entitled diva fits this team pretty well, he sure raised the bar there by holding out with two years left on his contract until he was paid the highest ever for a RB.

Oh, I finally got it! I know what identity he gives our offense and why he should be considered the leader, he constantly takes himself out of plays because he’s an out of shape quitter and he crumbles in the face of adversity.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This makes no sense.

Especially considering all the off-field problems we've had with Zeke.

So we don't get the on-field production that every team with Ramsey has gotten.

We get off-field issues that aren't nearly as prevalent with Ramsey.

And we can't even trade Zeke for a fortune like the Jags were able to do.

How in the world are you a stan for Zeke given this fact pattern?

Go away.
hes wearing the star TOOL! thats an easy answer! hes had some great years here ok Karen! turn in your fan card if you cant support your players and drool over other.. stil fact remains Ramsey's wasnt good enough to be Jag lmao..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it meant unloading his salary then yes. The Pats have won a bunch of SB’s and never had a stud back. Always RB by committee and it works if you have a smart QB who avoids TO’s and manages the game. I think Dak can be that QB.
Ah...went with the exception to prove the rule. Good work.

Having said that....I agree...you CAN win super bowl with an average and cheap RB. a LOT of other things have to come into play...like an exceptional QB and coach. Usually a great defense.

We've got none of that...but let's blame the overpaid RB, shall we?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely, or. 3rd rounder . Zeke is in steep decline .
Um...no he's not.

I guess it depends on the definition of "steep". Is this a ditch steep or grand canyon steep? I think he should be given a chance to see. It just hasn't been that long.

His contract says so too.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Absolutely.

In a New York second...

No team would trade for his contract though so this is all futile.

ICP

Reaction score
I'd do it for a 7th and a bag of chips just to get out from under that contract.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
If a team in the early to middle of the 2nd round offer their 2nd round pick for Zeke do you take it?
Yes, I would trade him and I would even pay a little bit of his salary to make the deal happen. Zek isn't a bad RB, the problem I have is he isn't worth his current salary. Zek isn't hungry anymore, he's lost his appetite after JJ over fed him with that large contract. When I look around the NFL today I see here a lot of young RBs who aren't making squat, but they're showing up in camps working hard to get or keep their jobs.

basel90

Reaction score
Um...no he's not.

I guess it depends on the definition of "steep". Is this a ditch steep or grand canyon steep? I think he should be given a chance to see. It just hasn't been that long.

His contract says so too.
No nfl team wants him or half his contract .. he get tired and fumbles a lot , and drops a lot .

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
hes wearing the star TOOL! thats an easy answer! hes had some great years here ok Karen! turn in your fan card if you cant support your players and drool over other.. stil fact remains Ramsey's wasnt good enough to be Jag lmao..
Does this apply to Dak or just the players you don’t hate?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Ah...went with the exception to prove the rule. Good work.

Having said that....I agree...you CAN win super bowl with an average and cheap RB. a LOT of other things have to come into play...like an exceptional QB and coach. Usually a great defense.

We've got none of that...but let's blame the overpaid RB, shall we?

Who’s blaming Zeke for anything. And you said he’s over paid not me. But my reasoning for reading him is a shrinking cap number, Dak’s pending contract and saving money to be able to lure defensive difference makers here. Glad Zeke got paid, good for him and maybe another team will be better situated cap wise to accommodate him. I think the Cowboys have other more pressing needs to invest their money in

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Classic "bird in the hand " situation. Myself, I'm willing to let Zeke ride another year. Others want to risk doing worse than Zeke, a la Pollard as the lead back, get Gore or other draft another lead back.

Neither is a guaranteed win, despite what the "experts" on this site may think.

That part is simple..
lol at this post,, RBs are a dime a dozen, they can be found every year, and there is only a small sample size of RBs in this league that should ever be handed, even offered a 2nd contract,, Henry is the exception and that even comes with a maybe.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who’s blaming Zeke for anything. And you said he’s over paid not me. But my reasoning for reading him is a shrinking cap number, Dak’s pending contract and saving money to be able to lure defensive difference makers here. Glad Zeke got paid, good for him and maybe another team will be better situated cap wise to accommodate him. I think the Cowboys have other more pressing needs to invest their money in

Sorry if it looked like everything I said was directly personally at you. And....yes...you DO say he is "overpaid"...no question about it by your very own words. I'm not saying you think he's not a good RB.....but if you are looking at the cap and point out zeke....well...you believe he's overpaid period.

I believe you COULD be assigning SOME blame on zeke. If he had 2k yards and we're in the playoff because of it....would he still be overpaid? He's clearly having a "down year" of sorts....which puts some mileage between performance and price.