Would you want McNabb in Dallas?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
If he were to somehow become a free agent, would you want him to be brought in as the starting QB? I might get criticized for this, but I think Bledsoe is better overall, even when McNabb is 100%. He is an ok passer and is deadly when he scrambles, but I question his clutch ability. I don't know, there is just something about him that causes him to choke when it really matters. I honestly cannot remember a game in which he pulled a victory when the pressure was all on him. Most of the time, he throws an interception or makes questionable judgment calls. Bledsoe may not be mobile and may hold on to the ball to long. But if Dallas were down by 4 and needed a TD with 60 seconds left, give me Bledsoe.

:cool:

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
If he were to somehow become a free agent, would you want him to be brought in as the starting QB? I might get criticized for this, but I think Bledsoe is better overall, even when McNabb is 100%. He is an ok passer and is deadly when he scrambles, but I question his clutch ability. I don't know, there is just something about him that causes him to choke when it really matters. I honestly cannot remember a game in which he pulled a victory when the pressure was all on him. Most of the time, he throws an interception or makes questionable judgment calls. Bledsoe may not be mobile and may hold on to the ball to long. But if Dallas were down by 4 and needed a TD with 60 seconds left, give me Bledsoe.

:cool:

how easily you forget, mcnabb beat us last season when we were up in a clutch situation basicly by himself

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
If Parcells had McNabb, its hard to imagine the Cowboys losing another game. He's got the big arm, he can buy time in the pocket, he loves to throw to the TE, and the Cowboys run-first offense would be so much better suited to McNabb's abilities than the WCO. McNabb would be scary in Dallas.

He sucks in Philly, though!! :iggles:

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Why so McFlabb could choke for us in the big game? I know he is a good player but he always seems to fold in the biggest games. Heck just the last 2 weeks he has thrown horrible interceptions to make the other team win the game and he has the 4th worst passing rating in the 4th qtr of any NFC QB

Kilyin

Reaction score
koolaid said:
how easily you forget, mcnabb beat us last season when we were up in a clutch situation basicly by himself

Our lack of any pressure at all on Mcnabb beat us more than he did. I'll never forget the 30 second scramble and pass to Freddie Mitchell. Mcnabb threw two interceptions to Roy Williams in that game too, funnily enough (One got erased by a penalty). He does seem to make stupid mistakes when it matters the most, and I'm thankful for it.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I admit that I have seen improvement in McNabb over the last couple of years. He is still prone to throwing the "hang 'em high" ball hanging his receivers out to dry. And he is subject to throw more than his share into the dirt at the receivers feet; still not as bad as he used to be though.

I think McNabb could play for us and be successful all the way to the NFC Championship game where he would choke for us just like he does for the Eagles. I rather get a guy with that SB magic and you don't get those guys in FA most of the time (though I'm still hoping that Bledsoe will be the exception).

CowboyChris

Reaction score
unless we switched to the WCO, which is alot of short passes, i wouldnt take McNabb, cause i feel like he is very inaccurate to run a timing or vertical offense.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I have a feeling our WR's probably wouldn't like it. They like getting the ball too much. ;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
I think I'm the only guy on the forum who likes him.
You might be the only guy, but you won't be alone.

I hate that he plays for the Eagles. I'll never root for him, but I appreciate his talent.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The bottom line is McNabb is a better QB than Bledsoe. I like Drew and all but he has the same "knocks" on him as McNabb may have now. And I don't see any SB rings on Drew's finger. If we had McNabb coached by Parcells, we'd be a better team. Period.
And again...nothing against Drew Bledsoe. Good player. But McNabb is the better player. I don't think there's an NFL GM out there that would disagree.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
We have our QB.....move on...there is nothing here :)

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
JohnsKey19 said:
And I don't see any SB rings on Drew's finger.

It ironicthat I'm correcting you, because I agree with your post. I think McNabb is a better QB than Bledsoe also.

But look closer. Check every finger...

It should look something like this:

sb36.jpg

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
e bottom line is McNabb is a better QB than Bledsoe. I like Drew and all but he has the same "knocks" on him as McNabb may have now. And I don't see any SB rings on Drew's finger. If we had McNabb coached by Parcells, we'd be a better team. Period.
And again...nothing against Drew Bledsoe. Good player. But McNabb is the better player. I don't think there's an NFL GM out there that would disagree.

why? bc he scrambles? Drew is playing the best in the NFC right now. Mcnabb has about 5 interceptions in the 4th quarters of games and killed his team the past 3 games with late picks. Hes got a big strong arm and hes fast, and can act, but I really dont think he has what it takes to ever win a championship. Drew has won usseveral games this year, Mcnabb has not come through for his team once

If your asking who id take if im starting an expansion team, ir Mcnabb bc hes younger.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hey, that would be great! I'd love a flabby, overweight QB who chokes in the SUPER BOWL because he's out of shape. Maybe he could come to Dallas and chuck balls into the turf and throw game-ending INTs on a consistent basis.:rolleyes: