Would you want McNabb in Dallas?

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I dont want any QB who folds in big games the way he does.

Its bad enough we're talking TO to Dallas, now McNabb?

Id rather take my chances with Drew Bledsoe who by the way has totally outperformed McNabb this season.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
I dont want any QB who folds in big games the way he does.

Its bad enough we're talking TO to Dallas, now McNabb?

Id rather take my chances with Drew Bledsoe who by the way has totally outperformed McNabb this season.

Are you really suggesting that Bledsoe is a better, more talented player than McNabb?

Oh please, please be saying this. It's been awhile since someone threw me a softball like that.....

silver

Reaction score
Of course. Just because the Eagles are strugling Mcnabb is all of the sudden chopped liver. He's by far their best player. Since he's an Eagle I have a natural hatred towards him but just like I hated Montana and Bradshaw. My hatred doesn't make them bad players.

silver

Reaction score
JohnsKey19 said:
See I forgot about that because he didn't even play in the game.

I'm not anti-Bledsoe at all. He's a good player and he's having a good season. The question was asked who I'd rather have if both players are healthy and I chose McNabb. That's like asking if I'd rather have Julius Jones or Shawn Alexander.

Bledsoe did play in the playoffs when Brady got hurt and actually won the game so he very much deserves the ring.

ghst187

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Of course, because Quincy Carter took his team to 4 consectutive NFC title games, 5 consecutive NFC East titles, and a SB appearence

Think before you post :rolleyes:

read the entire post before you reply....
I said AFTER mcnubb decides that he's really hurt that he looks like QC. He starts throwing horrible passes and making bad decisions.

I think the philthy system has been good for him but I also think that his play will decline quickly in the next two seasons.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Folding in big games? Like Manning, who has folded in many more big games than McNabb?

I'd take him in a heartbeat too.

Fact is when superior teams throw the heart of their game plans at ya, even the franchise QBs are apt to look lame. McChunk was run ragged by the Pats last year, a brilliant strategy. Doesn't mean every team can duplicate it.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Would I get McNabb (if I could get him cheap)? Yes. He's better than Romo and he's better than Henson. And when coaches give him decent wide outs, his QBRs are up in the 90s.

David.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Folding in big games? Like Manning, who has folded in many more big games than McNabb?

I'd take him in a heartbeat too.

Fact is when superior teams throw the heart of their game plans at ya, even the franchise QBs are apt to look lame. McChunk was run ragged by the Pats last year, a brilliant strategy. Doesn't mean every team can duplicate it.

I dont get the infactuation with this guy, I just dont. Is he a good QB? Im not even sure anymore. Is he a championship QB? Hell no. He many times does he have to prove he cant win the big game?

Right now, Bledsoe is better.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Are you really suggesting that Bledsoe is a better, more talented player than McNabb?

Oh please, please be saying this. It's been awhile since someone threw me a softball like that.....

Bledsoe more talented than McNabb? No.... better? Yes.

So stick that softball in your pipe and smoke it!! :whip:

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Absolutely Bledsoe is better. He's not as talented cuz he can't run around. But IMO there is no doubt that he is the better QB.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Let me ask you the question this way: McNabb or Bledsoe, Glover, Henry, and Allen if you want to take the salaries/cap #'s into account.

followthestar

Reaction score
I would take McNabb in a heartbeat... class act, team guy, very hard to defend against, can carry a team. he has been bitten by the injury bug this year so stats for this season don't faze me. the only stat i see is 4 consecutive conference championships and its not his fault thats all the further they've gotten. bledsoe is good and i would agonize over the decision, but i think i would go with mcnabb if i had the chance, if he was healthy...

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
other than the slant and a deep route every now and then..........donovan mcnabb throws the most pathetic passes i've ever seen... they are either in the ground, 5 feet over the head, or 5 feet behind or in front of the intended.

make no mistake.......... the philly defense got the eagles to the playoffs the last 4 years........not mcnabb

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
other than the slant and a deep route every now and then..........donovan mcnabb throws the most pathetic passes i've ever seen... they are either in the ground, 5 feet over the head, or 5 feet behind or in front of the intended.

make no mistake.......... the philly defense got the eagles to the playoffs the last 4 years........not mcnabb

:hammer:

Hes not a bad palyer. but a lot of QBs would of been to a few NFC championsip games with that team and at the time the competition around them.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
flashback said:
It ironicthat I'm correcting you, because I agree with your post. I think McNabb is a better QB than Bledsoe also.

But look closer. Check every finger...

It should look something like this:

sb36.jpg

It's funny. People forget Bledsoe has a ring. Funny too how he beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship game too. So he has done pretty well when he's made it to big games.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I think I'm the only guy on the forum who likes him.

You're not by yourself, Hos. I like McNabb and think he handles himself with a lot of class. I would slap his Mom, however, if she tried to take my junk food and give me chunky soup.

If we could have McNabb for the regular season and a good second stringer to play in the championship games that would be perfect.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
McNabb on the Cowboys would be downright scary.

Thankfully that is not going to happen.