Would you want McNabb in Dallas?

superpunk

Reaction score
JohnsKey19 said:
And I don't see any SB rings on Drew's finger.

Yes, and McFlabb's just running out of fingers to put those rings on, huh? Bledsoe has better numbers this year and he's NOT in an 80% passing offense and he DOESN'T have T.O.

BTW, check Drew again - You'll find one from his last year with the Patriots. When he led them against the Stillers in the playoffs.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'm from Syracuse, I'm an Orangemen fan, so of course I would love to see McNabb in Dallas if he was still good. I used to be pretty close to the football program and I've never heard anything but glowing remarks about the guy.

OTOH, I do not want T.O. in Dallas. We got rid of Antonio Bryant, I don't want another one around here.

Rich.......

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
flashback said:
It ironicthat I'm correcting you, because I agree with your post. I think McNabb is a better QB than Bledsoe also.

But look closer. Check every finger...

It should look something like this:

sb36.jpg

See I forgot about that because he didn't even play in the game.

I'm not anti-Bledsoe at all. He's a good player and he's having a good season. The question was asked who I'd rather have if both players are healthy and I chose McNabb. That's like asking if I'd rather have Julius Jones or Shawn Alexander.

Homerun Trot

Reaction score
I'd take Bledsoe. He's durable, has a much more accurate and slightly stronger arm, is gutsy, and most importantly, doesn't dry-heave in the huddle in big situations.

superpunk

Reaction score
JohnsKey19 said:
That's like asking if I'd rather have Julius Jones or Shawn Alexander.

What does that even mean? Alexander's the best RB in the NFC right now, so I hope you're comparing him to the best QB in the NFC right now, and not McFlabb.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
There is more to being a QB than athleticism and good running ability. Bledoe is our leader and until that stops working for us I wouldn't change a thing.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Well. No need to beat a dead horse. I like Bledsoe and appreciate what he's done for the Cowboys. But if I had a choice, I'd go with McNabb if healthy.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I think all the trouble in the off season and through this season has affected MacNabb both playing wise and in his personality. In interviews he does not seem to carry himself with the same humility or confidence. It will probably take a while to get that back and I don't see it being this season. At the moment he is damaged goods and Bledsoe is playing a lot better then I gave him credit for at the start of the year. I wouldn't change.

I see MacNabb being the QB there as long as Reid is coach so I don't think he is going anywhere and I see Bledsoe being around as a starter for two more years barring injury.

lspain1

Reaction score
McNabb showed just how good he was on Monday night. Even when hurt, he rolled against pressure holding the ball until the db or lb had to release to chase him. Then he completed the pass for positive yardage. He ran for two(?) first downs on his own. And all of this with a limiting injury.

McNabb is good. McNabb is a class act. McNabb makes those around him better. McNabb is a leader. Some of you may not like it, but those are all facts. Andy Reid knows what he has in Mcnabb so it will never happen, but I would have McNabb as quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
He throws as good a ball as anyone in football (when healthy) and next to Vick is probably the best running QB. No brainer

The Curly One

Reaction score
Sure I would like to have McNabb here but I hope I never hear or see his Mother again. I hate the Eagles but like it or not Mcnabb is a good QB. Curly

ghst187

Reaction score
no way, whenever he decides that things aren't going his way and that he should act hurt, his play starts looking too much like Quincy Carter's.
no thanks...
I think he's overweight and he wilts under pressure.

KingTuna

Reaction score
If Mcnabb will sign to be Bledsoe's backup for another 2-3 years then sure!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
no way, whenever he decides that things aren't going his way and that he should act hurt, his play starts looking too much like Quincy Carter's.
no thanks...
I think he's overweight and he wilts under pressure.

Of course, because Quincy Carter took his team to 4 consectutive NFC title games, 5 consecutive NFC East titles, and a SB appearence

Think before you post :rolleyes: