Would you welcome Dez back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
yeah, romo going down for all of 15 had little to do with Dez numbers dropping....
No, I'm sure it did. What it didn't account for was his increased mistakes. That's something you and many other Dez fans can't admit. It's ALL on the QB in your opinion, just like coaching success and failure is all on the QB.

I have a laundry list of mistakes Dez made that is totally on his shoulders in 2015, which have nothing to do with the QB. Some of those mistakes occurred while Romo was playing, too. Dez doesn't even deny he had issues.

But you like Romo and Dez, but do not like the other QBs so you're willing to defend and find excuses for Romo and Dez, but not the other QBs.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No, I'm sure it did. What it didn't account for was his increased mistakes. That's something you and many other Dez fans can't admit. It's ALL on the QB in your opinion, just like coaching success and failure is all on the QB.

I have a laundry list of mistakes Dez made that is totally on his shoulders in 2015, which have nothing to do with the QB. Some of those mistakes occurred while Romo was playing, too. Dez doesn't even deny he had issues.

But you like Romo and Dez, but do not like the other QBs so you're willing to defend and find excuses for Romo and Dez, but not the other QBs.

UNless you go back over EVERY game of Dez career and start counting up EVERY mistake he made.... along with other WRs in the game, your claim of his mistakes increasing is total crap. So give me ALL of his mistakes in his career, per game, per season... and then Ill listen.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
name me all the WRs that score double digit TDs in a season that dont have a very aggressive QB...... Im waiting
I'm not concerned or obsessed with that ONE statistic. There's more to it. Get it?

No idea why some fans defend Bryant like he was some God at WR.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
UNless you go back over EVERY game of Dez career and start counting up EVERY mistake he made.... along with other WRs in the game, your claim of his mistakes increasing is total crap. So give me ALL of his mistakes in his career, per game, per season... and then Ill listen.
You're not going to listen anyway, Reid. Dez was on top of his game from 2012-2014, was he not? You are referring to him being "elite" are you not? Then his hands stop working in 2015 dropping easy passes and you want to blame that entirely on the QB, even when he admitted he wasn't right mentally? You're simply talking out your behind and you know it.

Reactions: G2

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You're not going to listen anyway, Reid. Dez was on top of his game from 2012-2014, was he not? You are referring to him being "elite" are you not? Then his hands stop working in 2015 dropping easy passes and you want to blame that entirely on the QB, even when he admitted he wasn't right mentally? You're simply talking out your behind and you know it.
yep... I wont listen to an argument that have have ZERO to back up your claaims of Dez's mistakes increasing so much after he got his contract.... if you want to make a claim like that, give me some objective PROOF... not just some claim you pulled out of your rear.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'm not concerned or obsessed with that ONE statistic. There's more to it. Get it?

No idea why some fans defend Bryant like he was some God at WR.
you just made a claim about Dez needing a gunslinger to be effective... and you didnt like that. Im just asking you to point to the WRs that are super effective like Dez was at that time, that have a conservative QB. You make a claim, and I am just asking you to point to the others that can do as you suggest.

You see I actually like some examples to back up something i say... you just seem to throw crap pout there like we are supposed to accept it as the gospel.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
you just made a claim about Dez needing a gunslinger to be effective... and you didnt like that. Im just asking you to point to the WRs that are super effective like Dez was at that time, that have a conservative QB. You make a claim, and I am just asking you to point to the others that can do as you suggest.

You see I actually like some examples to back up something i say... you just seem to throw crap pout there like we are supposed to accept it as the gospel.
It's funny you need a receipt for every opinion, yet all you have done is make demands. You're not backing anything up. All you have to do is look at the numbers. Anyone can do it. Same with your obsession to have other WRs as examples.

Go back and watch his "performance" when we played Seattle. If you think that's elite then this debate is over because your man-crush is indestructible.
That game was when I gave up on him because he clearly doesn't have it in him.

Let me guess, you want examples of his lack of efforts, right?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
yep... I wont listen to an argument that have have ZERO to back up your claaims of Dez's mistakes increasing so much after he got his contract.... if you want to make a claim like that, give me some objective PROOF... not just some claim you pulled out of your rear.
Sure. Let's look at his drops compared to receptions, shall we. And let's see if we see a spike.
Drops obtained from sportingcharts.com except 2017, in which they stopped tracking. Used a conservative 6 drops because I've seen some give him credit for double digit drops.
It shows balls caught, balls dropped, and % of drops -- drops / (receptions+drops)

2010 - 45 receptions / 2 drops - 4.2%
2011 - 63 receptions / 2 drops - 3%
2012 - 92 receptions / 9 drops - 8.9%
2013 - 93 receptions / 6 drops - 6%
2014 - 88 receptions / 5 drops - 5.4%
2015 - 31 receptions / 5 drops - 16.1%
2016 - 50 receptions / 1 drop - 1.9%
2017 - 69 receptions / 6 drops - 7.9%

So, we are talking about 2015 in which the QBs just made Dez suck. The dude dropped 16% of his passes in the limited number of balls he could have caught. Those don't even count the jump balls that he was absolutely horrible at that year, sometimes not even being able to get a hand on the ball, let alone drop it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
As a fan (without all the crap he let loose when leaving) I would welcome him back but I am not sure the team would. He burned a lot of bridges upon exit.

I don't see it ever happening.

In an interesting comparison, look how butt-hurt Antonio Brown got after someone suggesting Ben made him! WR's egos are pretty fragile!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Sure. Let's look at his drops compared to receptions, shall we. And let's see if we see a spike.
Drops obtained from sportingcharts.com except 2017, in which they stopped tracking. Used a conservative 6 drops because I've seen some give him credit for double digit drops.
It shows balls caught, balls dropped, and % of drops -- drops / (receptions+drops)

2017 - 69 receptions / 7 drops - 9.2%

So, we are talking about 2015 in which the QBs just made Dez suck. The dude dropped 16% of his passes in the limited number of balls he could have caught. Those don't even count the jump balls that he was absolutely horrible at that year, sometimes not even being able to get a hand on the ball, let alone drop it.

2010 - Romo
2011 - Romo
2012 - Romo
2013 - Romo
2014 - Romo
2015 - Junk and injured
2016 - Dak
2017 - Dak and admittedly he was an absolute headcase- Definitely a mental midgett/dropoff but I am not convinced he had a physical dropoff

blumayne38

Reaction score
As a fan (without all the crap he let loose when leaving) I would welcome him back but I am not sure the team would. He burned a lot of bridges upon exit.

I don't see it ever happening.

In an interesting comparison, look how butt-hurt Antonio Brown got after someone suggesting Ben made him! WR's egos are pretty fragile!
But butler is is out there making raps with Beasley in the valley ranch lunchroom

blumayne38

Reaction score

2017 - 69 receptions / 6 drops - 7.9%

Those stats are not bad lol if dez has more targets and Dak was able to make throws the percentage would have gone down.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
A lot of people in this thread:

tenor.gif

It's not about money or production, it's about attitude. Dez validated the problem when he took a flamethrower to Lee, Fredbeard, Linehan, and a few others. If you think that has nothing to do with him being unemployed I'll bet you've never hired anyone in your life. It doesn't even matter if some of what he said was correct.

To bring him back now, after all of that, would be borderline insane from a management standpoint. I'd like to think even the Cowboys aren't that stupid, but then Stephen Jones starts talking.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Those stats are not bad lol if dez has more targets and Dak was able to make throws the percentage would have gone down.
We were talking about 2015 and the QBs making Dez suck. Of course the QBs sucked and that hurt Dez's overall production. The point Dez fans can't acknowledge, is that he sucked too. Dez even acknowledges it, but his fans can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.