Wow, Wade actually got pissed at the media today...vid post #76

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe;2460786 said:
It's hard for Wade to make things look contentions.

That video was way overrated. I thought I was going to hear some fireworks.

Heck, that was mild compared to some of the great coach-reporter spats.

But I do think Watkins' playoff comment was uncalled for.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

And that's just how Wade treated it.
Well since I'd previously read the PC transcripts in the Daily Zone, I knew there wouldn't be fireworks.

I was just glad to see it so I could put the words in context.

I'm not into bashing the media or anything, but what he said was out of line.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wow. I'm disapointed in Watkins. Even for the Dallas media that's sort of low. Maybe if this was New York i'd understand but these guys did no such thing when Parcells was here. Now they're hard body? Now they're made out of teflon? I didn't think Wade had that in him to be honest. But even he can only take so much. I just don't get the lack of respect he gets. He's done nothing but improve this Cowboys team yet he's treated worse than anyone in town. The Rangers can't even get in the playoffs, the Mavs if they get there will probably choke in the 1st round again, Stars are garbage yet Wade the only guy who can even get his team in the playoffs is treated the worst?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
rocyaice;2460832 said:
Wow. I'm disapointed in Watkins. Even for the Dallas media that's sort of low. Maybe if this was New York i'd understand but these guys did no such thing when Parcells was here. Now they're hard body? Now they're made out of teflon? I didn't think Wade had that in him to be honest. But even he can only take so much. I just don't get the lack of respect he gets. He's done nothing but improve this Cowboys team yet he's treated worse than anyone in town. The Rangers can't even get in the playoffs, the Mavs if they get there will probably choke in the 1st round again, Stars are garbage yet Wade the only guy who can even get his team in the playoffs is treated the worst?

Stars went to the western conference finals and lost to Detroit. Thats not garbage, now they are struggling so far this year and the loss of morrow and ott is devastating, but its a long season.

You are right though, only the cowboys get treated this way in Dallas, but that is how it should be. But watkins is a complete tool to talk to an an nfl coach that way, regardless of what coach it is or what team he coaches.

Acting like he has any clue about actual Football stuff and how to teach it, coach it and instruct it is pure comedy.

ddh33

Reaction score
Calvin Watkins is a d***. It's that simple.

I don't mind saying that I am a BIG Wade Phillips fan. He was the guy I wanted Jerry to hire, and I think he's done a heck of a job here.

People like to talk about the playoff loss, but Wade couldn't cover. He needed Jacques Reeves to do that. And Wade couldn't catch, he needed Crayton, Fasano, and others to do that. I just think it's completely unfair.

Wade Phillips does coach a very talented team. Everyone knows that. But this is a challenging job. I think he's done a good job with this group. I think he has the pulse of the team, and I think they respond to him.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2460706 said:
That look reminds me of the Wayne Brady sketch on the Chapelle Show right before he says "Is Wayne Brady gunna have to choke a ......?"

http://img85.*************/img85/4878/wayne2ao2.jpg

:lmao:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Phillips should never tell any one "why don't you coach them"
He might get his wish sooner than later.

His answer to the playoffs deal? I would like to see it too Phillips.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
DallasEast;2460181 said:
+1, but can Yo Mick simply keep Oprah's name in print and get rid of her pic???

Bob Sacamano;2461420 said:
:laugh2: no kidding

"Visual" contrast. Hehehe

Dave_in-NC;2461424 said:
Phillips should never tell any one "why don't you coach them"
He might get his wish sooner than later.

His answer to the playoffs deal? I would like to see it too Phillips.

Normally I would agree... but Wade said it just right..... like "you little piss ant"