Wow, Wade actually got pissed at the media today...vid post #76

Eskimo

Reaction score
Wood;2460076 said:
Wade is on the verge of not making/winning a playoff game in Dallas after inheriting the most talented team any coach in Cowboy history has walked into.

Giants were on a roll last year and played a great game to barely beat us. If the game were a week later and TO was more fully recovered, I think we probably beat them but that's not the way it happened.

He has a chance this year to get the team into the playoffs and then wreak havoc. It's been a very interesting season.

Givincer

Reaction score
DallasEast;2460181 said:
+1, but can Yo Mick simply keep Oprah's name in print and get rid of her pic???

:laugh2:

I can't imagine Watkins didn't regret what he said after saying it. I just can't imagine.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'll have to check out the video cause for them to get Wade riled up is a pretty good accomplishment on their part. That guy doesn't ever seem to get angry about anything.

Givincer

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2460219 said:
I'll have to check out the video cause for them to get Wade riled up is a pretty good accomplishment on their part. That guy doesn't ever seem to get angry about anything.

Not sure if I've seen him this irritated at a reporter's comment since he's been here. Not surprising that he reacted the way he did. Almost any person would.

He's got to be wondering what the hell he's done. As has already been pointed out in this thread, he's 21-8 with this team, and 21-6 with his starting quarterback playing. The guy deserves a little respect from the media, I think.

yimyammer

Reaction score
ndanger;2459799 said:
I missed Albert Breer before he got out of city limits. Damn shame to see him go. He was about as good as it gets in my opinion. It's a freakin' shame a city the size of Dallas that has every major sport except Extreme Knitting has to have probably the worst sports journalists of any city in the nation. SAD! :mad:

Agreed!! I loved Breers no nonsense, unemotional analysis. All this drama tells me nothing

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wood;2460076 said:
Wade is on the verge of not making/winning a playoff game in Dallas after inheriting the most talented team any coach in Cowboy history has walked into.

Or he's on the verge of leading the Cowboys to playoff success for years to come. We don't know yet.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I really like the us against the world mentality as I think it works for teams quite nicely and I think the media has helped up there with their inane bashing of Philips as some hick bumpkin who doesn't know football, even though he has spent an entire lifetime in the sport.

You get Tank, T.O., Pacman --who isn't talking to the media thank goodness, and now Wade being a bit testy with them. I love it.

I do miss BP insulting them weekly. They finally got a coach in here who is rather nice and open and they tear him to pieces even tho he is 21-8 as head coach here.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wood;2460076 said:

false and not even close.

Barry Switzer inherited the most talented Cowboys team by far.

Not only that but it is disingenuous to talk talent and not note all the season ending injuries this team has faced. The IR is what 6 or 7 deep now with notable contributors?

Furthermore what is "on the verge" exactly? Yea if we lose 2 of the last 4 games we'll miss the playoffs. But we haven't played .500 ball since Wade got here. His record is batting 3 wins and 1 loss and that gets this team to the playoffs.

This team under Wade is 7-2 this year with Romo at QB and one of the losses he was hurt in the game.

When it takes 11 wins to get in the playoffs which is pretty rare, lots of teams are "on the verge" of missing the playoffs.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I just watched laufenbergs piece on this. they had their own video of wade.

Wade was livid. You can tell from his non reaction that he was livid.

IMO. Calvin Watkins should have his credential lifted for the rest of this season. He purposely made a spectacle of himself. He is there to cover stories, not be the story.

he needs to be disciplined. It really was a complete lack of respect.

and by the way their was an actual DJ in the bubble! I will put the video up later. People are going to flip their lid when they see the DJ.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Total clown act by Watkins. He should be disciplined for it, really.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
There's 2 sides to every coin.

Obviously no one here hates the Dallas Media (or just media in general) more than I do, but at the same time that's just the way those mental midgets are and you have to be able to deal with it. That goes for the players as well.

That said... I'd love it if this was Wade's "Natural" way of dealing with the media. Sadly, it isn't.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Wade's been prickly with the media for most of the season. This was actually one of his more tame press conferences. He usually pops off more.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack;2460332 said:
There's 2 sides to every coin.

Obviously no one here hates the Dallas Media (or just media in general) more than I do, but at the same time that's just the way those mental midgets are and you have to be able to deal with it. That goes for the players as well.

That said... I'd love it if this was Wade's "Natural" way of dealing with the media. Sadly, it isn't.

You just don't tell a coach to his face that you could do a better job than he could when the coach is in the middle of giving you the information you need to do your job.

Watkins is a reporter, and not a particularly good one. He's not supposed to be part of the news and it's not his job to share his opinion with the head coach.

I'm just fleshing out an argument, I know you're not defending the Dallas media. When did it become ok for people to lose all sense of perspective and relative importance in order to get attention?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Idgit;2460347 said:
You just don't tell a coach to his face that you could do a better job than he could when the coach is in the middle of giving you the information you need to do your job.

Watkins is a reporter, and not a particularly good one. He's not supposed to be part of the news and it's not his job to share his opinion with the head coach.

I'm just fleshing out an argument, I know you're not defending the Dallas media. When did it become ok for people to lose all sense of perspective and relative importance in order to get attention?

Agreed. It's definitely WRONG on the media's part, but the do it ALL THE TIME. Not just the Dallas Media either.

IMO the media is one of the most unethical organizations in the US. I'd put journalists right below lawyers as far as ethics goes.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
lol, I don't know if that look was so much a death stare as one of Wade's trademarked dumbfounded looks. Watkins comes off sounding like a child, what a moron.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Good lord that guy needs to have his credentials yanked.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks theebs for the vid...

I've had that Wade look before. It was one of those "I can't believe this moron said that to me and it's taking every ounce of self-control not to light him up" looks.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
BlueStar22;2460054 said:
Wade should've told him how they've all grown a pair since the last coach left town.

True. Those ******* wouldnt dream of trying that crap w/ BP