Wow, Wade actually got pissed at the media today...vid post #76

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
That look reminds me of the Wayne Brady sketch on the Chapelle Show right before he says "Is Wayne Brady gunna have to choke a ......?"

http://img85.*************/img85/4878/wayne2ao2.jpg

Skin

Reaction score
theogt;2460521 said:
Good lord that guy needs to have his credentials yanked.

In 100% agreement. Jerry needs to be on the phone with DMN editors and tell them that stuff isn't going to fly. Unfortunately, he won't.

If I were Wade, I would never take another question from Calvin Watkins.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Skin;2460714 said:
In 100% agreement. Jerry needs to be on the phone with DMN editors and tell them that stuff isn't going to fly. Unfortunately, he won't.

Theogt was joking.

He was being sarcastic because I said that last night.

Skin

Reaction score
theebs;2460715 said:
Theogt was joking.

My bad. My opinion still holds.

I'd love to see how a guy like Calvin Watkins would make it at a construction site. Methinks he wouldn't be running his mouth so much with the possibility of a meeting in the parking lot after work. Some of these guys need to be b-slapped. I hate the media.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2460715 said:
Theogt was joking.

No, I was serious. They shouldn't allow the guy access for the rest of the season. It showed a total lack of professionalism.

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
Watkins is a child, i hope they never let him into valley ranch again. Seriously he let the old guys rest, whats the big deal. I would like to see Calvin coach a football team, that would make him realize that he is just a tool.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2460725 said:
No, I was serious. They shouldn't allow the guy access for the rest of the season. It showed a total lack of professionalism.

oh sorry dude. I thought you were poking me with a stick there.

and as you know I agree. I really dislike watkins.

And what he did overstepped the bounds. I sometimes think that these guys have the right to act that way because of how much attention they get now. A guy like watkins has his columns, then he blogs, then he does numerous local radio shows during the week and also shows up on the sunday night tv shows very often. So he ends up thinking his opinion really matters and he can actually tell a professional football coach how to do things.

It was shocking to me. Its one thing to argue personal stuff with a coach or lightheartedly offer advice, or question events....but to comment the way he did was out of line and should result in something.

Rackat

Reaction score
Agreed, he should have his press credentials revoked by the Cowboys organization.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't want to go after the guys credential, but he should issue a public apology. What can we do to apply pressure for that on the DMN?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Michael irvin just talked to watkins and He cant come on his show and talk about the "incident" publically.

LOL.

He must have gotten slapped by someone.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2460706 said:
That look reminds me of the Wayne Brady sketch on the Chapelle Show right before he says "Is Wayne Brady gunna have to choke a ......?"

:lmao2:

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2460742 said:
Michael irvin just talked to watkins and He cant come on his show and talk about the "incident" publically.

LOL.

explain further (trying to make sense of your first sentence but I'm having trouble seeing who you mean by "he" and why)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2459750 said:
I side with the team and not with the media. I am glad more people are putting media in their place, first TO's "Next Question" and now Wade being less patient.

It's the Us. vs. Them mentality. Whatever yields wins. :D

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theebs;2460742 said:

LOL.

He should have been slapped by Wade approximately .4 seconds after he said 'playoffs'.

That's unreal. The lack of respect is shocking. So is the lack of professionalism.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2460548 said:
Thanks theebs for the vid...

I've had that Wade look before. It was one of those "I can't believe this moron said that to me and it's taking every ounce of self-control not to light him up" looks.

It's hard for Wade to make things look contentions.

That video was way overrated. I thought I was going to hear some fireworks.

Heck, that was mild compared to some of the great coach-reporter spats.

But I do think Watkins' playoff comment was uncalled for.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

And that's just how Wade treated it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
xWraithx;2460777 said:
explain further (trying to make sense of your first sentence but I'm having trouble seeing who you mean by "he" and why)

ok.

He = Calvin watkins.

why= he couldnt come on irvins radio show right now because apparently he is not allowed to talk about yesterday publically.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2460706 said:

That's the video you should have youtubed. :laugh2:

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2459691 said:
At the PC... It almost looked like Parcells. First Todd Archer asked him if he could possibly activate another RB if Barber is questionable after he'd already answered the question, and Wade says, "What did I just say?"

And then someone (I think Calvin Watkins?) asked about practicing inside, and Wade tersely said (paraphrasing), "Because that's what I decided. You want to coach the team?" Then Watkins said something back, and Wade said something like, "Yeah, I bet that would be great." :eek: Then just shook his head with disgust like, "I can't believe these guys."

Also, he said Alan Ball was working some at safety with Watkins out. That sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Ball is rangy and fast, and although he's skinny, he's never been afraid to tackle.

Wade is no cupcake!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Skin;2460714 said:

TO to Wade: Hey Wade, try this - - "Next Question"?:laugh2:

theogt;2460725 said:

Agreed.

UDcowboysfan;2460728 said:
Watkins is a child, i hope they never let him into valley ranch again. Seriously he let the old guys rest, whats the big deal. I would like to see Calvin coach a football team, that would make him realize that he is just a tool.

I agree with the resting of the players... the problem is... its looked at in a way as "we wont be prepared" or "we wont play hard" - THATS on Wade and the Cowboys organization. Its become who we are.

Idgit;2460739 said:
I don't want to go after the guys credential, but he should issue a public apology. What can we do to apply pressure for that on the DMN?

I dont see it. But if the guy did it privately just for Wade - that would be cool.