CFZ WR group is probably the worst outside of the Giants

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think brining in TY will help and we do need more pop. Im sure just about every team could use a little more pop. Brown just doesnt cut it. Washington and Tolbert didnt work out.

Hope you’re right but not going to hold my breath for a dude off the couch out of his prime.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Cowboys have the #1 scoring offense in the NFL. Try as you might, you preseason and season long complaints have amounted to absolutely nothing. Cowboys have wanted to focus more on the run game and that is what they have done. Its working.

And FYI................TE's catch passes too and should be involved in any educated pass catching conversation.

I agree. It was working so much they got away from it. Can't have what works keep working. :muttley:

Loso86

Reaction score
We have one legitimate receiver in CeeDee Lamb, who is starting to look like the receiver we thought we will get after drafting him. Tremendous in space.

Gallup is giving the team virtually nothing on a week to week basis. One of the worst in the entire league to gaining separation, haven't seen one deep pass stretching the field, which was his calling card. He has become a finesse, underneath receiver this season, post injury.

With Gallup's lack of production this season, Noah Brown has be forced to become the team's #2 receiver. Nothing against Brown, who has played well, but on a good team he is more of a 4th or 5th type of receiver. The team is using him as their deep threat and go to guy when teams double up Lamb. This is a total miscast.

We have gotten nothing out of James Washington since he has been activated. There is a reason why the team signed Hilton and are still chasing OBJ, as this group is probably the worse in the conference outside the Giants receivers. Our passing game is pretty much Lamb and Dalton Shultz. Something has to change or our passing offense can easily be shutdown.
That's over doing it, far from the worst right now with teams like the Packers and Ravens etc. Let's calm down a bit

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We have one legitimate receiver in CeeDee Lamb, who is starting to look like the receiver we thought we will get after drafting him. Tremendous in space.

Gallup is giving the team virtually nothing on a week to week basis. One of the worst in the entire league to gaining separation, haven't seen one deep pass stretching the field, which was his calling card. He has become a finesse, underneath receiver this season, post injury.

With Gallup's lack of production this season, Noah Brown has be forced to become the team's #2 receiver. Nothing against Brown, who has played well, but on a good team he is more of a 4th or 5th type of receiver. The team is using him as their deep threat and go to guy when teams double up Lamb. This is a total miscast.

We have gotten nothing out of James Washington since he has been activated. There is a reason why the team signed Hilton and are still chasing OBJ, as this group is probably the worse in the conference outside the Giants receivers. Our passing game is pretty much Lamb and Dalton Shultz. Something has to change or our passing offense can easily be shutdown.

Let me guess, you are a Dak fan.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm curious how many rub routes our offense runs, compared to other teams, whose receivers get more separation.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The combination of Amari Cooper and Lamb would most likely have cut down on Dak's INTs.

rambo2

Reaction score

I wonder how they went 10 and 4 and are averaging 37.1 points per game in their last 7 games?

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys have 5 players with 20 or more receptions. The 49ers have 4. So do the Eagles.

The 5 players are one TE, one RB and three WR's

The Cowboys are ranked 10th in yards per passing attempt. They are 14th in passing TD's. They are ranked 22nd in pass attempts, averaging 30.5 attempts per game.

The Cowboys receivers at this point are above average. They are not prolific but they are also not terrible.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I wonder how they went 10 and 4 and are averaging 37.1 points per game in their last 7 games?
A lot has to do with the league being top heavy, I worry about strong secondaries we will face in the playoffs

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Let me guess, you are a Dak fan.
This has nothing to do with Dak, a good secondary will be able to double Lamb and easily cover Noah Brown. There is a reason why they almost traded for Cooks, flirted with Beckmann and signed Hilton as the group is average outside of Lamb.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sometimes you have to look at the Jockey before you blame the horses........;)

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Come on brother, you know it’s Dak’s fault.:angry::lmao2::facepalm: Joking aside the Cowboys need to use those three tight ends more. Gallup will be better next season after he gets further removed from the ACL injury. Saturday I will be looking forward to seeing if Hilton can stretch the field.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Come on brother, you know it’s Dak’s fault.:angry::lmao2::facepalm: Joking aside the Cowboys need to use those three tight ends more. Gallup will be better next season after he gets further removed from the ACL injury. Saturday I will be looking forward to seeing if Hilton can stretch the field.
My worry is a good secondary like Philly will easily shutdown our receivers, agree TE’s have to pick up the slack

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

I'm sure glad they overpaid Zeke and Dak and then traded Amari Cooper for peanuts.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Sheer hubris by the front office this off-season with the WR position.

I think Tolbert not being able to contribute at all was a surprise to the team. I'm guessing they were expecting a Gallup rookie season type progression from Tolbert and they got zilch. And I'm not making any excuses for them at all..

cnuball21

Reaction score
The Cowboys have 5 players with 20 or more receptions. The 49ers have 4. So do the Eagles.

The 5 players are one TE, one RB and three WR's

The Cowboys are ranked 10th in yards per passing attempt. They are 14th in passing TD's. They are ranked 22nd in pass attempts, averaging 30.5 attempts per game.

The Cowboys receivers at this point are above average. They are not prolific but they are also not terrible.

I would take the Eagles and 49ers receiving options 10 times out of 10 over the Cowboys.

They are playoff caliber. The Cowboys are not.

Would you not?