CFZ WR group is probably the worst outside of the Giants

baltcowboy

Reaction score
My worry is a good secondary like Philly will easily shutdown our receivers, agree TE’s have to pick up the slack
To beat the Eagles you have run the football and get them behind on the scoreboard. Washington did that and they don’t have close to the offensive line, running backs or quarterback that we do. I just wonder if Kellen is willing to run the ball 70% of the time.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
To beat the Eagles you have run the football and get them behind on the scoreboard. Washington did that and they don’t have close to the offensive line, running backs or quarterback that we do. I just wonder if Kellen is willing to run the ball 70% of the time.
I doubt it, but we shall find out.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Cowboys have the #1 scoring offense in the NFL. Try as you might, you preseason and season long complaints have amounted to absolutely nothing. Cowboys have wanted to focus more on the run game and that is what they have done. Its working.

And FYI................TE's catch passes too and should be involved in any educated pass catching conversation.
I'm more worried about the playoff teams, not the lousy ones we scored a ton of points against. Bucs shut our offense down, Eagles beat up our backup, the only playoff team we beat was the Vikings, as we picked on a rookie who was green.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Cowboys have the #1 scoring offense in the NFL. Try as you might, you preseason and season long complaints have amounted to absolutely nothing. Cowboys have wanted to focus more on the run game and that is what they have done. Its working.

And FYI................TE's catch passes too and should be involved in any educated pass catching conversation.
And you don’t think two good wideouts help the running game?

quickccc

Reaction score
We have one legitimate receiver in CeeDee Lamb, who is starting to look like the receiver we thought we will get after drafting him. Tremendous in space.

Gallup is giving the team virtually nothing on a week to week basis. One of the worst in the entire league to gaining separation, haven't seen one deep pass stretching the field, which was his calling card. He has become a finesse, underneath receiver this season, post injury.

With Gallup's lack of production this season, Noah Brown has be forced to become the team's #2 receiver. Nothing against Brown, who has played well, but on a good team he is more of a 4th or 5th type of receiver. The team is using him as their deep threat and go to guy when teams double up Lamb. This is a total miscast.

We have gotten nothing out of James Washington since he has been activated. There is a reason why the team signed Hilton and are still chasing OBJ, as this group is probably the worse in the conference outside the Giants receivers. Our passing game is pretty much Lamb and Dalton Shultz. Something has to change or our passing offense can easily be shutdown.

- Cowboys relied on Gallup gradually recovering strong from ACL.
He's still not close to his previous form. As a result, he's having issues with separation, and he's not showing the vertical deep ability he had prior to his ACL injury.
i think its;a better chance to returning to idea play mod, after a full offseason and a year removed from the ACL.
it won't be until next season, imo ..so It's a wait and see. . .

- They were relying very heavily upon rookie Jalen Tolbert and FA vet James Washington - when they failed, this was a huge setback.
They thought and relied on these two to lessen the burden in filling in adequately for a recovering Gallup as well as being idea 3rd WRs.
They reportedly were so high on Tolbert as they had a 2nd round grade entering NFL draft. At this point, he's been virtually game inactive.

- I was meh about the Washington signing, but left it up to McClay & Co.- Cannot always hit big on every FA signings and draft picks. . .

- We've been extremely lucky that Lamb has been very durable for us, and hasn't missed games or hampered by injuries. Otherwise Noah Brown
would've been our lead WR ... Yikes ! .... :eek:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
- Cowboys relied on Gallup gradually recovering strong from ACL.
He's still not close to his previous form. As a result, he's having issues with separation, and he's not showing the vertical deep ability he had prior to his ACL injury.
i think its;a better chance to returning to idea play mod, after a full offseason and a year removed from the ACL.
it won't be until next season, imo ..so It's a wait and see. . .

- They were relying very heavily upon rookie Jalen Tolbert and FA vet James Washington - when they failed, this was a huge setback.
They thought and relied on these two to lessen the burden in filling in adequately for a recovering Gallup as well as being idea 3rd WRs.
They reportedly were so high on Tolbert as they had a 2nd round grade entering NFL draft. At this point, he's been virtually game inactive.

- I was meh about the Washington signing, but left it up to McClay & Co.- Cannot always hit big on every FA signings and draft picks. . .

- We've been extremely lucky that Lamb has been very durable for us, and hasn't missed games or hampered by injuries. Otherwise Noah Brown
would've been our lead WR ... Yikes ! .... :eek:
Their plan was flawed, relying on Gallup returning from major injury and only adding James Washington and a green rookie from a small school. This certainly could have added a better option in fa, but they decided to play moneyball instead. A player like JuJu would of been much better and he is making a very modest number. Right now we are putting all our bags on a 30 year old veteran who hasn't played the entire year. This is a major area of weakness.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Ravens, titans, packers, Steelers, patriots, Texans, colts off the top of my head are worse

Amen. You give AR these receivers and GB would be in the thick of things.

Titans would be a tough out. They are well coached and hard nosed, physical team. They just have no one outside a rookie to even slightly concern opposing defenses.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
WR group is probably the worst outside of the Giants?

And yet the Cowboys have one of the Top Scoring Offence in the NFL

Doesn't Hold any Water

We have one legitimate receiver in CeeDee Lamb, who is starting to look like the receiver we thought we will get after drafting him. Tremendous in space.

Gallup is giving the team virtually nothing on a week to week basis. One of the worst in the entire league to gaining separation, haven't seen one deep pass stretching the field, which was his calling card. He has become a finesse, underneath receiver this season, post injury.

With Gallup's lack of production this season, Noah Brown has be forced to become the team's #2 receiver. Nothing against Brown, who has played well, but on a good team he is more of a 4th or 5th type of receiver. The team is using him as their deep threat and go to guy when teams double up Lamb. This is a total miscast.

We have gotten nothing out of James Washington since he has been activated. There is a reason why the team signed Hilton and are still chasing OBJ, as this group is probably the worse in the conference outside the Giants receivers. Our passing game is pretty much Lamb and Dalton Shultz. Something has to change or our passing offense can easily be shutdown.

WR group is probably the worst outside of the Giants?:facepalm:

And yet the Cowboys have one of the Top Scoring Offence in the NFL:dance:

Soooo.. Your Headline Doesn't Really Hold any Water..:laugh:

plasticman

Reaction score
I would take the Eagles and 49ers receiving options 10 times out of 10 over the Cowboys.

They are playoff caliber. The Cowboys are not.

Would you not?
I would diversify a little more than both. Neither team is injury resistant.

ghst187

Reaction score
two boneheaded decisions may have doomed our season.giving a big contract to Gallup when he clearly is not ready even now and cutting Amari Cooper.

i got flamed repeatedly for saying this from the off-season until a few weeks ago. “We are better off without Amari’s big contract” even “Gallup is better” and other nonsense. Pretty sure the eagles were super jazzed that we gave Amari away. Then we didn’t even use the money we saved to sign anyone of use. Imagine Amari running the routes and getting the looks that Noah Brown has this season, esp the games we had Rush back there, who had some chemistry with Amari. I truly believe we have two more wins right now had we kept Amari. Didn’t understand the argument about dumping his contract either….basically his salary is about the going rate and we could’ve dumped him a year later if needed but at least we have him for a run this year. This was a pure Jerry move who made it based on his super sensitive egomaniacal fragility. And he can look in the mirror primarily for reasons we end up one and done again this year.

blueblood70

Reaction score

well first off, its why we brought in TY and still looking at OBJ, so you are correct there needs to be impovement..

I believe Gallup can get better, Washington just came off IR , and TY has yet to play,, we can get better and will IMHOP. not worst unless you are talking the NFCE only, have you looked at all 32 teams we are hardly that low as group even, maybe mid tier ..

Cowboyny

Reaction score
well first off, its why we brought in TY and still looking at OBJ, so you are correct there needs to be impovement..

I believe Gallup can get better, Washington just came off IR , and TY has yet to play,, we can get better and will IMHOP. not worst unless you are talking the NFCE only, have you looked at all 32 teams we are hardly that low as group even, maybe mid tier ..
My point was the NFC Playoff Teams, not the entire league. There are "hoping" a over 30 player who has been sitting on his couch can make an impact and a average receiver breaking out in Washington.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
WR group is probably the worst outside of the Giants?

And yet the Cowboys have one of the Top Scoring Offence in the NFL

Doesn't Hold any Water

WR group is probably the worst outside of the Giants?:facepalm:

And yet the Cowboys have one of the Top Scoring Offence in the NFL:dance:

Soooo.. Your Headline Doesn't Really Hold any Water..:laugh:
I don't care about running up the score against bad teams. Only good win in this stretch was against the Vikings who were playing a rookie at corner.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Isn’t it all Dak’s fault?

The WRs are fine the issue is Moore is a terrible OC.