WR - how do you rank this year's group?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Or if Beasley didn't regress and got open he would catch more. Dude can't score more then 5 TDs a season, not really sure why you and some others are so in love with an average at best receiver

You keep forgetting all of his 1st downs that contributed to those other TDs. (He led all our receivers in first downs in 2016 with 51)
And I'm not really sure why you have such hatred for the guy; You've said you don't hate Beasley but you're hanging on to your anti Beasley attack like a bulldog chewing on a steak. Sounds like an obsession to me.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You keep forgetting all of his 1st downs that contributed to those other TDs. (He led all our receivers in first downs in 2016 with 51)
And I'm not really sure why you have such hatred for the guy; You've said you don't hate Beasley but you're hanging on to your anti Beasley attack like a bulldog chewing on a steak. Sounds like an obsession to me.
No I'm just stating the facts because all I hear is how great Beasley is. You Beasley hype club have made it where Beasley is easily the most over rated player on the team, maybe even in the league. So you can continue to lie to yourself and hype up an over rated bum that isn't special but I'm done

Buzzbait

Reaction score
No I'm just stating the facts because all I hear is how great Beasley is. You Beasley hype club have made it where Beasley is easily the most over rated player on the team, maybe even in the league. So you can continue to lie to yourself and hype up an over rated bum that isn't special but I'm done

You keep greatly exaggerating the truth.....I never once called him "great", but he did do an excellent job for the Cowboys in 2016 and the stats speak for themselves, but you won't give him credit for anything! That team went 13-3 and Bease was a part of that success, and you are in denial.

You can rant about liars and over rated bums all you like but the 2016 stats are in the book and you can't erase them with your anti Beasley vendetta.
As for this year we'll have to wait and see what happens, but for 2016 at least some people were willing to give credit where credit was due, unlike you.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’ve got a bunch of #2 and #3 WRs. We’ll have to make do with them.

Switzer was a 6-catch #4. We won’t miss him.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Big question marks everywhere at WR on this team. I'm just hoping for several to step up and prove themselves.

Skillit

Reaction score
It's not all grim. We only need enough execution and threat to balance the run game and keep them from stacking the box. Williams should be an big improvement at LG, and the rest of the oline studs have yet to reach their peak years.

No Devin Streets. No Hannas, who we refuse to throw to. More speed (given that we didn't use Butler much). More separation and execution.

We likely go 3 WR as our base, keeping Beasley on the field. That's an improvement.

We won 3 games w/o Dez in 2016. Trade Butler for Hurns, Thompson, Austin, Gallup. Seems like an improvement.

It would feel better to have another #2 to go with Hurns. I'd be happy with 2 #2s and Beasley in the slot.

I can definitely see us picking up a cap casualty WR. One bright spot of our weak WR crew but otherwise potent offense is that we're a desirable location for a WR looking to get play time and exposure for 2019's contract.

Plenty of examples of teams without superstars on the outside doing well. I also think it bodes well for a quarterback because he won’t feel the pressure to put the ball in any particular person’s hands. He can do what he’s good at, find an open receiver deliver the ball safely, move the chains.

If our running game is back to form and our defense improves at all— We are playoff team.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You keep greatly exaggerating the truth.....I never once called him "great", but he did do an excellent job for the Cowboys in 2016 and the stats speak for themselves, but you won't give him credit for anything! That team went 13-3 and Bease was a part of that success, and you are in denial.

You can rant about liars and over rated bums all you like but the 2016 stats are in the book and you can't erase them with your anti Beasley vendetta.
As for this year we'll have to wait and see what happens, but for 2016 at least some people were willing to give credit where credit was due, unlike you.
It was two seasons ago, has nothing to do with the now. It's clear you didn't read my comments back then because you wouldn't make up another false statement about me giving guys credit. You keep going to 2016 season like it just happened and don't mention anything else. You take the entire body of work and even in 2016 he didn't put up elite numbers. But look like I said I'm done you can rant, piss and moan about whatever it is you want and keep living off the past about a average receiver that will get outplayed by a rookie this season

GreenMean69

Reaction score
imo without Dez I think its huge improvement. You dont need or want a true #1 anymore . Having a group of solid 2s /3s is much better , even more so when you have a solid run game. THe biggest hurt will be TE .... IMO Dallas would kill it running 2 TE sets ... but with WIt gone it will take a bit to get there

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Whatever we get out of these guys is better than keeping Dez and witten and hoping for a different result.

I think moving on from Dez was an absolute must. I would have liked Witten to stay one more year or at least have retired before the offseason and draft this year. This would have given us a better chance of addressing the TE position. I'm not sold on Rico being the next Antonio Gates like a large section of the Zone is.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It was two seasons ago, has nothing to do with the now. It's clear you didn't read my comments back then because you wouldn't make up another false statement about me giving guys credit. You keep going to 2016 season like it just happened and don't mention anything else. You take the entire body of work and even in 2016 he didn't put up elite numbers. But look like I said I'm done you can rant, piss and moan about whatever it is you want and keep living off the past about a average receiver that will get outplayed by a rookie this season

LOL You said you were done! You fibbed. I knew you couldn't stop hating Beasley long enough to actually be "done". :muttley: