WR Steve Smith (cut) would be interested in Dallas *signs with Ravens*

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
In one breath, we say let's go young, the next breath we say let's go old. Cute, I do like Smith though.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Some may want to call it snarky if it makes them feel better about the fact that they've been right in what they've said. As opposed to the eternal optimists repeatedly talking about that rainbow right around the corner that always seems to fade away just before you get to it.

But it's par for the course. If you don't like the news, shoot the messenger.

then you got people like me, who are not expecting a rainbow or preaching it.

but the snarky crap is older than jones himself.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Actually what Brain and I are referring to is that Alexander and Risen are no longer or at least haven't been posting their usual, "negative, realistic, etc." points of view, which while I might disagree in some cases, at least it adds to the discussion. They've been making nothing but snarky troll posts, lately, and we were just noting it.

Nothing about what you posted has anything to do with what Brain and I were talking about.

god i love ignore. i don't have to see the snark, or pull a fonzy and jump over it. :)

stiletto

Reaction score
I think a veteran receiver like him wouldn't be a bad idea...pretty dependable.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
On a serious note.

This is one of those things where one part of me would love the idea of having a player like Steve Smith on the team while the other part of me knows it is not really the best idea.

that's the catch 22 here. i do believe he could help for a year or two but that's it. i also think the guy can still play. if we could find a way to sign him great. but i'd not go out of my way to do it.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Well they are, so...

Being in the military and knowing no one from TX... I can tell u they are not... not truly... its like making up a nickname for yourself and expect ppl to start calling u it. So...

dfense

Reaction score
Hell I'd be all over this if I was Jerry! Besides the fact that he's a veteran, still-productive receiver..I think there's alot he could teach our young guys about playing this game, even Dez. Also helps that he's a vocal leader.

So a 49 year old Smith is ok to take snaps away from young promising receivers that they've invested draft picks in. And that will get Dallas over the top?

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
As nice as that would be, we really need help on the defense...offenses problem imho was due mostly to panicking...our defense is really where the attention of the Dallas Cowboys needs to be

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Being in the military and knowing no one from TX... I can tell u they are not... not truly... its like making up a nickname for yourself and expect ppl to start calling u it. So...

Not sure what being in the military has to do with anything. I don't know anyone from TX either and can say with certainty they are America's Team. Also, they didn't make up the name for themselves either.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well I don't think we know the other teams he wants. Some of those might be them. As to why he might want to come here, it's easy. Great QB, great supporting WR situation and getting to play for the most glamorous team in American sports. Need any more reasons?

yes, opportunity to win a championship. more money else where. he has made his money, so the main motivation might be championship. he won't get that with dallas at his age.. and there is a lot of other glamorous organizations in the NFL.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
BS, this is pretty much completely Romo's team and show. I doubt Romo would have any issue laying into Smith if he messed up.

Romo & Smith are ballers ... please.
I think Romo and Smith would get along *great*. Both players know what they're supposed to do, both are true competitors in every sense of the word, and both are tough, tough players. I also love the personality dynamic we'd have with Dez and Steve Smith. They'd be one of the toughest WR duos in the league in terms of their respective temperaments. And he's a guy who can play inside and out--especially out since we're losing that in Austin.

But he only makes sense on a farewell-tour type of contract. If we're bidding against another good franchise with a high degree of interest, it'd be tough to get a deal done within the framework we should be looking for.

I absolutely love the guy as a player, though.

Ditto on "both players know that they are supposed to do". And let me add they are both straight ballers (in there own way). I NEED Smith to teach Dez how to "Ice up Son" LOL!!! Our receiving corp would be unstoppable. Non of that hamstring mess.

lwehlers

Reaction score
i do not think that smith would fit with Bryant. smith is like Terrell owens he just cannot keep his mouth shut when things do not go his way. I think that smith would be a bad mentor to Bryant because dez is also a very out spoken player on the sideline. Bryant outburst are a positive sometimes as smith on the other hand are not most of the time.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
well of course he wants to come to Dallas, he knows Jerry's propensity for overpaying players