WR Update. Amari vs the Cowboys Wrs

blueblood70

Reaction score
so,

all the talk since game 1, coopers sorely missed, a catastrophic mistake etc etc can't remember all the headlines this past week after Thursday's game.

Lamb 17-191 1td
Brown 15 -213 1 td

Amari cooper 19- 219 2 tds

Gallup and Washington coming back will solidify this group with Dak back as well...

I'd say the overactions are just that. I don't see what the big deal is...

those making comps for daks salary vs rushes production, how about that comp for our WR group,

well, ACs making 22mil.... what's Brown and Lamb making together? add in Gallup(4.5mil) and Washington.

I say we got the better deal. wen fans lie me say let's wait until season end for comps, this is why. as time goes by game by game you will see the true impact of these moves.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do we want to add Ced wilson and Turners numbers??

I doubt the Coops support group and those mocking jerry will want to try and find those numbers; they will be tough to locate 5 pages deep in the stat pages.

Jipper

Reaction score
I’d take Coop over Lamb right now.

yup, cooper is playing better overal and doesn’t have the drops last night that ceedee did….but for the dollar savings lamb is a better value….so bad we didn’t spend those dollars on anyone to make the team better

blueblood70

Reaction score
first off not at 22MIL Miss the point much??..jeez the coop fans can't let it go, it was a business move and the smart move for sure. he was far overpriced for what he brought here..

sorry we DONT miss him, its the point we do not miss Ced or turner either.

stats, don't lie,.

we are as productive and still haven't got Gallup and Washington back,

the FO plan is working. Like it or now we do NOT Miss coop..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
so,

all the talk since game 1, coopers sorely missed, a catastrophic mistake etc etc can't remember all the headlines this past week after Thursday's game.

Lamb 17-191 1td
Brown 15 -213 1 td

Amari cooper 19- 219 2 tds

Gallup and Washington coming back will solidify this group with Dak back as well...

I'd say the overactions are just that. I don't see what the big deal is...

those making comps for daks salary vs rushes production, how about that comp for our WR group,

well, ACs making 22mil.... what's Brown and Lamb making together? add in Gallup(4.5mil) and Washington.

I say we got the better deal. wen fans lie me say let's wait until season end for comps, this is why. as time goes by game by game you will see the true impact of these moves.

Does anyone seriously think we could not have used Cooper in those first two games? The WR corps did a good job against the Giants. That's a good thing, but it doesn't mean we wouldn't still be better off with Cooper so far this season.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do we want to add Ced wilson and Turners numbers??

I doubt the Coops support group and those mocking jerry will want to try and find those numbers; they will be tough to locate 5 pages deep in the stat pages.

Agreed.

Wilson has been a non-entity.

nathanlt

Reaction score
yup, cooper is playing better overal and doesn’t have the drops last night that ceedee did….but for the dollar savings lamb is a better value….so bad we didn’t spend those dollars on anyone to make the team better

anthony barr?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Point was Lamb, Gallup, Brown, Washinton, and the group is a better overall group then losing many of them over Cops 22mil cap hit. it was the correct business decision.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score

Cooper’s contract wasn’t such an impediment. I just don’t think Jerry was ready to move on from Gallup. Mike is going to need a big season to make that decision look right.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
Right now, we could do with Cooper and would be a better team. Yes, I miss his presence.................most of the time anyway!

I do think it was the right move though, the cap hit was just too much for a player than plays 12 games a year and goes at 50% for others. I want a dog that will scrap and fight all day and Cooper wasn't that.

sorry but will never forgive him for taking himself out the 4th down a couple of years back with the season on the line........winners, REAL winners don't do that.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
first off not at 22MIL Miss the point much??..jeez the coop fans can't let it go, it was a business move and the smart move for sure. he was far overpriced for what he brought here..

sorry we DONT miss him, its the point we do not miss Ced or turner either.

stats, don't lie,.

we are as productive and still haven't got Gallup and Washington back,

the FO plan is working. Like it or now we do NOT Miss coop..

Sorry I don’t share your opinion. I know it’s hard for you.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cooper’s contract wasn’t such an impediment. I just don’t think Jerry was ready to move on from Gallup. Mike is going to need a big season to make that decision look right.
It was part of it

In fact, we don't miss one player that we moved on from and are better for it. we are getting production from the replacement., let it go , go root for coop and the browns but my point is valid. we do NOT MISS HIM

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had both.:mad: But seriously, these Coop discussions need to die down. I miss him too, but he ain't coming back. I enjoy Noah's development and can't wait to see something out of Tolbert. The young TEs are very promising. Schultz is the man, but Fergy and Hendy are awesome blockers with pretty decent hands - and they're athletic - imagine that after over a decade of our beloved statue Witten.:lmao2: We have a young developing offense, so good luck to Coop, but let's focus on what we have.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry I don’t share your opinion. I know it’s hard for you.
not hard when i know im 100% correct proof is facts. Copers 22mil would not have elevated us this year we are 2-0 our Wrs are as productive as the ones we cut and Gallup and Washington are coming back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Right now, we could do with Cooper and would be a better team. Yes, I miss his presence.................most of the time anyway!

I do think it was the right move though, the cap hit was just too much for a player than plays 12 games a year and goes at 50% for others. I want a dog that will scrap and fight all day and Cooper wasn't that.

sorry but will never forgive him for taking himself out the 4th down a couple of years back with the season on the line........winners, REAL winners don't do that.
Better then 2-1 WRONG our WR production is posted in factual stats, we do NOT MISS him or his cap hit.