WR's, who do you like

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm thinking the rookie running back it's going to be special teams threat over Austin. I think Austin is a casualty
*I'm thinking I'll be throwin' in with yer' Pollard over Austin view as well,pard! As it'd be pork barrelled 1960 government stupid to implement the denudation of our "in-depth" reserve trench line players forces,in order to carry "two" sub-primo specific gadget back scramblers,fixing to be in constant head-to-head competition for only a half- fistful of weekly plays put together
.:starspin:o_O:starspin:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
*I'm thinking I'll be throwin' in with yer' Pollard over Austin view as well,pard! As it'd be pork barrelled 1960 government stupid to implement the denudation of our "in-depth" reserve trench line players forces,in order to carry "two" sub-primo specific gadget back scramblers,fixing to be in constant head-to-head competition for only a half- fistful of weekly plays put together
.:starspin:o_O:starspin:
Yup

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Amari Cooper
2. Michael Gallup
3. Randall Cobb
4. Allen Hurns
5. Cedric Wilson
6. Tavon Austin

This is probably the group with the best odds, although Noah Brown is probably has pretty good odds as well But beyond the first 3 I don't see any as locks. Someone may well slide in and take at least one of these roster spots.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Here is an alphabetical list of our WR's currently on the rooster:

T Austin N Brown R Cobb A Cooper R Davis M Gallup
J Guyton A Hurns J Johnson L Lenoir D Smith C Wilson

I personally think this group has a chance to be really good. We seem to have all the WR "types" to have a dynamic offense. Speed, quickness, hands, size and route running. But there are some questions as to who makes the cut and who doesn't. I have my list but I'd love to hear what ya'll think.

How many do we keep?
Who makes the 53?
Who makes the 46?
Who makes the PS?
Who are your starting 5?
No idea really. Need to watch training camp and the pre-season games then we can make an educated guess.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
This is probably the group with the best odds, although Noah Brown is probably has pretty good odds as well But beyond the first 3 I don't see any as locks. Someone may well slide in and take at least one of these roster spots.
im rooting for Devin Smith. The guy has had bad luck with injuries. If he can stay on the field i think he could be a core guy. All the talent in the world.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
im rooting for Devin Smith. The guy has had bad luck with injuries. If he can stay on the field i think he could be a core guy. All the talent in the world.
It's unfortunate , but, on the surface of generalities, that bad luck with injuries indicates something that needs to be seriously considered when in the final list making decisions,,,ya,I know it sux.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm guessing 7 make the 53

Cooper
Gallup
Cobb
Austin
Hurns
Wilson
Johnson

Smith and Guyton to the practice squad
Its funny how people keep leaving Noah Brown off the roster. We our a running football team and he is by far the best blocker. He is good on special teams, young, and cheap. It makes no sense to keep Hurns over him.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Its funny how people keep leaving Noah Brown off the roster. We our a running football team and he is by far the best blocker. He is good on special teams, young, and cheap. It makes no sense to keep Hurns over him.
I like Brown but he can't stay healthy. Your best ability is availability. Not only that but Hurns is a better receiver and when Brown is in most likely we are running. Not sure where you have seen enough to say he is good on special teams. As far as we are a running football team....... Maybe, but you have no clue how Moore is going to run this offense. Maybe they aren't run dominate anymore and actually use a more balance offense.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I like Brown but he can't stay healthy. Your best ability is availability. Not only that but Hurns is a better receiver and when Brown is in most likely we are running. Not sure where you have seen enough to say he is good on special teams. As far as we are a running football team....... Maybe, but you have no clue how Moore is going to run this offense. Maybe they aren't run dominate anymore and actually use a more balance offense.
He had a hamstring injury in the preseason. Then he played the rest of the year. He is not Austin who gets injured every year. Hurns makes 6 million a year and at best he is our 4th best reciever. We have a salary cap. Unless one of the big three is injured, I don't see him making the team. You need cheap special teams players. Brown will make the team. I believe Austin and Hurns are at risk. Also let's not overrate undrafted free agents catching passes in shorts. Lance Lionor says hi.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have not heard anything about him from OTAS. We would have a track team if he can play.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He had a hamstring injury in the preseason. Then he played the rest of the year. He is not Austin who gets injured every year. Hurns makes 6 million a year and at best he is our 4th best reciever. We have a salary cap. Unless one of the big three is injured, I don't see him making the team. You need cheap special teams players. Brown will make the team. I believe Austin and Hurns are at risk. Also let's not overrate undrafted free agents catching passes in shorts. Lance Lionor says hi.
You're right it's very possible Austin and Hurns don't make the team. I was never a big fan of Lenior, from his fumbling to his incredibly dumb penalty with the late hit out of bounds.

I tell you what you can do, make your own list with Brown and whoever else you want and I will keep my list. Once the 53 comes out, than we can revisit this conversation. By the way things change in training camp and preseason games so you never know. I will most likely change my receivers as most people here will as well as time goes on.

Only 3 locks on this roster. Cooper, Gallup and Cobb. Wilson I think it's also safe, after those 4 any 2-3 can make this roster.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Let's start by narrowing this down. I'll guess we keep 6 wideouts.

-Roster locks: Coop, Gallup, Cobb.
-Almost certain to be cut: Devin Smith, Lenoir.

So that leaves 7 dudes and 3 spots.

The biggest thing deciding whether or not Tavon makes the cut is Tony Pollard, they are both competing for that same gadget role IMO. Pollard will make it as a #2 back even if he loses, his draft pedigree and our empty roster at tailback guarantees that. But we need to decide who is going to make it as the PR/KR/jet sweep guy. Austin brings some major explosiveness to the position, but has been a fumble machine throughout his career; I could see that battle going either way.

Noah Brown, I actually may be cut. Linehan used him pretty heavily last year, but Kellen Moore has no attachment to him. His H-back versatility does help his chances.

Hurns, it all comes down to health. He will need to be at top speed to justify his salary.

Guyton and Johnson are rookies, and Cedrick Wilson might as well be. They are all unknowns right now.

My guess is that we end up going Brown, Austin and Johnson behind our starting trio. Hurns will get cut, and Wilson/Guyton/Johnson will all fight it out for who makes the PS.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You're right it's very possible Austin and Hurns don't make the team. I was never a big fan of Lenior, from his fumbling to his incredibly dumb penalty with the late hit out of bounds.

I tell you what you can do, make your own list with Brown and whoever else you want and I will keep my list. Once the 53 comes out, than we can revisit this conversation. By the way things change in training camp and preseason games so you never know. I will most likely change my receivers as most people here will as well as time goes on.

Only 3 locks on this roster. Cooper, Gallup and Cobb. Wilson I think it's also safe, after those 4 any 2-3 can make this roster.
I agree with the three locks. As long as those guys stay healthy we will be ok. Looking forward to training camp.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Brown missed 1 game in 2017 due to injury.

He played 8 in 2018 plus the 2 playoff games.
The IR rules made it 8 games missed even if he was ready to return earlier.
It's hard to know yet if he is injury prone or just got injured.
He did have a knee scope this off-season but many players get those every year.​

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's start by narrowing this down. I'll guess we keep 6 wideouts.

-Roster locks: Coop, Gallup, Cobb.
-Almost certain to be cut: Devin Smith, Lenoir.

So that leaves 7 dudes and 3 spots.

The biggest thing deciding whether or not Tavon makes the cut is Tony Pollard, they are both competing for that same gadget role IMO. Pollard will make it as a #2 back even if he loses, his draft pedigree and our empty roster at tailback guarantees that. But we need to decide who is going to make it as the PR/KR/jet sweep guy. Austin brings some major explosiveness to the position, but has been a fumble machine throughout his career; I could see that battle going either way.

Noah Brown, I actually may be cut. Linehan used him pretty heavily last year, but Kellen Moore has no attachment to him. His H-back versatility does help his chances.

Hurns, it all comes down to health. He will need to be at top speed to justify his salary.

Guyton and Johnson are rookies, and Cedrick Wilson might as well be. They are all unknowns right now.

My guess is that we end up going Brown, Austin and Johnson behind our starting trio. Hurns will get cut, and Wilson/Guyton/Johnson will all fight it out for who makes the PS.

Many local media think that Kellen Moore called the plays in the "meaningless" final game of 2018.

They started Brown in that game and he motioned more than normal in the snaps that he played in that game.

Austin is the Punt Returner until somebody else proves they can do it effectively.
Pollard returned Kicks in college but was not the Punt Returner.​

Valkyr

Reaction score
Hurns might have the biggest outlier career this side of Mike Furrey.

He had a 1k, 10 TD season, and did nothing of note really before or since.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Hurns might have the biggest outlier career this side of Mike Furrey.

He had a 1k, 10 TD season, and did nothing of note really before or since.

Mike Furrey, now that makes me feel old.

I looked it up and his big blowup season was 2006 - my first thought was "that's not too long ago"... then I realized that's 13 years.

Many local media think that Kellen Moore called the plays in the "meaningless" final game of 2018.

They started Brown in that game and he motioned more than normal in the snaps that he played in that game.

Austin is the Punt Returner until somebody else proves they can do it effectively.
Pollard returned Kicks in college but was not the Punt Returner.​

I had never heard that Moore called that game. Interesting.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Mike Furrey, now that makes me feel old.

I looked it up and his big blowup season was 2006 - my first thought was "that's not too long ago"... then I realized that's 13 years.

Yeah, the only reason I remembered his name is the game against us in 2006 where Jon Kitna threw for 300 yards and 4 TDs

dallas-cowboys-cornerback-terence-newman-watches-as-detroit-lions-picture-id112963815