WR's, who do you like

Mr_437

Reaction score
WR1 Coop
WR2 Gallup
WR3 Cobb

Wilson - think he has to beat out Hurns as the well-rounded, multi-position WR...53!

Brown - #85 position was first held by Vince Mayle, DAL liked having this type of blocking WR so much they drafted NB. Does KM like that skill set in his offense tho?...53!

Johnson - has the speed...what else?...53!

Hurns - good of the Cowboys to bring him back, but I think he gets snubbed...Released!

Austin - value as PR'er is critical for him, some other WRs could help their cause by showing some return ability...Trade!

Davis - fast...but what else? ...PS!

Guyton - big, fast...can run a comeback, interesting to how he develops...PS!

Lenoir - too many WRs, has to show tf out in camp...Released!

Smith - deep threat, fragile?...Released!

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Brown has value.
  • Defenses play Nickel with him in the game as one of 3 WRs; whereas, defenses play base if a 2nd TE is used instead of Brown.
  • Brown crushes Strong Safeties when blocking and wins a fair share of blocks against LBs.
  • The Rams would probably sign Brown if cut because they use their WRs extensively as blockers.

Defenses should be playing Brown like a teeny tiny blocking TE, because that's what he is. You don't need a DB to cover him. Stay in the base and make him block LBs until he shows he can run a route and catch a pass.

If I can figure this out, I'm sure DCs can.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
WR1 Coop
WR2 Gallup
WR3 Cobb

Wilson - think he has to beat out Hurns as the well-rounded, multi-position WR...53!

Brown - #85 position was first held by Vince Mayle, DAL liked having this type of blocking WR so much they drafted NB. Does KM like that skill set in his offense tho?...53!

Johnson - has the speed...what else?...53!

Hurns - good of the Cowboys to bring him back, but I think he gets snubbed...Released!

Austin - value as PR'er is critical for him, some other WRs could help their cause by showing some return ability...Trade!

Smith - deep threat, fragile?...Released!

Wilson/Hurns - doubtful that Wilson can beat out Hurns if Hurns is really healthy.

Austin is a nice fit for a multiple run threat base. Pollard too. Dak/Zeke/Olawale/Pollard/Austin/Cooper gives you 5 simultaneous run threats and 5 receiving threats. Austin as a dual threat is more valuable to us than most any team, though I think you're right that he should have some trade value. Not much, but some.

The blocking 3rd receiver should be Jarwin. "Cowboy" in college - HB/FB/TE/WR. He gives KM much more to work with than Brown. Same for Pollard, Austin, and Olawale.

Smith is a high second rounder and a credible deep threat wide. Better speed than Gallup. If he stinks we can cut him, but he has much better credentials to be our speed threat wide than an UDFA rookie.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Cooper, Gallup and Cobb. Then likey Wilson. After that it’s mix and match. They all have a chance. Hurns has to come back from that injury completely and Brown has to make a step up from last year. It opens the door for a bunch of young talent.

See who Dak gets a connection with. It has to be exciting for these young kids knowing they have a real shot at making the 53. Some teams are pretty much set and it would take a miracle to get playing time.

I'm another who is partial to Wilson as our #4 WR with the ability to do justice to that spot.

Evidently, there are several others who could easily provide some pleasant surprises, too.

starfan1

Reaction score
Held on to him this long? He was only drafted last year. Was on IR and didn’t count against the 53.
Ya I already responded for some reason I was thinking he was drafted 2 years ago my bad

Mr_437

Reaction score
Wilson/Hurns - doubtful that Wilson can beat out Hurns if Hurns is really healthy.

Austin is a nice fit for a multiple run threat base. Pollard too. Dak/Zeke/Olawale/Pollard/Austin/Cooper gives you 5 simultaneous run threats and 5 receiving threats. Austin as a dual threat is more valuable to us than most any team, though I think you're right that he should have some trade value. Not much, but some.

The blocking 3rd receiver should be Jarwin. "Cowboy" in college - HB/FB/TE/WR. He gives KM much more to work with than Brown. Same for Pollard, Austin, and Olawale.

Smith is a high second rounder and a credible deep threat wide. Better speed than Gallup. If he stinks we can cut him, but he has much better credentials to be our speed threat wide than an UDFA rookie.
That's your opinion...cool.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That Austin has been a nobody in this league for years?????

No, that sometimes people speak up when they clearly don't know what they're talking about, like this guy:

What you talking about? I look and I see 8 recs for 55 yards. Austin is a scrub, he didn't do jack with the Rams either. Dude is just a bust unless they trying to run gadget plays.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Here is an alphabetical list of our WR's currently on the rooster:

T Austin N Brown R Cobb A Cooper R Davis M Gallup
J Guyton A Hurns J Johnson L Lenoir D Smith C Wilson

I personally think this group has a chance to be really good. We seem to have all the WR "types" to have a dynamic offense. Speed, quickness, hands, size and route running. But there are some questions as to who makes the cut and who doesn't. I have my list but I'd love to hear what ya'll think.

How many do we keep?
Who makes the 53?
Who makes the 46?
Who makes the PS?
Who are your starting 5?
Don't care for Brown or Hurns, although I feel like Hurns would put up 1000 with #9 and maybe change my opinion.

-Lenoir stays until I see something I don't like
-Guys like Davis, Guyton, Johnson, Smith, Wilson will need to show something. All this talk about Cobb and not a peep on anyone else. I'm willing to bet though if those guys show any promise they take Cobbs job. Austin is safe due to flexibility although I had guessed he would've been cut going into the 2019 season, and he's still here...

Beaker42

Reaction score
Here is an alphabetical list of our WR's currently on the rooster:

T Austin N Brown R Cobb A Cooper R Davis M Gallup
J Guyton A Hurns J Johnson L Lenoir D Smith C Wilson

I personally think this group has a chance to be really good. We seem to have all the WR "types" to have a dynamic offense. Speed, quickness, hands, size and route running. But there are some questions as to who makes the cut and who doesn't. I have my list but I'd love to hear what ya'll think.

How many do we keep?
Who makes the 53?
Who makes the 46?
Who makes the PS?
Who are your starting 5?
Coop, Gallup, Cobb, Davis, Smith, Wilson, and Johnson with Guyton to PS. I think they like Johnson’s speed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay what has the guy done? Beasly and Gallup has done more than this guy.

I understand your trepidation, believe me. I was just pointing out that when Austin did get opportunities for the Cowboys last year, he was productive. No doubt we need to see more of it, but over 17 yards a reception and a TD every four catches is encouraging. I'd like to have more big-play potential in this offense.

Them

Reaction score
WR's, who do you like ...!? If your talkin' Cowboys then

I'll go with the Dastardly Trio... Coop...Cobb...and Gallop!...there may be some other surprises on the team as well!...
C9WJyOg.jpg