WVU, how good are they?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jterrell;4760810 said:
They are much like the good Tech teams.

UT isn't stopping Geno Smith but they can certainly control the clock and run. The issue will be does UT make mistakes or not with their young skill position players. Any mistake becomes a quick 7 for WVU.

I don't like the match up at all for Texas. Next year is the year for UT. They had to sort through some busted recruiting and get in some better coaching. Tons of talent they are young.

Texas will pick him off at least 2 time in that game. I think Smith and WVU are very good I also think Texas CB can make plays

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
jterrell;4760810 said:
They are much like the good Tech teams.

UT isn't stopping Geno Smith but they can certainly control the clock and run. The issue will be does UT make mistakes or not with their young skill position players. Any mistake becomes a quick 7 for WVU.

I don't like the match up at all for Texas. Next year is the year for UT. They had to sort through some busted recruiting and get in some better coaching. Tons of talent they are young.

If Texas can tackle, they can have a great shot to win this ball game I think. This is not to say that Texas will win. I think they can but I do agree. They can't have a lot of drops they can sometimes be famous for of late. Ash has to have a solid game and they have to run the football effectively. I think they can do that. Between Bergeron, Monroe, Gray and Brown who should be back for the WV game, Texas really should be able to run the ball. That helps Texas a lot because if the Texas Secondary has to spend the day tackling, forgetaboutit.

MC KAos

Reaction score
im just here to say....

"with the _____ pick of the 2013 draft, the dallas cowboys select, GENO SMITH, Quarterback, West Virginia"

my dream right now...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MC KAos;4769468 said:
im just here to say....

"with the _____ pick of the 2013 draft, the dallas cowboys select, GENO SMITH, Quarterback, West Virginia"

my dream right now...

Maybe you should focus on some of the Olinemen that protect Geno and give him a pretty good amount of time to scan the field. I have noticed he seems to get a good deal of time to scan the field and pick the best option.

Now with that said, let's see how that line, and Geno, does against a team with a better D line and pass rushing ends.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4769501 said:
Maybe you should focus on some of the Olinemen that protect Geno and give him a pretty good amount of time to scan the field. I have noticed he seems to get a good deal of time to scan the field and pick the best option.

Now with that said, let's see how that line, and Geno, does against a team with a better D line and pass rushing ends.

Would rather be watching that game from a beach in Cabo BP.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4769501 said:

And corners that get up in your grill every play.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY;4769641 said:
Would rather be watching that game from a beach in Cabo BP.

Get me back to Iggies Beach bar in St Thomas USVI and I will be a Happy Camper.:D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
MC KAos;4769468 said:
im just here to say....

my dream right now...

if we pick high enough to draft geno we will draft him. he'll go top 5 for sure.
but there will be an insane river of tears between now and then if that occurs.

the rg3/geno comparisons are apt and fair.
how funny would it be for the texas kid to play in DC and Geno (from Miami but still played at WVU) to play in Texas for their pro careers?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I am honestly so sick, disappointed, and embarassed at the whole mess going on down in Dallas right now that I hope Geno doesn't get picked by the Cowboys.

He doesn't deserve that.

No O-line to protect him, and nobody in management that sees that as a problem worth correcting.

WR's that either can't stay on the field, or don't know where to go if they are on the field.

Media scrutiny on Dallas QB's right now is unbearable. Everything Romo does on and off of the field is under a microscope.

I hope Geno goes somewhere that realizes the importance of O-line and running game as it pertains to the success of your QB.

And where they have a strong front office, with direction.