WVU, how good are they?

Aikbach

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4758025 said:
If Texas can't beat WVU next weeked I don't see anyone beating them. Everyone else is either garbage, has a terrible defense or has to go to Morgantown.
Big 12 is slugfest this year, Kansas the only team that doesn't have a shot to be BCS ranked at season's end.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Aikbach;4758028 said:
Big 12 is slugfest this year, Kansas the only team that doesn't have a shot to be BCS ranked at season's end.

Tech and ISU will be lucky to make a bowl, TCU has struggled against bad teams and will probably lose 4-5 games and Oklahoma States defense is every bit as bad as Baylor's. Kansas State is always one play away from winning or losing any game and Oklahoma is INCREDIBLY underwhelming.

Outside of Texas, I just don't see those teams stopping WVU. And I'm not sure Texas' defense is good enough to make up the gap between the two offenses.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I wonder how many future NFL wideouts were in this game, Bailey, Austin, Williams and reese all have the chops.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Aikbach;4758028 said:
It looks like a wild year in th Big 12.

I'm not sure yet whether that means a lot of okay teams or something better.
Six ranked teams though....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4758035 said:
Tech and ISU will be lucky to make a bowl, TCU has struggled against bad teams and will probably lose 4-5 games

lol, wut? They had some self inflicted turnover issues in "a" game this season. You are so angry about your Big 12 departure. Face it, A&M made a HUGE mistake and will forever be pond scum in the SEC.

The Big 12 is flourishing right now with six top 25 teams and you're pissed A&M is an unranked SEC bottom feeder.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Gotta say, WVU showed that they aren't title contenders this year. To win it all, you have to have some form of defense. That should have been a fun game to watch though.

Aikbach

Reaction score
It is my estimation K State, WVU, OU, Texas and Baylor are in a five way race for the conference, it will be a complex who knocks who off tie breaker.

I can see all five programs garnering at least 9 wins.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
trickblue;4757958 said:
Both of the defenses look awful, but you have to remember they are both playing against very high powered offenses... and both offenses are in their groove...

This, .. plus both defenses got gassed and never recovered.

Don't forget Baylor put up 67 in their bowl game last year, .. setting a bowl record.

And then just a few day later, WV put 70 up on Clemson breaking Baylors record.

I have to agree that both defenses looked bad today, but I was soooo impressed with both offenses. Impressed with both QB's, and with both teams playcalling. Both teams had great athletes receiving the ball. Both offenses were clicking.

Only Baylor's TD at the half made me sick. That should never happen. For a while in the 2nd half I thought that was going to come back and bite us.

I was surprised that Baylor did not kick the onsides kick there at the end.

Aikbach

Reaction score
jobberone;4758253 said:
Only saw a little bit but where's the D?
Well, it was either the two worst defenses in the country or the two most potent offenses.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Aikbach;4758255 said:
Well, it was either the two worst defenses in the country or the two most potent offenses.

That's what I was thinking. Might be both.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Holgerson said in his post-game that "it just became the perfecet storm offensively for both teams."

He said "it won't be this way for either team every game."

"Neither team will score that much every game and neither team will give up that many points every game. That's just the way that it turned out today."

He was relieved to win.

RS12

Reaction score
windward;4758223 said:
I have a feeling Geno will be a top 5 pick next year.

I agree but McShay was on ESPN yesterday questioning his accuracy and ability to make NFL throws. The guy is completing 80% of his passes, and I know somebody desperate to sell tickets next year will roll the bones on him in the top 5.

Aikbach

Reaction score
RS12;4758273 said:
I agree but McShay was on ESPN yesterday questioning his accuracy and ability to make NFL throws. The guy is completing 80% of his passes, and I know somebody desperate to sell tickets next year will roll the bones on him in the top 5.
If he produces a winning record in the big 12 he'll make the case.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
RS12;4758273 said:

I don't really know enough about McShay to comment on him, but this is really a dumb statement.

If nothing, he is accurate.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Just texted w/an exec, told me he think Geno Smith "has a chance" to be the 1st pick in April, noted it's also bc of his strong junior year.

Dez Bryant ‏@DezBryant

Think we already have our Heisman winner for this year.... "Geno Smith" lol

Mike Wallace ‏@Wallace17_daKid

Geno Smith Da Truth!!

LeBron James ‏@KingJames

Man Geno Smith is RIDICULOUS out there man!!! 38-43 577yrs with 7TD's. And there is still 10 mins left. Smh!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;4758216 said:
I was surprised that Baylor did not kick the onsides kick there at the end.

I would have. They had a better chance betting on funny bounce of the ball over their defense making a stop.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I think Texas will beat WVU next week. WVU isn't a big running team and that's been Texas' weakness on defense.