WWE Draft.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3940197 said:
I agree with you on Austin. And yeah he had a lot more miles on him by the time he got to WWE but he came up in a very different time. There was still more areas to go, and learn, when Steve came up then there have been for Cena.

But I wasn't comparing them on basis of overall. Steve is the most popular superstar of all time and it would be stupid to try and compare Cena to him in that way. I'm just talking about in how he's packaged and the way it works with what he's allowed to do wrestling wise in the ring is all.

Yeah. He was doing the Prototype thing before he came to OVW though. SOmewhere out in Cali, if I recall correctly. It's what got him noticed by going with the 50% man 50% machine, the prototype for the perfect athlete gimmick.

He did a pretty darn good job with it, IMO. Thats why I always remembered him even before he went to OVW and then came to WWE.

Its a funny name but he did a really solid job with it. Much more, IMO, than a lot of guys have done with much better names.

Yeah it's a shame he doesn't have Cena out there calling people a son of a *****, an *******, a piece of ****, a ******* and all that stuff, at random, just to be doing it.

What a shame.

Again that's how he's packaged cause thats what is selling for them. Its got him over, he draw money for them, they make money with it, so I don't see why anyone would bag on Cena, or Vince, for doing what makes money and sells.

Anybody can see there is a massive difference between Austin and Cena..in the ring and out. I don't consider Austin the most popular superstar of all time but to each his own. That is totally subjective.

I've been to WWE shows/PPV's where Cena is there. You'd be surprised how many people boo when he comes out. Lots of people are like me and don't like the guy for whatever reason. I can't put my finger on why I don't like him but I never have and guess never will. I wouldn't miss him at all if he quit tomorrow..Edge I do miss.

I don't blame him or Vince either in any way for making money with his "every man" gimmick. I mean it works...my nephews are young kids and make my sister buy everything Cena..armbands, Tshirts, videos. It's all about the green stuff and he makes plenty for WWE. I totally get that. They'd be stupid not to continue with something that is obviously working. I don't get him at all or his appeal but that's my problem..not theirs.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3941904 said:
Yeah I've been to some live shows. I know he's hated by folks as well as loved. :)

I was kind of surprised to be honest..the lady sitting next to me was mad. She said she meet John somewhere and he was so nice..she couldn't imagine anybody booing him. I told her well I meet Kane/Glenn once and he's a really nice guy too. I'm sure he's a nice person. I didn't boo but I wouldn't buy a ticket to see him. I think looking back the reason I don't like him is that dumb rapper stuff he use to do..

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3941904 said:
Yeah I've been to some live shows. I know he's hated by folks as well as loved. :)

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/lolcena.gif

Ren

Reaction score
My main issue with Cena who i am sure is a great person is once you've seen one of his matches you've seen them all, he has about 5 moves that he does in the same order over and over again. His persona is boring and his matches are boring yet he main events every PPV.

The only other WWE performer i have that kind of dislike for is Mysterio for much of the same reasons i don't mind his image but his matches are reruns at this point.

Both these guys put on terrible matches IMO, there's no excitement to be had when you know exactly what's going to happen every time they set foot in the ring

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
I think he makes so much money at this point that Cena doesn't really care if people like him or not.

They are going to have to have him do a heel turn at some point or that will be one boring WM main event with Rock. They need to write SOMETHING different for him.

Ren

Reaction score
They already have the perfect set up all the kids and soccer moms love Cena everyone else loves the Rock. The only problem i have with it is if they let Cena walk into that match with a belt cause it would make it even more obvious then it already is who the winner is going to be. They're not going to hand the belt over to someone who doesn't work full time for them.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Ren;3942264 said:
They already have the perfect set up all the kids and soccer moms love Cena everyone else loves the Rock. The only problem i have with it is if they let Cena walk into that match with a belt cause it would make it even more obvious then it already is who the winner is going to be. They're not going to hand the belt over to someone who doesn't work full time for them.

Well I'm not a soccer mom but I am female and there is no way I'd not cheer for Rock in that match...I doubt Cena will have the belt then. It's almost a year away. There will be tons of stuff different by then. I just think they need to turn Cena heel..

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Id be shocked if Cena was still Champion by the time WM got here again. Unless he loses it and wins it back right before or something. I mean were talking something like 10 and half or 11 months from now? THe longest reign a world champion has had in WWE, in forever, was JBL and I think his was like 7 or 8 months. You're talking another 3 months on top of that, basically, for Cena?

Nah. Just don't see it.