WWE Draft.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3938142 said:
Who knows how long she'll actually stay inactive, but for now she's gone. It doesn't sound like its a vacation, it sounds like she just wanted out. Now that Taker is winding up his career, they probably want to start focusing on having a family.

Mark has 2 small daughters with his last wife..plus a grown son. Michelle has not been married before and may want a child of her own..who knows? They can certainly afford it. She has injury issues as well. She may just want some long time off.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
tupperware;3937347 said:
People still watch WWE? Bleh, to each his own. I'll stick with MMA :)

I watch MMA as well. :)

RoyTheHammer;3937433 said:
Former WWE employees have a clause in their contract stating they can't appear for a competing brand for awhile, so McCool won't be going to TNA. Plus she's Taker's wife, so she probably just wants to leave to make babies with him haha.

But she won't be Angle's mistress.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure on that.

In fact I had no idea that she was married to Taker but that's not surprising as I don't keep up with any of these peoples personal lives. lol

Appreciate the info.

RoyTheHammer;3937438 said:
Lets hope not.. he's still a midcarder at best. Cena's only slightly better than him imo, and Morrison and Truth shouldn't be within 500 miles of a heavyweight title shot.

I agree with Truth totally, I agree with Morrison when it comes to mic skills (though I do think he's a fantastic wrestler), but I can't agree with you on Miz.

I know he's not amazing, or anything of that nature, but I do find him entertaining and I hope he gets another run.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3937438 said:
Lets hope not.. he's still a midcarder at best. Cena's only slightly better than him imo, and Morrison and Truth shouldn't be within 500 miles of a heavyweight title shot.

Miz 100% agreed.

Cena, disagreed. He's a prototypical WWE character, built from the same mold that Steve Austin, The Rock, Undertaker, Hulk Hogan and Macho Man where. Over the top characters.

John Morrison- He would be the face of the company if it was my decision. So, completely disagreed.

Truth- He's getting over as a heel, and showing what heel heat is, not boo's generated by boredom such as ADR.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I really like how Cody Rhodes is doing with an awful "TNA like" gimmick.

He and Rey stole the show last night.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;3938496 said:
Miz 100% agreed.

Cena, disagreed. He's a prototypical WWE character, built from the same mold that Steve Austin, The Rock, Undertaker, Hulk Hogan and Macho Man where. Over the top characters.

John Morrison- He would be the face of the company if it was my decision. So, completely disagreed.

Truth- He's getting over as a heel, and showing what heel heat is, not boo's generated by boredom such as ADR.

So, you'd like a more "realistic" wrestling character on WWE?

Bro, people have to be entertained to watch. If you think the majority of viewers tune in for the actual "wrestling", you're wrong bud.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3938496 said:
Miz 100% agreed.

Interesting...I don't see a thing over the top about Cena. I mean he wrestles in shorts and Nikes...he's marketed as the guy next door. The guy you can go have a beer with. Certainly nothing Taker like or Macho Man or Hogan about him and his character at all. Interesting take on that one.

I like Truth as a heel. The vignette he did the other night on whatever show he's on (I forgot!) where he came out to the stage and just talked was actually pretty good. Better than I thought he'd be anyway.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3938739 said:
Interesting...I don't see a thing over the top about Cena. I mean he wrestles in shorts and Nikes...he's marketed as the guy next door. The guy you can go have a beer with. Certainly nothing Taker like or Macho Man or Hogan about him and his character at all. Interesting take on that one.

I like Truth as a heel. The vignette he did the other night on whatever show he's on (I forgot!) where he came out to the stage and just talked was actually pretty good. Better than I thought he'd be anyway.
Cena acts like Supeman

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;3938732 said:
So, you'd like a more "realistic" wrestling character on WWE?

Bro, people have to be entertained to watch. If you think the majority of viewers tune in for the actual "wrestling", you're wrong bud.

I like a mix. For every Cena there should be a Shawn Michaels, for every Undertaker there should be a Chris Jericho.

Realistic characters can draw more of an emotional attachment, and create lifelong fans. Casual fans are more likely to say I can't wait to see John Cena this weekend, or Hulk Hogan. Lifelong wrestling fans would rather see Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Jericho and performers of that elk.

You need both.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3938771 said:
Cena acts like Supeman

Cena is booked like Superman. He doesn't act like it.

And for the record, if they'd take the stupid cuffs off him (metaphorically speaking here), the guy can actually wrestle pretty good. I saw him long before he went to the WWE and the guy does have plenty of ability to put out solid matches.

It's just that, much like with Austin before him, the gimmick that has him super over with the fans doesn't require, need, or have use for a bunch of clinical wrestling skill.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3938771 said:
Cena acts like Supeman

They market him like the guy next door...the guy you'd have a beer with...there is nothing character driven about his wrestling. He doesn't have a role to play like Taker or Kane but they are getting away from those type of wrestlers anyway.

I don't find him or his wrestling appealing in any way. I FF over probably 99% of the stuff he's on unless he's opposite somebody I like.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3938817 said:
Cena is booked like Superman. He doesn't act like it.

And for the record, if they'd take the stupid cuffs off him (metaphorically speaking here), the guy can actually wrestle pretty good. I saw him long before he went to the WWE and the guy does have plenty of ability to put out solid matches.

It's just that, much like with Austin before him, the gimmick that has him super over with the fans doesn't require, need, or have use for a bunch of clinical wrestling skill.

You're right about the comparison between Austin and Cena..Steve put in alot of hard time working his way up to the WWE though and while I honestly don't know where Cena came from before WWE I think Steve had alot more miles on him when he got there.

And Steve is much more bad *** than Cena..even marketed that way and he is that in real life as well.

I've tried but just can't make myself like Cena..I don't miss him when he's gone and he just annoys me when he's there. I don't know why.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
zrinkill;3938504 said:
I really like how Cody Rhodes is doing with an awful "TNA like" gimmick.

He and Rey stole the show last night.

I'm telling ya, Cody should be in a program for the WHC sometime this year.

The guy's great IMO.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cena used to wrestle for OVW (Ohio Valley Wrestling) under the name Prototype.....Batista was there too, under the name Leviathan.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Biggems;3938896 said:
Cena used to wrestle for OVW (Ohio Valley Wrestling) under the name Prototype.....Batista was there too, under the name Leviathan.

Prototype. That name made me LOL. Sounds like some guy's name in a Power Rangers movie...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3938912 said:
Prototype. That name made me LOL. Sounds like some guy's name in a Power Rangers movie...

It fits, he is the prototype for what vince wants in a "entertainer".

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3938994 said:

That's one of the dumbest wrestling names I've ever heard...

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3938845 said:
And Steve is much more bad *** than Cena..even marketed that way and he is that in real life as well.

I've tried but just can't make myself like Cena..I don't miss him when he's gone and he just annoys me when he's there. I don't know why.

Bingo. Agreed, both have worked hard for the company, and not to steal a line from my favorite wrestler of all time, but Austin is just simply much much more of a bad *** than Cena will ever be.. and that's the bottom line.

Cena has no mic skills and is a fruit. For as big as he is, he doesn't act intimidating at all, he acts like a little kid.. which is very convenient because that's WWE's new target fan base. Little kids.. and moms.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3938845 said:
You're right about the comparison between Austin and Cena..Steve put in alot of hard time working his way up to the WWE though and while I honestly don't know where Cena came from before WWE I think Steve had alot more miles on him when he got there.

I agree with you on Austin. And yeah he had a lot more miles on him by the time he got to WWE but he came up in a very different time. There was still more areas to go, and learn, when Steve came up then there have been for Cena.

But I wasn't comparing them on basis of overall. Steve is the most popular superstar of all time and it would be stupid to try and compare Cena to him in that way. I'm just talking about in how he's packaged and the way it works with what he's allowed to do wrestling wise in the ring is all.

Biggems;3938896 said:

Yeah. He was doing the Prototype thing before he came to OVW though. SOmewhere out in Cali, if I recall correctly. It's what got him noticed by going with the 50% man 50% machine, the prototype for the perfect athlete gimmick.

He did a pretty darn good job with it, IMO. Thats why I always remembered him even before he went to OVW and then came to WWE.

DallasGirl50;3938912 said:

Its a funny name but he did a really solid job with it. Much more, IMO, than a lot of guys have done with much better names.

Romo 2 Austin;3938994 said:

Yeah it's a shame he doesn't have Cena out there calling people a son of a *****, an *******, a piece of ****, a ******* and all that stuff, at random, just to be doing it.

What a shame.

RoyTheHammer;3939150 said:
Bingo. Agreed, both have worked hard for the company, and not to steal a line from my favorite wrestler of all time, but Austin is just simply much much more of a bad *** than Cena will ever be.. and that's the bottom line.

Cena has no mic skills and is a fruit. For as big as he is, he doesn't act intimidating at all, he acts like a little kid.. which is very convenient because that's WWE's new target fan base. Little kids.. and moms.

Again that's how he's packaged cause thats what is selling for them. Its got him over, he draw money for them, they make money with it, so I don't see why anyone would bag on Cena, or Vince, for doing what makes money and sells.