WWE Raw & SD score historically low ratings.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
zrinkill;3990537 said:
Pot meet Kettle

Go back to your new forum.

Nah.. actually i give props where they are due. Its called being objective.. something you'd know little about.

There's things every wrestling company does well, and doesn't do well. Lately, most companies do very few things well.. and that's the problem.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
zrinkill;3990539 said:
He really is taking his game too another level.

He's really not.. its amazing what people are capable of when they are allowed to say certain things though, isn't it?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
zrinkill;3990551 said:
So you are just here to argue?

Let me save you the time ........ ***** *****

Cool stars bro.

Is this still a message board? Oh so we can discuss the topic then.

Punk has always been great on the mic.. he's not stepping his game up, his game has always been at a top level. The only differenced is the leeway he's being given by the creative dept now. He can say and do things he wasn't previously allowed to do.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Punk's been doing what he always has done, he's just saying the truth about the sad pathetic state the DUBBLE DUBBLE E is in, and it's getting over huge, since it's all facts.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3990553 said:
he's not stepping his game up

He built an interest outside of WWE control using twitter and his personal website.

Vince noticed this and is trying to capitalize on it.

That is stepping up your game ....... Vince respects that.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
zrinkill;3990562 said:
He built an interest outside of WWE control using twitter and his personal website.

Vince noticed this and is trying to capitalize on it.

That is stepping up your game ....... Vince respects that.

lol

Punk could have been doing that for years if they would have given him more leeway with what he was allowed to do and say.

All his interest he's built up has been pretty much from that one episode of RAW to the present.. when they gave him the leeway to cut that sick promo.

Case in point.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3990566 said:
All his interest he's built up has been pretty much from that one episode of RAW to the present.. when they gave him the leeway to cut that sick promo.

You are not giving Punk enough credit here.

He has been working on this for months ...... it has been a thing of beauty.

You think they just out of the blue told him to speak "his mind" last 2 weeks ago?

please .....

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
zrinkill;3990547 said:
:rolleyes:

Wanna compare good things said about both companies?

Yes, actually. I've stated numerous good things about TNA, which im sure you won't debate.

As for the WWE, i've stated my interest in their production value being vastly superior, the in ring talents that i enjoy that are up and coming, including Zig, Sheamus, McIntyre, and Swagger. The old school guys that are still there that are my favorites of all time HHH and Stone Cold (when they are on). Guys like Punk, even said Del Rio has grown on me a little.

However, the WWE still does alot of things badly right now. Repetition being the biggest problem. The creative dept is severly lacking, and it probably has alot to do with the amount of freedom they have in coming up with logical wrestling fueds.. because they have to stay PG and avoid any mention of wrestling or sports. Some of that is just silly. For the past month or two, smackdown has been a repeat of itself over and over again. Same matches, same order, same results for the most part.. with the main event usually changing slightly, but including the same cast of characters.

There are clearly problems with both companies right now, but as with both shows i DVR and skim through to the parts that are watchable.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
zrinkill;3990572 said:
You are not giving Punk enough credit here.

He has been working on this for months ...... it has been a thing of beauty.

You think they just out of the blue told him to speak "his mind" last 2 weeks ago?

please .....

Have you heard him, or anyone, cut a promo like this in the past few years?

Of course not.. people have had a very short leash.. if you even listened to Punk's promo you should already know this.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3990557 said:
Punk's been doing what he always has done, he's just saying the truth about the sad pathetic state the DUBBLE DUBBLE E is in, and it's getting over huge, since it's all facts.

Get your head out of the sand...they knew what he was going to say..that is scripted & rehearsed for the most part. He is probably one of the best at improvising..shades of Rock...but that was planned...Lordy!

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3990597 said:
Get your head out of the sand...they knew what he was going to say..that is scripted & rehearsed for the most part. He is probably one of the best at improvising..shades of Rock...but that was planned...Lordy!

I didn't say it wasn't planned? Once I wokeup the day after I admitted it was a work. I was just so excited that WWE would actually be heading in an entertaining direction for once I assumed it had to be a work.

He has been given the freedom to state facts, and it's getting over huge. That's what I said.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
You make me laugh R2A...perhaps what should be said is that Punk is a consumate actor...an excellent wrestler...& this storyline conceived months ago has made the product fun to watch. And again he is doing what they tell him to do...it is scripted! There is no personal freedom here...he's TOLD what to say. This is acting. You don't seem to get that.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3990669 said:
You make me laugh R2A...perhaps what should be said is that Punk is a consumate actor...an excellent wrestler...& this storyline conceived months ago has made the product fun to watch. And again he is doing what they tell him to do...it is scripted! There is no personal freedom here...he's TOLD what to say. This is acting. You don't seem to get that.

No. Punk is given creative freedom, he is given points to hit and hits them.

Former Creative team member John Piermarini has said that multiple times, along with people such as Orton, Cena, HHH, Etc; Punk has been given the privilege to write his own scripts, he has to hit a few points that creative directs him too, and then run it by an agent and then you hear what came from Punks mind, not a member of the creative team. That's how it works with pretty much every top guy.

Is it acting? Yes, for most of the "entertainers" in WWE, sadly..

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;3990731 said:
No. Punk is given creative freedom, he is given points to hit and hits them.

Former Creative team member John Piermarini has said that multiple times, along with people such as Orton, Cena, HHH, Etc; Punk has been given the privilege to write his own scripts, he has to hit a few points that creative directs him too, and then run it by an agent and then you hear what came from Punks mind, not a member of the creative team. That's how it works with pretty much every top guy.

Is it acting? Yes, for most of the "entertainers" in WWE, sadly..

What are you saying here, bro?

This is all a big angle by and for the WWE through Vince McMahon.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3990553 said:
Cool stars bro.

Is this still a message board? Oh so we can discuss the topic then.

Punk has always been great on the mic.. he's not stepping his game up, his game has always been at a top level. The only differenced is the leeway he's being given by the creative dept now. He can say and do things he wasn't previously allowed to do.

I agree with you here. Punk has ALWAYS been amazing on the mic when he's given the freedom to work the storyline anyway he'd like and such.

Go watch some Punk in the Indy's and ROH and you'll see tons of great promo work where he's got his total control of what he's doing and how they're going to work their angles.

I do think he's stepping up though from even the greatness that he normally has to another level because he's being allowed to let go here. Which is awesome. I am a huge Punk fan, have been for years, and it's absolutely great to see him getting to let go right now. Love it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3990750 said:
You believe whatever you want R2A...you always do.

Of course i do, why would I not?
Dont think you understand what i meant though, of course its an angle, but its not 100% scripted. Punk has been given creative freedom on the mic, he has had it since summer 09 fued w J.Hardy