Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He's huge in that picture!

48seD.jpg

Last edited:

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Something has to be done that's for sure! No more special guests hosts like Grumpy Cat, Larry The Cable Guy and Seth Green. Also no one wants to see Adam Rose and the Bunny anymore. I understand they have 3 hours to fill but they're making it too corny imo.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand they have 3 hours to fill but they're making it too corny imo.

Vince made a comment this week about 3 hours being too long for Raw. That there wasn't enough filler for something like that any more. After Smackdown moves back to Thursday in January perhaps they will explorer shortening Raw back to 2 hours again. I'm more than good with that.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Vince made a comment this week about 3 hours being too long for Raw. That there wasn't enough filler for something like that any more. After Smackdown moves back to Thursday in January perhaps they will explorer shortening Raw back to 2 hours again. I'm more than good with that.

It is too long & they have the same formula every week. The show starts off with somebody talking for 20 minutes & the "main event" almost always involves Cena.

I can't stand that Brock guy but I almost wish he'd throw Cena out of action for awhile. That's mean I know.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a booker and wrestling mind, Vince hasn't been very good. Where he beats out the smarter wrestling minds is that Vince is the greatest promoter of a wrestling product ever and nobody else is even in the same galaxy as he has been. The other part is that while Vince has not been a great wrestling mind...he did do 1 smart thing that has been a principle of his that he learned from his father...the Heavyweight Champion is usually a face.

The other promoters, particularly the NWA, usually had the heel as the Heavyweight Champion. But Vince has always said that the 'fans should go home happy.' It's much like watching an action move like Die Hard. You know in the end the good guy is going to win, it's just how the good guy is going to win and what type of evil he will face. That presents mass appeal and that's a big reason why Vince was able to create an world-wide promotion.

They were saying that Vince needed to go 20 years ago. The difference is that they had the Attitude Era that was something that pro wrestling had sorely missed out on for years and Vince took to the Attitude Era like a fish to water.

I don't see any definitive 'era' in pro wrestling that needs to be addressed. In part due to the Attitude Era more or less leaving the cupboard dry.

What they really have to address is the current system in place. I don't blame the writers. Many of the writers are actually pro wrestling fans and are very knowledgeable about pro wrestling and know how to write for it if given the proper opportunity.

Instead, the corporatization of the WWE doesn't lead to a very good product. It's what really killed WCW. Except in the WWE the corporatization of the product is killing it in a different way.

Part of the issue is the same issue though. Pushing John Cena thru the roof because he sells merchandise is not always the best idea. It's much like Hogan in WCW....yeah, he was a draw...but at what expense?

It reminds me of when Hogan first came out to Jimi Hendrix's 'Voodoo Chile' entrance song. It's a great entrance song and they paid good money for the rights. But, if Hogan was supposed to be so great and the 'Babe Ruth of wrestling', then why did he need the song? They would have been better off giving that song and a persona to a young wrestler (i.e. Chris Jericho) in order to create a new superstar.

If John Cena is so great and so over, then shouldn't be still over if he loses key matches? Shouldn't he be able to put some wrestlers over and still be over himself?

But the issue doesn't stop at Cena (and he's only a minor issue). The system is setup for too many wrestlers and writers to fail. There is an insistence that the NXT wrestlers are to be given a noticeable character for the most part. And there is an insistence to try and move the NXT wrestlers up when the writers don't have anything for them. So what happens? The NXT wrestler is given a gimmick that was on the cutting room floor of the writer. And if it doesn't work out...then the wrestler is forever branded with that gimmick and may never get over anywhere.

Tough to convince young athletes to dive into the world of pro wrestling with that.

I'm not sure why anybody would think HHH would be any different. I don't know what type of booking experience he has. I think the only 'era' available is probably to go a bit back into the past when pro wrestling was treated more like a sport and they got rid of the vignettes and had wrestlers cut promos and interviews in the ring. Not sure Vince would sign off on that anyway.

YR

Agree on Vince being a great promoter and lousy booker.

He's made the World Heavyweight Title irrelevent.

That's one area where the old territory system was superior in that a group of promoters voted on who the champion was going to be. The result was much more stability.

I don't think a total "face" or "heel" champion would have worked in the NWA. Too large of a territory. Race would be booed in Florida but cheered in Kansas City.

The WWWF was more like a 5 state champion. Being a total face wasn't a big deal. Except if you were another face and you wouldn't get a shot at the championship.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rumors of the day:
  • The word going around is to expect Sting to make his next appearance on WWE television either at or just before the Royal Rumble.
  • As Keith Harris noted could happen here, WWE may be planning on fast tracking storylines to rush The Authority back to television in an attempt to boost ratings.
  • The reason Naomi was taken off Total Divas is apparently because the producers of the show didn't see many storyline angles after she got married to Jimmy Uso. With Paige and Alicia Fox joining the cast, they needed to make room and there was no more drama to be had with Naomi.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please, as a favor to me, if you're going to post pictures of wrestlers make sure they have a nice body! ;)

LOL!

Even the wrestlers with a good build acknowledged that perhaps the toughest in the business was Harley Race.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Man I hope Reigns doesn't get the title at Wrestlemania. He's not ready. I'd much rather see Ambrose or Ziggler beat Lesnar.