WWE "Silent Protest"?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Diesel/Keven Nash is 6'11" almost 7' and the Big Show/Giant is supposed to be 7'4", I do not see it. Nash was more of brawler, not a lot of technical things in his arsenal, he had bad knees from his days playing BB at UT. He was never a flag bearer champ and I actually think he was OK with that, he was at his best as an enforcer type and the nWo/Wolfpac/Kliq catered to his personality better. I think he liked being a semi heel.

No... "Big Show" isn't 7'4".

Nash was more like 6'10".

The Giant is about 7' even.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He gets dogged about that. I am sorry while wrestling is entertainment the toll it takes on the body is devastating you need to make as much money in the window you are given.

Yes he does but not from me.

I never care if they're only in it for the money. They're doing it for a living so of course the money is going to be a huge factor, and most of the time the biggest factor.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you're right about the WWWF champion holding an aura of mystery, especially back in the late '70's when I first started watching wrestling. I don't recall seeing the champ on TV much. In fact, my first memory (albeit foggy) was when Bruno wrestled Superstar in a cage match in Philadelphia--man, was I disappointed when he kicked Superstar out of the cage door. It wasn't televised but it was on PRISM, which I remember it for being sports-heavy programming.

I don't recall seeing any WWWF championship matches outside of watching it on PRISM or waiting up until the 11:00pm news to see the results from MSG. Yep, they actually reported wrestling results on the news! Well, at least when Backlund lost to the Iron Shiek in the early '80's.

I used to love watching the WWF on Prism as a kid.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They say Andre wasn't as tall as he was billed either.

No, he wasn't. More like 7'2" at his tallest. As he aged and his spine curved he was probably less than 7' because he could no longer stand up straight.

jrumann59

Reaction score
No... "Big Show" isn't 7'4".

Nash was more like 6'10".

The Giant is about 7' even.

When Big Show/Giant/Paul White came into wrestling he was touted as 7'4" 400+ pounds that continued when he switched to WWE, Nash was considered a 7 footer but if you look at the pic with him facing off with the Big Show there is no way there is 3-4 inches that separates them.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I know the rumor is Hogan is no where near his 6'7" height due to, too many leg drops and spinal compression. I think I read somewhere he says he is like 6'4"

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Big Show/Giant/Paul White came into wrestling he was touted as 7'4" 400+ pounds that continued when he switched to WWE, Nash was considered a 7 footer but if you look at the pic with him facing off with the Big Show there is no way there is 3-4 inches that separates them.

Yeah, he was billed as the "Son of Andre".

No... he's not 7'4".

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the rumor is Hogan is no where near his 6'7" height due to, too many leg drops and spinal compression. I think I read somewhere he says he is like 6'4"

I would say Hogan was in the 6'7" range in his prime. I think his boots added another 1" or two.

I remember when Tony Atlas (who's 6'2") got into Hogan's face when he first came into the WWWF and Atlas had to stand on his tip-toes to look Hogan more in the eye.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I would say Hogan was in the 6'7" range in his prime. I think his boots added another 1" or two.

I remember when Tony Atlas (who's 6'2") got into Hogan's face when he first came into the WWWF and Atlas had to stand on his tip-toes to look Hogan more in the eye.

Scott hall was listed at 6'5" Hogan is listed at 6'7" and Nash is listed at at 6'11" or 7 when he wrestled and when you see all three in the ring that fits, Nash is considerably taller than Hogan much more than the 2 inches and Hogan is taller than hall by looks of it 2 inches. Now I know all those guys could have inflated numbers so following what we know, Hall must be closer to 6'3", Hogan is more like 6'5" and Nash is more like 6'9" which would be more or less close to their real life listings, but no way giant is 7 foot if nash is only 6'9"

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scott hall was listed at 6'5" Hogan is listed at 6'7" and Nash is listed at at 6'11" or 7 when he wrestled and when you see all three in the ring that fits, Nash is considerably taller than Hogan much more than the 2 inches and Hogan is taller than hall by looks of it 2 inches. Now I know all those guys could have inflated numbers so following what we know, Hall must be closer to 6'3", Hogan is more like 6'5" and Nash is more like 6'9" which would be more or less close to their real life listings, but no way giant is 7 foot if nash is only 6'9"

That makes sense.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
large_show-shaq.jpg

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
http://i121.***BLOCKED***/albums/o223/JTJTPhotos/Singh/Shaq/Document26_p015.jpg