WWE Summer Slam Prediction Thread - Winners Bolded

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Rumors are that Sting flew back to NYC from Chicago last night and could be on Raw tonight. I hope he shows up!

jrumann59

Reaction score
From what I read it's Vince. Trips runs NXT which is becoming wildly popular with the fans and wrestlers. Vince still calls the shots on Raw and he doesn't exactly have the Midas touch.

To be somewhat fair, you take guys like Triple H, Jericho, Bryan, Punk, RVD, Bastista, Del Rio and Mysterio out of the ring that is going to leave a mark.

Then make matters worse you try to feed us guys like Curtis Axel, Jack Swagger, Brodus Clay, The Great Kahli, Damien Sandow, 3MB idiots and Fandango and we're sliding down hill at a rapid pace. And don't get me started on the Diva's division.

I expect drop off on the mid carders, well because they are mid carders. But the Likes of Cena, Rollins, Cesaro, I guess Kevin Owens, I would expect better execution and the stories for these battles to be much better. All the stories seem so ho-hum even Taker and Lesnar, Rollins and Cena seemed so forced and really makes Rollins look bad, reminds me of the nWo Hogan but not as accomplished, Rollins does not seem to have a single clean title defense to his name.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I can't believe I stayed up and watched this. Don't get me wrong, there was some good wrestling on the show but head scratch endings and storytelling that made no sense. Like what was Roman doing for 2/3 of that match? The Jon Stewart interference? The bell attendant somehow saw Taker tap even though he seems like he was completely out of position to see it? A women's match that seemed setup just to say "hey, we can dive to the floor just as well as the guys!"?

I've been thinking about cutting the cord on DirecTV but Raw was one of the shows giving me pause as there is no good, legal way to get USA. Not so much anymore.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rollins and Cena seemed so forced and really makes Rollins look bad, reminds me of the nWo Hogan but not as accomplished, Rollins does not seem to have a single clean title defense to his name.

They've positioned Rollins as the most worthless champion in the history of the business.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Seth deserves better but he's handicapped by the silly stuff he's made to do.

which may be why he's holding 2 belts now..if only for a matter of days.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I knew Cena was not going to win the World Title since he started hawking that 15X gear. I figure the fans would go rabid if he started wearing the new merchandise and then he wins #16 a couple of weeks later.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Wow, just saw the clip of Jon Stewart hitting Cena with a chair and it was bad...just brutal to watch. Cena took way to long getting up and Stewart was just standing there when it was clear what he was going to do. Very poorly executed and probably just a bad idea overall.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
This diva stuff being forced down everyone's throats every RAW is bombing!

Enough!

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Have to admit that was pretty bad. I wonder how much longer Vince is going to keep pushing this 'womens revolution' stuff?

that was "take a shower time" for me....it just seemed to go on forever.

I bet lots of folks changed the channel.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that was "take a shower time" for me....it just seemed to go on forever.

I bet lots of folks changed the channel.

I was watching "The Great Wall" special on NFLN. Even if I have seen it a dozen times it's better than the Divas.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I was watching "The Great Wall" special on NFLN. Even if I have seen it a dozen times it's better than the Divas.

I don't get why they are pushing them so much....a little here & there fine but it's just too much..their segments are way too long.

if the live audience is bored by what's right in front of their face you know the tv audience is.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
The problem is how they are doing it. Last night was bad, they lost the crowd it seemed and I am sure Vince is convinced now that no one wants to see women's wrestling. NXT gets it right and WWE screws it up (yes, I see them as two separate things). Stop with the ridiculous 6 and 9 women tag matches and give some screen time to a solid 1 on 1 match. Put Becky or Charlotte vs Sasha and give them more than 5 minutes including intro's and watch them kill it. It's no wonder the Revolution is failing because the WWE is shoving 9 women in the ring at the same time.