WWE Summer Slam Prediction Thread - Winners Bolded

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is how they are doing it. Last night was bad, they lost the crowd it seemed and I am sure Vince is convinced now that no one wants to see women's wrestling. NXT gets it right and WWE screws it up (yes, I see them as two separate things).
They did lose the crowd. Everyone watching TV who was paying attention saw it. The crowd was more into itself than what was happening in the ring. You are right that NXT and WWE are two different things. One is highly successful and one is very mediocre. The main difference is who is in control and calling the shots. Until Vince changes his approach the product will not improve. Oh, no one wants to see women's wrestling. Unfortunately we will be force fed the Divas for many more months.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
They did lose the crowd. Everyone watching TV who was paying attention saw it. The crowd was more into itself than what was happening in the ring. You are right that NXT and WWE are two different things. One is highly successful and one is very mediocre. The main difference is who is in control and calling the shots. Until Vince changes his approach the product will not improve. Oh, no one wants to see women's wrestling. Unfortunately we will be force fed the Divas for many more months.

I like women's wrestling when it's done right.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, just saw the clip of Jon Stewart hitting Cena with a chair and it was bad...just brutal to watch. Cena took way to long getting up and Stewart was just standing there when it was clear what he was going to do. Very poorly executed and probably just a bad idea overall.

It was an incredibly stoopid idea.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I like women's wrestling when it's done right.

The issue is that they give the Diva's wayyyy too much air time. Many fans really don't care to give the Diva's a chance just because they don't care for women's wrestling and never will. So if you have females out there, they had better be pretty darn good. The Bellas are terrible, especially on the mic. Charlotte is too green on the mic and Paige still struggles to work the WWE style (she works a stiffer style much better). Paige has also struggled to find her character. She seems to want to be a Diva even though the crowd looks at her more like the cool emo chick that they don't want to be another diva.

The fact is that Trish and Lita were far more advanced both in the ring and on the mic and for the most part didn't get this much air time. Part of the woes of running 3-hour Monday Night Raws instead of 2-hour Monday Night Raws.

There are plenty of more problems with RAW and Smackdown, but they could do themselves a large improvement by cutting down the airtime of the Divas and make them show that they can handle longer segments and more exposure before they give it to them.

YR

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact is that Trish and Lita were far more advanced both in the ring and on the mic and for the most part didn't get this much air time.

Part of the woes of running 3-hour Monday Night Raws instead of 2-hour Monday Night Raws.
Hook, line and sinker. Nailed both perfectly.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think that is part of it, I think too many super stars follow the same line into a match in other words you can miss the first 5 minutes of the match and come in the middle and see who is going to win, as it pertains to RAW and Smackdown, PPV it gets even more muddied because the stars break out more moves but the execution is not there. PPV is so predictable everyone gets up from 3-4 finishers before that final one or there is run in. Wrestling is no longer compelling feels like what wrestling was languishing in prior to the Attitude Era and the Monday Night Wars. Too much re-treading of old ideas glossed up and served as a new.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that is part of it, I think too many super stars follow the same line into a match in other words you can miss the first 5 minutes of the match and come in the middle and see who is going to win, as it pertains to RAW and Smackdown, PPV it gets even more muddied because the stars break out more moves but the execution is not there. PPV is so predictable everyone gets up from 3-4 finishers before that final one or there is run in. Wrestling is no longer compelling feels like what wrestling was languishing in prior to the Attitude Era and the Monday Night Wars. Too much re-treading of old ideas glossed up and served as a new.

There's no buildup whatsoever.

Look at the match times:

Sheamus/Orton 12:46
Ziggler/Rusev 11:50
Rollins/Cena 19:27
Owens/Cesaro 14:21
Undertaker/Lesner 19:04

CashMan

Reaction score

I would agree. It was a while since I ordered my last PPV before this last Wrestlemania, and I remember in the Sting HH match, there were like 4-5 finishers from Sting. It was ridiculous.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
From what I read it's Vince. Trips runs NXT which is becoming wildly popular with the fans and wrestlers. Vince still calls the shots on Raw and he doesn't exactly have the Midas touch.

To be somewhat fair, you take guys like Triple H, Jericho, Bryan, Punk, RVD, Bastista, Del Rio and Mysterio out of the ring that is going to leave a mark.

Then make matters worse you try to feed us guys like Curtis Axel, Jack Swagger, Brodus Clay, The Great Kahli, Damien Sandow, 3MB idiots and Fandango and we're sliding down hill at a rapid pace. And don't get me started on the Diva's division.

Sandow has been a HUGE missed opportunity. The guy is dang good. He can wrestle, he can talk, he can do serious and comedy. They've wasted a great shot with him, IMO.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You noticed that also?

And? Why would he?

He's the freaking lead heel champion.

It should be extremely rare that he ever wins cleanly in big title defenses.

There isn't anywhere to build the face challengers with if you have them getting beat cleanly by the heel champions.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Seth is a great heel! He's done very well learning how to talk...his expressions.

and he can wrestle!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Seth is a great heel! He's done very well learning how to talk...his expressions.

and he can wrestle!

Rollins is a very good wrestler. I'm a fan. He does a great job of doing what they want him to do and being convincing.

I will love it when he goes face and is allowed to be on his own and really show what he's capable of. He's dang good.

Him and Ambrose are two great performers that came in from NXT.

I'm also a huge Wyatt fan and Kevin Owens fan. And I absolutely can not wait for them to stop wasting time with Samoa Joe in NXT and bring him to the big roster cause he's damn good as well.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Rollins is a very good wrestler. I'm a fan. He does a great job of doing what they want him to do and being convincing.

I will love it when he goes face and is allowed to be on his own and really show what he's capable of. He's dang good.

Him and Ambrose are two great performers that came in from NXT.

I'm also a huge Wyatt fan and Kevin Owens fan. And I absolutely can not wait for them to stop wasting time with Samoa Joe in NXT and bring him to the big roster cause he's damn good as well.

how are you? Haven't seen you for awhile!

my Seth love ❤ runs deep....well known! Haha.

I don't like Bray anymore though...just kind of wore me out with his makes no sense promos & I hate Owens! Sorry!

big fat guy wrestling in his shorts!

I hate to admit it but I've never watched NXT. Not once.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sandow has been a HUGE missed opportunity. The guy is dang good. He can wrestle, he can talk, he can do serious and comedy. They've wasted a great shot with him, IMO.

Wether the "Intellectual Savior Of The Masses" or tag teaming with Cody or being the stunt double for The Miz it's clear Sandow and play the part and no one questions his wrestling ability either. I don't know what happened but he fell out of favor and fell off the radar. I'd like to see a character makeover and a return to action. He is a big swing and a miss for Vince IMO also.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I'd rather watch Sandow wrestle any way...any incarnation...over the Bellas & the 50 new divas they keep showing.

When they had him with Miz it was hysterical!

now Miz is just filler silly stuff & Sandow has disappeared

jrumann59

Reaction score
And? Why would he?

He's the freaking lead heel champion.

It should be extremely rare that he ever wins cleanly in big title defenses.

There isn't anywhere to build the face challengers with if you have them getting beat cleanly by the heel champions.

Even the great heel champs won on their own from time to time, and when they did have run-ins it promoted the story. Rollins run-ins might as well be midgets on unicycles for as much as they add to the story. The Authority is full of has beens and never were, it at least was compelling when they had Orton. Kane and J&J security is on par with the dying gasps of the nWo, at least the nWo was a faction to contend with.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
They took away Seth's best move. I am hoping one day the stomp will be back.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even the great heel champs won on their own from time to time, and when they did have run-ins it promoted the story. Rollins run-ins might as well be midgets on unicycles for as much as they add to the story. The Authority is full of has beens and never were, it at least was compelling when they had Orton. Kane and J&J security is on par with the dying gasps of the nWo, at least the nWo was a faction to contend with.

Great point on heel champs.

Without clean pins and submissions no champion looks legit. In a era where most WWE champs come off looking bad, Rollins unfortunately looks worse than most because he's never allowed to win with a clean pin or submission.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
So... does Sting get the win over Rollins? One could interpret a second Sting loss as another WCW was inferior statement.

CashMan

Reaction score
So... does Sting get the win over Rollins? One could interpret a second Sting loss as another WCW was inferior statement.

Based on his last match, he will not win. In the story leading up to the match, no where did they discuss the monday night wars. And all of a sudden, in the match, they bring it up.