WWE Summer Slam Prediction Thread - Winners Bolded

jrumann59

Reaction score
Based on his last match, he will not win. In the story leading up to the match, no where did they discuss the monday night wars. And all of a sudden, in the match, they bring it up.

He won't win but it will not be a clean loss, run in or something similar. It seems the WWE is doing to Sting what WCW did to Hart, no story, no idea what to do with the Icon.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Even the great heel champs won on their own from time to time, and when they did have run-ins it promoted the story. Rollins run-ins might as well be midgets on unicycles for as much as they add to the story. The Authority is full of has beens and never were, it at least was compelling when they had Orton. Kane and J&J security is on par with the dying gasps of the nWo, at least the nWo was a faction to contend with.

I do agree with the run-ins adding to the story.

The problem has been the last couple of run ins have seemed to add to the story of his opponent, rather than to him or to him and his opponents feud.

Jon Stewart just seemed to be something they were setting up to do wit Cena. Which I'm guessing will not end at this point, due to them clearly moving him away from Rollins.

The last PPV run in was to set up Taker and Brock again. So again that didn't really do anything for Rollins. I feel for the guy cause he's gold, IMO, and he's doing the best he can with what they're giving him.

But it's pretty clear they're not booking him to be The Guy. They're booking him as a place holder champion until they decide to give it back to Brock or have Sheamus or Cena take it back.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
So... does Sting get the win over Rollins? One could interpret a second Sting loss as another WCW was inferior statement.

I lean toward the idea that he won't win, simply because they're not going to put a WCW homegrown ICON over on their own guys.

But in the interest of business, and what makes sense, it just doesn't make sense to me that Sting would lose both of his WWE matches so I'm wondering if they're going to give him a really short run as the champion.

As a tip of the hat to his career.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I do agree with the run-ins adding to the story.

The problem has been the last couple of run ins have seemed to add to the story of his opponent, rather than to him or to him and his opponents feud.

Jon Stewart just seemed to be something they were setting up to do wit Cena. Which I'm guessing will not end at this point, due to them clearly moving him away from Rollins.

The last PPV run in was to set up Taker and Brock again. So again that didn't really do anything for Rollins. I feel for the guy cause he's gold, IMO, and he's doing the best he can with what they're giving him.

But it's pretty clear they're not booking him to be The Guy. They're booking him as a place holder champion until they decide to give it back to Brock or have Sheamus or Cena take it back.

I figure Cena will get it back at least 2 more times, I expect him to get it back once during his "prime" years and once towards the end of his career, you could see that with the Ric Flair love fest on RAW

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I figure Cena will get it back at least 2 more times, I expect him to get it back once during his "prime" years and once towards the end of his career, you could see that with the Ric Flair love fest on RAW

Oh I do to.

In fact I'd imagine he'll have it quite a few more times than 2. The guy is still going to be around for quite a longtime yet, barring some major injury, and I can't imagine that there is any way that he would not be champion multiple times during that time frame.

The guy is probably going to wind up with like 20 reigns by the time he's done.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Oh I do to.

In fact I'd imagine he'll have it quite a few more times than 2. The guy is still going to be around for quite a longtime yet, barring some major injury, and I can't imagine that there is any way that he would not be champion multiple times during that time frame.

Probably right, I know he is a huge merch draw, but I expect him to take a planned vacation for a little while, while he may be wildly popular he is also wildly unpopular. A little time away may allow them to freshen up his character a little bit.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh I do to.

I'm a huge Flair mark... I watched him beat Ernie Ladd in Buffalo (gosh a clean pin... who-da thunk?) when I was 18 years-old, back in 1980.

But to give Flair a championship now... it's ridiculous if it happens.

But it wouldn't be any more doofy than a 50-YO beating Lesnar or another guy older than I am (Sting) actually beating Rollins (or anyone else for that matter who's less than 40).

CashMan

Reaction score
I lean toward the idea that he won't win, simply because they're not going to put a WCW homegrown ICON over on their own guys.

But in the interest of business, and what makes sense, it just doesn't make sense to me that Sting would lose both of his WWE matches so I'm wondering if they're going to give him a really short run as the champion.

Champ, retire.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So... does Sting get the win over Rollins? One could interpret a second Sting loss as another WCW was inferior statement.

Maybe but there can't be a plan for him to carry the belt long term. Perhaps Sheamus cashing in? In all likelyhood Rollins is going to win just not cleanly. Is Jon Stewart going to be there?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I think Sting beats Seth...he didn't come back for nothing. Didn't they do this same thing with Rock?

Cena has had enough world titles. Good Lord. He's annoying.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think Sting beats Seth...he didn't come back for nothing. Didn't they do this same thing with Rock?

Cena has had enough world titles. Good Lord. He's annoying.

His schtick is annoying, they are making him the modern day Hogan. He puts forth more effort for a guy that has been to the mountain top as many times as he has, then 90% of the roster. He has few equals in his dedication, I put Orton up there with him, I actually put Seth just hair below him just because they seem to make him "The taskmaster" (comic book reference) of the wrestling world, I think Cesaro can be top level with Cena and Orton. The WWE is full of so much mid card talent it is hard not to give titles to proven guys like Cena, Orton, Lesnar.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
don't like Orton...he's a good wrestler but seems to have an air of entitlement that is not scripted. My guess is he's a jerk in real life.

Cena is way too corny for me..he's the best at selling to the kids & that's why he's there..

Brock wrestles what 3 times a year? He's another guy that gets stuff handed to him just for story.

Cesaro is probably the best wrestler on the roster. He's deserving of a belt.

jrumann59

Reaction score
don't like Orton...he's a good wrestler but seems to have an air of entitlement that is not scripted. My guess is he's a jerk in real life.

Cena is way too corny for me..he's the best at selling to the kids & that's why he's there..

Brock wrestles what 3 times a year? He's another guy that gets stuff handed to him just for story.

Cesaro is probably the best wrestler on the roster. He's deserving of a belt.

I could care less about the schtick a wrestler uses, I am talking just performing. I agree Lesnar is taking full advantage of his celebrity because I really do not consider him a true performer, unless you think the bully persona he has is a true stretch. I also agree Lesnar should not be title carrier for long durations since he only seems to wrestle at PPV. While I think Cesar is great the European uppercut from anywhere thing is comical at best needs to come up with something more that will put him over the top.

DanteEXT

Reaction score

I am leaning towards they won't give it him but I think they should.

If they did, how long of a run? I can't see him keep it until the rumored retirement match at WM. Though I'm sure he could part time champ it like Brock over that time. And dropping at the next PPV I think would diminish his win. I would like to see at least one successful defense if they go that route.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, Orton does have this "air" about him.

His father did to, to a certain extent. But make no mistake Orton grew up in a family of wrestlers. His grandfather wrestled too.

His father was one of the best technical wrestlers of his era and really didn't get the accolades that he deserved on a national scale. One time in a 30 minute time-limit match with then WWWF Champion Bob Backlund, only 1 punch was thrown in that 30 minutes. Everything was technical wrestling.

Maybe that's what aggravates the younger Orton, the lack of technical wrestling skill shown by most in the present roster.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I could care less about the schtick a wrestler uses, I am talking just performing. I agree Lesnar is taking full advantage of his celebrity because I really do not consider him a true performer, unless you think the bully persona he has is a true stretch. I also agree Lesnar should not be title carrier for long durations since he only seems to wrestle at PPV. While I think Cesar is great the European uppercut from anywhere thing is comical at best needs to come up with something more that will put him over the top.

if your first comment is regarding Cena you may not care about his act but many hate it. I don't dislike him as a person but he's awfully corny out there. And so for me he's a FF most weeks. He's so vanilla.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, Orton does have this "air" about him.

His father did to, to a certain extent. But make no mistake Orton grew up in a family of wrestlers. His grandfather wrestled too.

His father was one of the best technical wrestlers of his era and really didn't get the accolades that he deserved on a national scale. One time in a 30 minute time-limit match with then WWWF Champion Bob Backlund, only 1 punch was thrown in that 30 minutes. Everything was technical wrestling.

Maybe that's what aggravates the younger Orton, the lack of technical wrestling skill shown by most in the present roster.

Orton is ok...he's better than most of them but he's hard for me to care about..one way or the other. He's awfully dry talking...not funny..not entertaining.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Orton is ok...he's better than most of them but he's hard for me to care about..one way or the other. He's awfully dry talking...not funny..not entertaining.

LOL!

It's funny because his father was the same way.

I think that's what held him back, it wasn't his in ring ability it's just he didn't have much charisma with the mic.

There are lots of guys in the business that didn't advance to where they could have because they didn't have the "talk".

Cowboy Bob Orton was one, Billy Robinson was another.

And then you have a guy like Hogan, who had as little wrestling ability as many jobbers but we all know what he could do with a mic in his grill.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't dislike him as a person but he's awfully corny out there. And so for me he's a FF most weeks. He's so vanilla.
And possibly pass up a chance to see this?

th