X Box questions

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rampage;2774163 said:
lol you answered with x-crap. you should've gotten it on playstation.

I answered with x-crap cause you said x-crap. I've had to send it in multiple times with issues, and this was before they expedited their service and I'd be without my x-box for 3-4 weeks at a time since I've had it since the release.

I finally caved and bought an Elite when my original broke for the 4th time, but they fixed it and I ended up with two... so I modded the old one, and frankly I've been happy ever since. :laugh2:

The PS3 I just got last Christmas as a gift from my younger brothers, so I wasn't really in a hurry to get one but I can rent HD movies from Netflix and it works beautifully for that at the very least.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread and I dont know if you have purchased a console or not but if you like to play sports games and shooters I recommend the PS3...I owned a 360 for 3 years and I thought it was the best thing ever till I got the ring of death....Then My wife got me a PS3 and Im mad I didnt get one sooner...MGS4 is one of the best games Ive ever played and Killzone 2 is off the chain..both of which are better then anything the 360 offers..and yes Ive played Gears 1 and 2 as well as all of the Halo's quite extensively...a year ago I would have told you that you were crazy to shell out the extra cash for a PS3 but now after owning one for a few months I gotta say its well worth the extra cash..An added bonus is the BLU-Ray Player which will save you a minimum 300 bucks if you decide to get an HDTV

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Whiskey Cowboy;2777324 said:
I haven't read the whole thread and I dont know if you have purchased a console or not but if you like to play sports games and shooters I recommend the PS3...I owned a 360 for 3 years and I thought it was the best thing ever till I got the ring of death....Then My wife got me a PS3 and Im mad I didnt get one sooner...MGS4 is one of the best games Ive ever played and Killzone 2 is off the chain..both of which are better then anything the 360 offers..and yes Ive played Gears 1 and 2 as well as all of the Halo's quite extensively...a year ago I would have told you that you were crazy to shell out the extra cash for a PS3 but now after owning one for a few months I gotta say its well worth the extra cash..An added bonus is the BLU-Ray Player which will save you a minimum 300 bucks if you decide to get an HDTV

Too late

So far I'm enjoying it. I just need to find the game I'm looking for. As for the ps3 and a blu ray player....I don't own any blu ray dvds and I don't plan on buying any.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2777338 said:
Too late

So far I'm enjoying it. I just need to find the game I'm looking for. As for the ps3 and a blu ray player....I don't own any blu ray dvds and I don't plan on buying any.
Damn I should have got to you sooner!! Well...The X-Box isnt a bad system, I just hink the PS3 is more reliable and IMO there are some better games out...anywho...enjoy your Box

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Whiskey Cowboy;2777474 said:
Damn I should have got to you sooner!! Well...The X-Box isnt a bad system, I just hink the PS3 is more reliable and IMO there are some better games out...anywho...enjoy your Box

Honestly it wouldn't have mattered. :laugh2:

I had my mind made up on which system I wanted.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2777477 said:
Honestly it wouldn't have mattered. :laugh2:

I had my mind made up on which system I wanted.
Ahh ok...well maybe one day you'll come to your senses...till then, enjoy:beer1:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Whiskey Cowboy;2777479 said:
Ahh ok...well maybe one day you'll come to your senses...till then, enjoy:beer1:
maybe when his x-crap breaks on him he will. he will say "man, I shoulda listened to Rampage and Whiskey Cowboy about how PS3 is much better than x-crap".

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2777516 said:
maybe when his x-crap breaks on him he will. he will say "man, I shoulda listened to Rampage and Whiskey Cowboy about how PS3 is much better than x-crap".
haha no doubt

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
hooo boy, console fanboyism sure is annoying. Kinda reminds me of political zone.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
DIAF;2777715 said:
hooo boy, console fanboyism sure is annoying. Kinda reminds me of political zone.

Fanbois are great. They have such an accurate reading on the pulse of consumers.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/ps3-bested-by-older-brother/1315218

PS3 bested by older brother

by Mike Smith

According to official April figures released by the NPD Group, the Playstation 3 found itself beaten out for fifth place by an unusual competitor: its predecessor, the Playstation 2.

Still the boss

A 50% leap in Playstation 2 sales accounts for the surprising change, an increase likely prompted by the system's price cut on April 1, a move which apparently electrified interest in the nine-year old platform.

The PS2's success was probably the only nugget of April sales news to put smiles on the faces of Sony execs. Nintendo platforms continued their lockdown of the top spots, with the Wii coming second and the DS coming both first and third, courtesy of the just-launched DSi: the DS's two hardware variations accounted for an astonishing million sales during April. Meanwhile, the Xbox 360 was down slightly over last April, but still managed a solid fourth place and remains on course for a record-breaking year.

But both the Playstation 3 and PSP posted disappointing results, with the PS3 placing sixth with its worst performance in over 18 months, and the PSP limping in seventh with a total of 116,000 sales -- down over 30% on March's numbers.

The news has revitalized persistent rumors of price cuts for Sony's PS3. The system's base model is between $150 and $200 more expensive than its competitors, the Wii and Xbox 360. Industry news site Gamasutra predicts we'll see a $100 cut in the $400 Playstation 3 announced at the E3 video games trade show in Los Angeles in early June.

So if you're contemplating taking the Playstation plunge -- and with top exclusive superhero thriller Infamous just a week away, we're betting some of you are -- you might well want to hold off and wait to see what June has in store.