News: Yahoo: Mike McCarthy and other coaches on the hot seat already

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The media wants Dallas to lose the first two games so bad. They want them to lose because of a coaching error from MM so they can talk about it on their talk shows. Dallas has the best coaching staff in the NFC East, the best players quarterback/defensive player, the best offense and defense in the division. MM will be fine.
:hammer:
Big Mike has issues. his game/clock management is terrible. His Nolan hire was a freak show. At least we got DQ after that. That’s all on big Mike. the Philbin hire is starting to show just how bad it was. The OL depth, blocking schemes, and player development are major problems. someone was telling Stephen that we are good at OL.

And Jerry is 80 soon. His patience is thin.
So does Moore. His play calling has been exposed several times last season yet he continuously gets a free pass from many fans. o_O

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course Mike will be the latest coach to pay for the sins of the owner.

And most of you will fall right in line. Condemning yet another coach and welcoming his successor, the new savior. ......and future reason for all our problems.

This isn't news. It's how we've operated for the last 30 years.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I think McCarthy gets a lot of undeserved heat.

But I also don’t think McCarthy does a whole lot as a head coach

He doesn’t bring anything to the team. Moore and Quinn are doing the bulk of the work. I don’t mind a “walk around” head coach if he brings something to the team, but it’s pretty clear he’s just here to collect a check.

Praxit

Reaction score
....all big mike needs, is to advance to NFCCG, win or lose. New deal, done.

Havic

Reaction score
I think MM is a good coach and team builder. He has changed the culture here. Where Mike struggles is game management skills is at the bottom of the league.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So does Moore. His play calling has been exposed several times last season yet he continuously gets a free pass from many fans. o_O
quinn and MM will surove this seaosn im pretty sure of that, unless its a total meltdown

MOORE wont survive 8 games maybe not be fired but MM understands his situation and won't have some wonder boy this season get him fired. He will demote him and become play caller. this is my guy feel but the kid gloves are off the he wont sit back and not meddle this time.. ive already heard hes had far more in out all offseason with KM implementing and more of MM plays in the play book. Dads keeping an eye on wonder boys Gameplans and play calling.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

If he’s not doing a whole lot he deserves a lot of heat.

Big_D

Reaction score
He doesn’t bring anything to the team. Moore and Quinn are doing the bulk of the work. I don’t mind a “walk around” head coach if he brings something to the team, but it’s pretty clear he’s just here to collect a check.

This is ridiculous. You see more position battles and depth in 3 seasons than you did in 10 with Garrett. Jerry didn’t just suddenly figure it out.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We've seen a lot of coaching changes over the last 27 years but little playoff success. It seems the underlying problem lies elsewhere.

Brax

Reaction score
We've seen a lot of coaching changes over the last 27 years but little playoff success. It seems the underlying problem lies elsewhere.
One guy hiring yes men coaches is the problem, the one hired for the stadium deal he did his best to undermine. Jerry is was and will be the main problem as long as he’s on the earth not in it.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Actually he got ripped apart by almost this whole forum last season. And rightly so. Game 8 was the end of Wonder Boy.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Not sure about this, after all, it's just another media head opinion. Remember how long 8-8 Garrett was on the hot seat for?!

Mike McCarthy, Dallas Cowboys
It's unfair to have McCarthy here after Dallas went 12-5 and won the NFC East last season. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is perhaps too patient with his coaches and has shot down every question about McCarthy's job security. But everyone knows former New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton is a favorite of Jones after stepping down from his Saints job. The Cowboys are already dealing with injuries and personnel losses over the offseason, and all anyone seems to remember about the 2021 Cowboys is how they lost in the wild-card playoff round.

Maybe all the speculation about McCarthy is irresponsible dot-connecting. Still, McCarthy might want to have a good season just in case.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2022-nfl-p...oaches-on-the-hot-seat-already-123717979.html
The media will speculate about any thing Cowboys to get the clicks.

plymkr

Reaction score
Not sure about this, after all, it's just another media head opinion. Remember how long 8-8 Garrett was on the hot seat for?!

Mike McCarthy, Dallas Cowboys
It's unfair to have McCarthy here after Dallas went 12-5 and won the NFC East last season. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is perhaps too patient with his coaches and has shot down every question about McCarthy's job security. But everyone knows former New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton is a favorite of Jones after stepping down from his Saints job. The Cowboys are already dealing with injuries and personnel losses over the offseason, and all anyone seems to remember about the 2021 Cowboys is how they lost in the wild-card playoff round.

Maybe all the speculation about McCarthy is irresponsible dot-connecting. Still, McCarthy might want to have a good season just in case.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2022-nfl-p...oaches-on-the-hot-seat-already-123717979.html
I may be in the minority here but I do not want Payton here if we have to trade for him. If Payton is free to coach wherever he wants after this season then great. But losing draft capital for him is not worth it.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Ok, ok, ok....calm down people.... rest your sphincters; MM is not going anywhere. He will coach thru his contract and then we will see what happens. Jerry is not gonna fire him before then. Payton is not coming here anyway so rest easy. DQ may take over if and when MM is kicked to the curb. KM used to be the coach in waiting but i believe he has shown not to be ready yet.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
We all know how Jerry rolls....unless MM falls flat on his face...he’s not on any hot seat with Jerry.

JayFord

Reaction score
MM is on the hot seat simply for clicks

2020 everyone was injured not even the great Bill B could win with those injuries

2021 12-5 a team that fell short in the playoffs

what hot seat could there be? you could argue that you can throw 2020 out the window

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Remeber back in the good ole days of JG, and when injuries were present he would get a psss on however the season panned out?...

Sandyf

Reaction score
One point I haven't seen yet is on Sean Payton. The Saints still control his rights for at least another 2 years so if Dallas wants to sign him then Dallas will have to agree with the Saints on the compensation of which according to reports they want at least a #1 pick and a #3 pick. How many believe Dallas would pay that price?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

If MM is on the hot seat its because Jerry the GM didnt do enough on the offseason to get MM the players he needs when he could have. Now how much that has to do with MM is up for debate. Personally I think even the puppets deserve blame if they cannot convince Jerry to do what they want or give him what they need.

But without a doubt the way MM is calling games, clock management, ect......ect.... has been bad to say the least. Where Garrett was too conservative, MM is waaaay too aggressive and over the top. I also dont like the way he has handled Moore and the offense.

But there is no question MM has brought things to the franchise that Garrett simply wasnt capable of. You can see a big difference between how its run now and prior. From the draft, through the offseason and who he keeps and who he lets go.