News: Yahoo: Mike McCarthy and other coaches on the hot seat already

phildadon86

Reaction score
He doesn’t bring anything to the team. Moore and Quinn are doing the bulk of the work. I don’t mind a “walk around” head coach if he brings something to the team, but it’s pretty clear he’s just here to collect a check.
He brings watermelons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What convinced me was 2019 when he refused to fire Garrett with one year left on his contract. Never mind we all knew the chances of Jason getting a new contract were slim to none but rather than eating the final year of his deal, Jerry brought him back as a lame-duck coach. But it's not just that, they rarely cut/release players before their contracts expire.
recent history says that not true, SEE this offseason all of them had money/time left on their deals ..they will fire or cut anyone once they decide its prudent has zero to do with money it more Jerry cares too much, emotions are tied to his decisions, BUT weve seen Ware, Emmitt, Dez , Baily, Lee , Jaylon, and many others cuts and this last offseason many names with deals cut and i guarantee zekes not coming back next year in his current deal. Jerry truly wanted Garett to succeed and held onto him as long as he could but finally gave up. he does this with players as lot of teams do..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Big Mike wasn't even allowed to hire a proper OC .

Its Jerrah's plan all along to put KM as HC ., and give us another 10 year nightmare .
WRONG he was given the option and chose KM, talked him out of going to a college job..you can believe what you want but that was the story and its not been debunked..

ESisback

Reaction score
A Cowboy coach on the “Hot Seat”?!? Just another ratings tool.

erod

Reaction score
All eyes on Sean Payton and Dan Quinn ... one of them will eventually the new HC of Dallas Cowboys .... :rolleyes:
When Dennis Allen has a good season this year in New Orleans with Jameis, Sean Payton's star will fade fast.

Just like McCarthy's did.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
There are reasons why mm should on the hot seat. Questionable coordinators and position coach selections, management etc.

However, I don’t see a coach right now that deals with a gm like Jerry Jones that can coach this team to a 12-5 record like he did last year (that includes Quinn and Moore).

MM is only fired if the team quits on him or if JJ sees that Cowboy games are being pulled from primetime.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's far too easy for a FO to hold its head coach at fault for that FO's miscues.
It's a sad story that reeks of inadequacy! Some things never change. :huh:

This is what unfortunately happens whenever incompetent folks take charge.

Mike McCarthy was neutered by Jerry Jones, the moment he applied for HC.

Last edited: