Yahoo Sports: Real reason behind T.O.’s exit from Dallas *merged*

skinswin

Benched
Reaction score
tunahelper;2816484 said:
I bet TO's inability to get a release of the jamming CB's played a role as well.
Yeah your right,cause shawn springs schooled him down in big D last year..

birdwells1

Reaction score
skinswin;2816900 said:

Wrong, TO torched the skins with 4 TDs the year before and they play man over coverage in 09 because they weren't going to let that happen again. Romo kept throwing to a well covered TO, that was the 20 passes thrown his way game, when he and Garrett should've used that to their advantage.

Mansta54

Reaction score
skinswin;2816900 said:

Ahh, as usual, you're leaving important info out. I know your football IQ is ZERO but try to stay with me. Springs had a good game against TO with Landry shadowing over the top. Tell the entire story...:rolleyes:

RoadRunner

Reaction score
So when do does Jones get some diapers for Tony? You have got to be kidding me. So every time we struggle, there will be a scapegoat that needs to be culled so little Tony's feelings don't get hurt. That's balogney and I refuse to believe that Tony Romo is so weak that he cannot take control of the team on his own.

Randy White

Reaction score
from me. Straight and to the point.

I was against the releasing of T.O. because I thought it was a year too soon. I expected this year to be T.O.'s last as a Cowboy. That the Joneses felt otherwise, and provided valid reasons why, is fair game in my book.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hostile;2816830 said:
It is interesting how he had no issue with Romo until Twitter huh? None existed last year int he locker room or the huddle?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Or it could just mean that TO came to believe that Romo wanted his release as well, as theogt pointed out... Maybe he started to believe rumors as well based upon a bunch of statements made by different people, including Jerry... The fact is, Romo himself said he missed TO not being around... And TO throughout the year called out Garrett specifically and how he was being used, and the offense being figured out... And none of what TO said can be disupted in regards to the offense, and even the TO haters implicitly admit it, but they blame it all on Garrett trying to force the ball to TO...

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more Owens made me sick. I really think him leaving will give Romo, Garrett, and Roy the incentive to work harder and prove him wrong. Because if they fail, it is squarely on their shoulders.

Factor in the 44-6 finale, Owens' comments, and the pressure of moving into that new stadium - if these guys don't come out ready to play footbal next year we may have severely overestimated our team's talent.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
khiladi;2817298 said:
Or it could just mean that TO came to believe that Romo wanted his release as well, as theogt pointed out... Maybe he started to believe rumors as well based upon a bunch of statements made by different people, including Jerry... The fact is, Romo himself said he missed TO not being around... And TO throughout the year called out Garrett specifically and how he was being used, and the offense being figured out... And none of what TO said can be disupted in regards to the offense, and even the TO haters implicitly admit it, but they blame it all on Garrett trying to force the ball to TO...
They called his number more than enough for a guy with eroding skills.

Now they don't have to worry about that, Buffalo does.