Yahoo :Tom Brady out for season (sources say) *Merge*

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
DALLAS D;2243777 said:
Brady done for the year

Patriots QB Tom Brady will miss the rest of the season due to a serious knee injury, reports Adam Schefter.

Not sure if anyone cited this source. But that makes two sources. Tough luck for the cheatriots.

Karma.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
Karma, its a _______. You can all fill in the blank.
Im sure there will be alot more injuries, figuratively speaking. There will be many jumping off the bandwagon..

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
If it is the ACL, then Brady might not play like himself until 2010. If you are the Pats GM, you have to begin to wonder how many years he has left.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2243821 said:
If it is the ACL, then Brady might not play like himself until 2010. If you are the Pats GM, you have to begin to wonder how many years he has left.

Hey, look on the bright side, he'll be that much cheaper when you guys sign him in 2023.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2243821 said:

ACL/PCL/MCL and then some imo. Look at the PIC. Oh, the agony...

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
tomson75;2243840 said:
Hey, look on the bright side, he'll be that much cheaper when you guys sign him in 2023.
Cheap? I do not know what this word means.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Eskimo;2243751 said:
I once had a patient with tri-ligamentous knee injury after getting hit by a car - it literally felt like his knee was being held together by a stick of gum. Only the LCL was intact. Now that was an unstable knee.

The thing about nerve injury is it should have been obvious as he was leaving the field. It wouldn't be a delayed complication.

The nerve can get worse over the next few hours or days or get better. I've seen people with both ligaments gone and not be unstable and others that couldn't be walked on. Depends on whether or not the ligaments are totally disrupted or shredded but still intact.

I hope the reports aren't true. That's a terrible injury and he didn't look like it was that bad to me. But then I didn't get to examine him either.

DT101

Reaction score
So do the Pats go with Cassel or sign a QB like Simms or Bollinger or possibly even Culpepper?

or Bledsoe :laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DT101;2243923 said:
So do the Pats go with Cassel or sign a QB like Simms or Bollinger or possibly even Culpepper?

or Bledsoe :laugh2:

They will sign a qb but Cassell will be the starter because he knows the offense.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Like i said earlier Karma has bit the pats right in the butt! It doesnt make me happy that he got hurt because i dont cheer for injuries well for Harrison i do cause he is the biggest scumbag in the NFL. but other than him i never root for injuries. I guess now we will see how much of a "genius" belicheat really is. You think he is getting him some top of the line cameras as we speak??? lol

Eskimo

Reaction score
jobberone;2243915 said:
The nerve can get worse over the next few hours or days or get better. I've seen people with both ligaments gone and not be unstable and others that couldn't be walked on. Depends on whether or not the ligaments are totally disrupted or shredded but still intact.

I hope the reports aren't true. That's a terrible injury and he didn't look like it was that bad to me. But then I didn't get to examine him either.

Hard to say how bad it is and where this 18 month timeline came from. Articular cartilage damage wouldn't be known until there is an MRI so I guess we won't know more about that until tomorrow.

18 months just seems like a very long time line to be talking about at this stage and with this little information.

Hopefully he is back next year.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
utrunner07;2243720 said:
There is absolutely no way at this point they can no if he is out for 6 months, 12 months, or 18 months....they will have to wait till the MRI is in...

Actually they can know fairly well and MRs are not always definitive. Arthroscopy is the gold standard not MRs which add data to the rest of the assessment but aren't always diagnostic.

And I'm only reporting what Shaffer is reporting. I haven't examined Brady.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I said last year that at some point, either last year or this coming year, that Karma would comeback and bite them in the butt for all those games where they ran up the scores just to simply pad their stats. Now they're reaping what they've sowed.

Unfortunate for Brady (cause I like him) but I expected this.