Yahoo :Tom Brady out for season (sources say) *Merge*

Kilyin

Reaction score
Not a surprise.

9cc17de8084b12c0a2f583a3808e11199146f312.jpg

Eskimo

Reaction score
18 months? Must be way worse than just ligamentous injury. I'm thinking major articular cartilage for that sort of timeframe which has to make you wonder if his career may be over.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
If that were true, what are the odds that he just retires?

The guy already has 3 rings.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Couldn't have happened to more arrogant guy. Maybe Rodney Harrison's cheap shots over the years are seen in a different perspective now?

utrunner07

Reaction score
jobberone;2243676 said:
Brady is out with a major knee injury for rest of season perhaps 18 months.

There is absolutely no way at this point they can no if he is out for 6 months, 12 months, or 18 months....they will have to wait till the MRI is in...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Eskimo;2243701 said:
18 months? Must be way worse than just ligamentous injury. I'm thinking major articular cartilage for that sort of timeframe which has to make you wonder if his career may be over.

My guess would be a MCL, ACL, and PCL with ???nerve involvement to go 18 months. It has to be an unstable knee since they don't have a MRI yet. And the fact they're even waiting until tomorrow makes you pause. That's if the reports are on target.

Adam Shaffer reporting it.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
When the NFLs star players get injured it dilutes the quality of competition and hurts the game. I don't know why anyone would be happy about this. I wish him a speedy recovery.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White;2243704 said:
If that were true, what are the odds that he just retires?

The guy already has 3 rings.
Interesting thought.

Already made millions. Has 3 rings. Could he really go Barry Sanders and walk away?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Eskimo;2243701 said:

That may just be a worst case scenario. He walked off. I've seen tons of ACL tears walk off, but the career threatening injuries I've never seen them walk off unless they have something like Justin Beriault had.

YAKUZA

Eskimo

Reaction score
jobberone;2243722 said:
My guess would be a MCL, ACL, and PCL with ???nerve involvement to go 18 months. It has to be an unstable knee since they don't have a MRI yet. And the fact they're even waiting until tomorrow makes you pause. That's if the reports are on target.

Adam Shaffer reporting it.

I once had a patient with tri-ligamentous knee injury after getting hit by a car - it literally felt like his knee was being held together by a stick of gum. Only the LCL was intact. Now that was an unstable knee.

The thing about nerve injury is it should have been obvious as he was leaving the field. It wouldn't be a delayed complication.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2243583 said:
There'll be tears flowing in the Nors household tonight...

MW - LOL

My Bledsoe history far exceeds the Brady Era. I'm not a Brady/Pats fan. Acknowledge what they have done this decade-

No tears flowing here candidly - weakens the AFC but those gloating in a players season ending injury are sad.....

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2243738 said:
Interesting thought.

Already made millions. Has 3 rings. Could he really go Barry Sanders and walk away?

Plus, Brady should have a bright future outside of football.

The guy is "Mr. America" he could be a broadcaster/media personality rather easily.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2243594 said:
Nah, he and his kid have long since passed out. Drinking beers and doing long jumps in your kitchen all night will do that to you.

Get a life candidly - that post is libelous and really just wrong.

Stick to thread topic - and keep the personal insults out of this.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
Brady done for the year

Patriots QB Tom Brady will miss the rest of the season due to a serious knee injury, reports Adam Schefter.

Not sure if anyone cited this source. But that makes two sources. Tough luck for the cheatriots.