Yakuza Rich: So Much For No Pass Rush

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2456143 said:
When you have one guy who has an outside shot of breaking the all time sack record, you're probably going to have a gap between the next guy. Doesn't mean the guys behind him are struggling ... Ratliff is currently 3rd in the NFL in sacks among interior linemen (the two ahead of him play in a 4-3) and Bradie James is currently leading NFL middle/inside linebackers in sacks. The Cowboys probably have more overall balance than Pittsburgh, who have Harrison and Woodley and then nobody.

Good point. When Strahan "broke" the sack record in 2001 with 22.5* sacks the next highest guys on the Giants had 6 each (Michael Barrow & Keith Hamilton). Also, they only had 46 sacks as a team, we are on pace to pass that by a good margin this season with 40 already.

When Mark Gastineau set the record with 22 sacks in 1984 the Jets only had 44 as a team. the next highest guys were Lance Mehl with 5.0 and Barry Bennett with 4.0. Gastineau had half of his team's sacks! Funny thing is, the Jets gave up 52 sacks that season!

I wouldn't be too concerned about what the other guys get so long as we get to the QB!

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2456152 said:
They are doing a great job on the sacks. I wish we were also at the top in INTs.

You can thank Dave Campo that we aren't. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

slick325

Reaction score
whcarm;2456127 said:
Unfortunately, those stats also show that we have to face the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 9th best pass rushing teams in the next four weeks. Let's hope our o-line is ready.

I was thinking the same thing. Dallas' OL has its work cut out for them.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
slick325;2456403 said:
I was thinking the same thing. Dallas' OL has its work cut out for them.

forged in a hot fire. It's not going to get any harder in the playoffs. Some may be easier. We get thru this and we deserve to go to a title game.