1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Y'all collect anything?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Nova, Jun 19, 2020.

1. YosemiteSam

YosemiteSam Unfriendly and Aloof!

46,291 Messages
    22,710 Likes Received
    Yes, but do you have face tattoos? :eek::D:laugh:

RGV_C_Los and aria like this.
  2. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

6,136 Messages
    5,610 Likes Received
    That sucks about it being stolen. Just a month ago I got done rebuilding my transmission and a few other things under the hood while the transmission was out (first time ever opening a transmission). My goal was to replace the clutch since it was making sounds and had 180,000 miles so I definitely got my moneys worth out of it. Put in a wavetrac lsd, new carbon synchros, sleeves, bearings, etc. It's crazy how effective this LSD is on low traction surfaces or when accelerating out of a turn. The engine is still stock and I plan on keeping it that way since it's been running great.

As for the clutch, the metal lips that hold the 4 springs started cracking and one lip broke off so it was just a shard rattling around the flywheel.

Nova likes this.
  3. aria

aria Well-Known Member

14,063 Messages
    13,343 Likes Received
    Haha...I’m not “that” serious and I have more than enough room left on the rest of my body.

YosemiteSam likes this.
  4. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

8,139 Messages
    21,883 Likes Received
    I collect shot glasses to places I visit as well. Not necessarily states but just destinations.
    I haven't but I like this idea. :thumbup:

I just saw an NSX like 3 days cruising through town. Just a beautiful car. Those, along with the Supras, are really increasing in price. So are clean Evo IXs. I had an Evo at one point, and man, that car was fun to drive. Would love another one at some point in life, but, we will see.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

19,191 Messages
    18,335 Likes Received
    I have started different collections over time but have gradually realized that the only things that really matter long term are collecting memories with my family and friends. So I have made a concerted effort to make and collect these as much as possible

RGV_C_Los, Nova and aria like this.
  6. Nova

Nova Ntegrase96

7,312 Messages
    7,895 Likes Received
    That’s pretty much the only mod I wanted but never got around to doing. I always thought it sucked that we didn’t get a 3rd gen RSX. They probably would have had the LSD standard since they had it on the Civic Si.

7. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

24,239 Messages
    41,542 Likes Received
    It all started with 45's and then to 33's and then to CD's. I stopped collecting music when I signed up for Apple Music because it's all there and too easy to access. I gave my 45 collection to a close friend who collected juke boxes, he had 8 in his rec room, all working. He did the count for me and it was a little over 2K.

When I moved to CD's, I put my album collection in boxes and storage in the basement in PA and had never had a basement before and didn't know to get pallets. Lost the entire collection to a leak the weekend before the president of the largest vinyl club in the world, the Keystone Record Exchange, was coming over to give me an offer for the 3,500 LP collection.

Had an estate sale when I sold my home in Dallas and in that was my CD collection that took up almost an entire hallway, right at 4K CD's. A guy in Denton bought the entire collection as well as the custom made shelves and he sent me a video of him and his family in his den with the CD's and listening to music, he was in heaven. I was really happy they'd ended up with someone that cherished them as I did. I was never not appreciative of my collection and every kind of music at my fingertips to fit or change a mood. My wife thought I was obsessive but I didn't have time to debate that with her as I was too busy building the collection. I also had a special shelf for her favorites because she could never remember how I sorted by categories. If you've ever seen "Diner" and remember the conversation with Daniel Stern and his wife, Ellen Barkin, I was almost that bad.

Now, I collect empty liquor bottles. I lost count because I don't keep them. I just keep the memories of the joy they brought me. There was an adventure and story in every bottle.

Nova, aria and cowboyec like this.
  8. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,909 Messages
    1,671 Likes Received
    Souls

RGV_C_Los, Nova and InTheZone like this.
  9. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

3,108 Messages
    1,384 Likes Received
    As a kid/teen I collected baseball cards and comics. Got rid of the baseball cards years ago and most of the comics that were worth anything (kept a bunch but just the different series that I liked).

Occasionally I pick up an action figure/collectable that interests me but it had been a while. Usually characters from movies I love or Cowboys related. I really liked the McFarlane NFL figures.

cowboyec likes this.
  10. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

19,963 Messages
    17,760 Likes Received
    I collect Trolls. They aren’t worth much, but it’s still fun.

Ranching and cowboyec like this.
  11. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

19,257 Messages
    22,340 Likes Received
    i have 3 of the Elvis McFarlane figures....i'd like to get some of the Cowboys players...graphics and likeness are really cool...better than the old starting lineup figures.

DanteEXT likes this.
  12. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

19,257 Messages
    22,340 Likes Received
    i love collecting Cowboys Team Photos...and media guudes.
    they are like time capsules.

13. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

25,676 Messages
    66,744 Likes Received
    Sunglasses and watches. I have over 40 pair of sunglasses, some I bought in the mid 80's when I was in HS. Mostly raybans, Oakley, Carrera, Gargoyles and Costas. I have about 20 watches, most aren't worth much but have sentimental value. Three Rolexs, all from big moments in my life. One I bought after my first big real estate flip in the 90's, one when I became a HC in 2003 and the next from my first District title in 2004. I was gonna get another when I retired a few years ago, but I got another toy instead. I have have about 20 autographed football helmets. A few from Cowboy legends, most from my teams that won titles. Junior High and HS.

RGV_C_Los, Nova and cowboyec like this.
  14. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

9,386 Messages
    6,645 Likes Received
    "lbs" and I ain't happy about it

15. Crazed Liotta Eyes

Crazed Liotta Eyes Well-Known Member

1,488 Messages
    3,179 Likes Received
    I hear you man. The getting old metabolism is doing me no favors these days. I need to get back to working out.

aria and yimyammer like this.