CFZ Ya'll have got to chill with the overreactions

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Screw your sensitive bs. You literally said Noah brown cost us the game.

Then when I challenged you you claim you didn't say it.

You...are a liar.

I'm not being sensitive. You're not offending me, though I think you're attacking me personally a bit for no reason. I think you're misinterpreting what I meant by what I said. My point was people are blaming him, Dak, the owner, the GM, McClay, Kellen, Quinn, etc. when it isn't one single person responsible for it. That play didn't COST us the game, but it was the end of the game. My point wasn't to blame him for the play, it was just saying to take a step back before being ready to cut half the team/staff.

Flamma

Reaction score
I understand this is what football fans do, but jeez there is zero perspective in every single one of these threads.

Brown drops the ball and costs us the game...cut Dak, Dak's not the guy, etc...Then it's cut Brown he's not the guy either. Fire Will McClay, This is Mike McCarthy's fault, Kellen Moore, blah blah blah. Many Cowboys fans out here acting like children after a loss. Keep in mind that the Chiefs went to overtime with the Texans today and the overreacting has a lot to do with us struggling against them last week too.

What it really comes down to right now is we have to be able to run the ball and get stops on defense. Today we were running the ball pretty well, but the defense played their worst game. I agree that Kelvin Joseph isn't it. But at the end of the day unless Trayvon Mullen is better then we don't really have a choice. It's not ideal when you lose two starting DB's. Then Vander Esch/Hankins being out really hurt our ability to stop the run. We weren't consistently getting pressure, but also Trevor Lawrence was slippery and hard to bring down and kept extending plays with his legs.

Now on the flip side, we haven't been THAT bad against the run every game. Hopefully we will get Hankins back at some point and Vander Esch as well. We have to do better there, but if we do the biggest concern will be the secondary. Hopefully Mullen comes in and has a shot at starting at some point.

No matter what you see said. Or whoever you see being blamed. I think it's a reaction to the realization we're not contenders. Fans want a SB, not to just make the playoffs.

It's also not just 27 years. It's the fact we've only been legit contenders in 3 of those years, 2007, 2014, and 2016 to some extent. The rest are either bad years, average years, or years with promise that flop at some point during the season where we all know this team isn't for real. Like last year, and this year.

starfan1

Reaction score
You blamed this loss on Noah. You....are an idiot.
there is plenty of blame to go around. But that pass hit him right in the bread basket. I blame dak for first pick that was momentum changer but I give him 0 responsibility on the overtime pick. the only thing more he could have done was catch it for him.

I blame moore for the long pass on 3rd and 10 instead of something simple to keep clock moving and force them to use their final timeout if it was Dak that audibiled into it then his ******* is at fault. That was a horrible situational call but the biggest culprit was the defense

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Until we can learn how to build a football team I'm rooting for another first round loss in the playoffs. I want the FO to suffer another long off season.

We show flashes of being the best team in the league and then we have games like today and last week. So yes, I want everybody to be on the hot seat again this off-season.
I absolutely agree with you.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Over reaction:facepalm::laugh:Quarterback really had a great day minus 2 int's. 34 point's...Coach McTime fail again. Kellen Moore during nothing to save his quarterback from himself. Defense playing like lamb's versus Lions. Naw, we not overreacting. We all seen this movie before and know how it ends.... With -Screaming and hollering.
OIP.dLfS6jisT7SgzwC6CGxuGQHaFj

Last edited:

Bermystar12

Reaction score
I understand this is what football fans do, but jeez there is zero perspective in every single one of these threads.

Brown drops the ball and costs us the game...cut Dak, Dak's not the guy, etc...Then it's cut Brown he's not the guy either. Fire Will McClay, This is Mike McCarthy's fault, Kellen Moore, blah blah blah. Many Cowboys fans out here acting like children after a loss. Keep in mind that the Chiefs went to overtime with the Texans today and the overreacting has a lot to do with us struggling against them last week too.

What it really comes down to right now is we have to be able to run the ball and get stops on defense. Today we were running the ball pretty well, but the defense played their worst game. I agree that Kelvin Joseph isn't it. But at the end of the day unless Trayvon Mullen is better then we don't really have a choice. It's not ideal when you lose two starting DB's. Then Vander Esch/Hankins being out really hurt our ability to stop the run. We weren't consistently getting pressure, but also Trevor Lawrence was slippery and hard to bring down and kept extending plays with his legs.

Now on the flip side, we haven't been THAT bad against the run every game. Hopefully we will get Hankins back at some point and Vander Esch as well. We have to do better there, but if we do the biggest concern will be the secondary. Hopefully Mullen comes in and has a shot at starting at some point.

If you ask for posters to ease up with over reactions (btw I completely agree), you should probably avoid blatant exageration yourself. There are a few level minded threads here.

cmoney23

Reaction score

Well Said.

Completely agree.

mrcowboys40

Reaction score
We're 10-4 and have a squad that can compete. Tyron Smith at RT will be huge. Hilton coming in as another target should open the passing game up a bit, which will only benefit the run game. Need to figure out CB2, MLB, and NT immediately. Q has his work cut out for him, but let's not pretend that defense doesn't have some serious talent.

People are going to vent, and that's fine. We're SB favorites one week and donkeys the next. That's the nature of the NFL. Alot can happen in the next month. Every year we see favorites fall flat and dogs rise to the occasion at just the right time. Anything can happen, and I'm far from ready to give up on this team now. Just get in the tournament and give it hell. It's going to be a ride, but this is far from over.

What a playoff one and done team. Same BS for 27 years

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO the root cause of the overreactions is that the fanbase has seen so many promising teams fall on their face. As soon as there are signs of it happening again, it triggers fanbase wide PTSD.

The reaction is b/c these past 2 weeks we have struggled against the worst team in the NFL and a team that was 6-8. So, its not like we are playing the Bills and Chiefs but coming up short.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
there is plenty of blame to go around. But that pass hit him right in the bread basket. I blame dak for first pick that was momentum changer but I give him 0 responsibility on the overtime pick. the only thing more he could have done was catch it for him.

I blame moore for the long pass on 3rd and 10 instead of something simple to keep clock moving and force them to use their final timeout if it was Dak that audibiled into it then his ******* is at fault. That was a horrible situational call but the biggest culprit was the defense
Yep....a team loss if ever there was.
Thats why i found it so foolish when he said noah lost the game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not being sensitive. You're not offending me, though I think you're attacking me personally a bit for no reason. I think you're misinterpreting what I meant by what I said. My point was people are blaming him, Dak, the owner, the GM, McClay, Kellen, Quinn, etc. when it isn't one single person responsible for it. That play didn't COST us the game, but it was the end of the game. My point wasn't to blame him for the play, it was just saying to take a step back before being ready to cut half the team/staff.
Sorry....but i can only go by what you said. Literally....in one sentence ....blamed noah for losing.

I always go nuts after a loss like this. Sorry for a dumb insult.:oops:
:)

erod

Reaction score
The Green Bay and Jax games define this team.

That's not overreaction. That's just what this team is.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am only overreacting to the injuries which are piling up on defense. Losing 2 guys per game is a bad trend. Missing 2 CBs, the MLB, NT and now the second best DE on the team is going to hurt going forward. If they can get back for the playoffs, maybe Dallas can make a run but without all those guys it is going to hurt. Playoff teams will take advantage of all the backups, as Jacksonville did yesterday.

As far as the game is concerned, the last 1:28 of regulation was one Dallas mistake after another. The highlight was the long incomplete pass to Brown which stopped the clock. But the short punt, the two receivers getting out of bounds and the 19 yard completion to Zay Jones all hurt Dallas. I think there was a near miss sack in their too. It was just a short period where everything went right for the Jags and wrong for Dallas.

Now we could argue that it never should have been that close, but the Jags exposed the weaknesses in the Dallas defense yesterday, mostly the result of missing players, like LVE. In a way it was bound to happen. Now Dan Quinn can start working on a plan to make some of the issues. But I am sure he'd like to have LVE and Hankins back this week for the Eagles game.

Cowboys0988

Reaction score
There is no such thing as an "overreaction' when the Boys are 27 years removed from their last Super Bowl appearance and just as long without playing in a conference championship. Fans have the right and should be mad.

As if being mad or critical makes someone less of a fan that a koolaid drinker. Yall stans are weirdos.

PsychoMatt

Reaction score

Teams win and lose as teams. All this bologna that it's Daks fault its browns fault. Look I'm upset about losing too, been a fan since 66. They'll eventually get where they need to be, until then enough of the negative horse poopie

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Until we can learn how to build a football team I'm rooting for another first round loss in the playoffs. I want the FO to suffer another long off season.

We show flashes of being the best team in the league and then we have games like today and last week. So yes, I want everybody to be on the hot seat again this off-season.

Loser talk.

Instead of winning in the playoffs I hope we lose so people are on the hot Seat? Makes no sense.

Steve007

Reaction score
If you want to be happy realize this game was meaningless. The Cowboys weren’t going to get the #1 because the Eagles schedule doesn’t pose a threat from here on out. The #5 seed is close to a lock at this point, so maybe they can get their heads screwed on straight, get TY Hilton up to speed, and make a run in the playoffs.
The only playoff run the cowboys are going to have is running off the field after their one and done.

Steve007

Reaction score
Teams win and lose as teams. All this bologna that it's Daks fault its browns fault. Look I'm upset about losing too, been a fan since 66. They'll eventually get where they need to be, until then enough of the negative horse poopie
The cowboys pattern over the last 30 years justifies the negativity. Jerry Jones has proven that he cant get where they need to be and it wont get better with his son.