CFZ Ya'll have got to chill with the overreactions

Havic

Reaction score
Not an overreaction Dak has almost the most INT's in the league at this point. He was able to get away with it because we were winning, now more people understand the problem. Finally.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Until we can learn how to build a football team I'm rooting for another first round loss in the playoffs. I want the FO to suffer another long off season.

We show flashes of being the best team in the league and then we have games like today and last week. So yes, I want everybody to be on the hot seat again this off-season.

When the FO is managed by the guy who owns the team, they don’t suffer anything.

Just us

Cydios

Reaction score
But according to some...

522d3ba91ab7bcf697bdf2e1a0a4d71d.jpg

Right! It's literally the same formula year over year.. get your hopes up and then win a few late year games barely to bad teams and lose in the playoffs. Last year it was the dynamic offense, 2nd half they disappeared. This year it's the defense.

morat1959

Reaction score
I understand this is what football fans do, but jeez there is zero perspective in every single one of these threads.

Brown drops the ball and costs us the game...cut Dak, Dak's not the guy, etc...Then it's cut Brown he's not the guy either. Fire Will McClay, This is Mike McCarthy's fault, Kellen Moore, blah blah blah. Many Cowboys fans out here acting like children after a loss. Keep in mind that the Chiefs went to overtime with the Texans today and the overreacting has a lot to do with us struggling against them last week too.

What it really comes down to right now is we have to be able to run the ball and get stops on defense. Today we were running the ball pretty well, but the defense played their worst game. I agree that Kelvin Joseph isn't it. But at the end of the day unless Trayvon Mullen is better then we don't really have a choice. It's not ideal when you lose two starting DB's. Then Vander Esch/Hankins being out really hurt our ability to stop the run. We weren't consistently getting pressure, but also Trevor Lawrence was slippery and hard to bring down and kept extending plays with his legs.

Now on the flip side, we haven't been THAT bad against the run every game. Hopefully we will get Hankins back at some point and Vander Esch as well. We have to do better there, but if we do the biggest concern will be the secondary. Hopefully Mullen comes in and has a shot at starting at some point.
This team is not going to the SB….period.

conner01

Reaction score
Until we can learn how to build a football team I'm rooting for another first round loss in the playoffs. I want the FO to suffer another long off season.

We show flashes of being the best team in the league and then we have games like today and last week. So yes, I want everybody to be on the hot seat again this off-season.
Then why are you even here?
If you are cheering for losses then why even come here

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I watched what Houston did last week and what a rookie QB did this week, so yeah, I'm am totally serious about DQ.

Did you see what Houston did with KC this week? Dan Quinn has been great. The defense wasn't great this game but can you not look at his overall resume in Dallas and see how the defense has transformed for the better? Who are you replacing Dan Quinn with? Btw if we fired him tmrrw he'd a head coach somewhere the next day.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
No, you may not. But some posters absolutely sound like they need a therapist lol. But before I bite, are you really serious about DQ?
Blaming Quinn is a serious reach. Both tackles went down, and the Cowboys still couldn't get the QB on the ground. Of course, some of that was just Lawrence being talented. I was blown away by some of the sacks he got out of. There's a reason he was the top pick in the draft.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Blaming Quinn is a serious reach. Both tackles went down, and the Cowboys still couldn't get the QB on the ground. Of course, some of that was just Lawrence being talented. I was blown away by some of the sacks he got out of. There's a reason he was the top pick in the draft.

Good points. We had a harder time getting pressure today than we usually do, but that hasn't been a consistent issue with Dan Quinn. It's been quite the opposite. And people are going to start learning that Trevor is the real deal and might be a generational talent. Jags aren't a bad team. Not a team we should lose too. But imagine if some of these guys were Bills fans in Duval last year, I was at that game. That fanbase counted it a win before the game ever took place and the Jaguars won lol.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
This team just can't sustain success. All they had to do was make a 1sr down after the last fumble recovery. That's all.

Precisely.
This loss doesn't phase me one bit. I promised myself I wouldn't let the 'Boys get my hopes up this year no matter how good they might look at some point this year. Nearly every year there's a streak of wins that might make some fans hopeful of a long playoff run. And every one of those years those fans are let down.
It's exactly all there is to expect.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Good points. We had a harder time getting pressure today than we usually do, but that hasn't been a consistent issue with Dan Quinn. It's been quite the opposite. And people are going to start learning that Trevor is the real deal and might be a generational talent. Jags aren't a bad team. Not a team we should lose too. But imagine if some of these guys were Bills fans in Duval last year, I was at that game. That fanbase counted it a win before the game ever took place and the Jaguars won lol.
Exactly. All NFL teams have good players, including the Jags. I think the injuries are really starting to take their toll for Dallas and Micah is clearly worn down.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Then why are you even here?
If you are cheering for losses then why even come here

Why do you care? If we're going to play like this then I want another first round loss. I think I explained myself in the original post. Any other dumb questions?

terra

Reaction score
I understand this is what football fans do, but jeez there is zero perspective in every single one of these threads.

Brown drops the ball and costs us the game...cut Dak, Dak's not the guy, etc...Then it's cut Brown he's not the guy either. Fire Will McClay, This is Mike McCarthy's fault, Kellen Moore, blah blah blah. Many Cowboys fans out here acting like children after a loss. Keep in mind that the Chiefs went to overtime with the Texans today and the overreacting has a lot to do with us struggling against them last week too.

What it really comes down to right now is we have to be able to run the ball and get stops on defense. Today we were running the ball pretty well, but the defense played their worst game. I agree that Kelvin Joseph isn't it. But at the end of the day unless Trayvon Mullen is better then we don't really have a choice. It's not ideal when you lose two starting DB's. Then Vander Esch/Hankins being out really hurt our ability to stop the run. We weren't consistently getting pressure, but also Trevor Lawrence was slippery and hard to bring down and kept extending plays with his legs.

Now on the flip side, we haven't been THAT bad against the run every game. Hopefully we will get Hankins back at some point and Vander Esch as well. We have to do better there, but if we do the biggest concern will be the secondary. Hopefully Mullen comes in and has a shot at starting at some point.
So did Jerry pay you to post this or did you volunteer?

Loso86

Reaction score
Our definition of bad losses changes when our team is pretty good. Two of our four losses this year went to overtime and we consider them bad losses. Not saying there isn't reason for concern, I just find it kind of funny.
No 2 BAD losses, both times second half UP 27- 10 here and 28-14 against the pack. That CANNOT happen

vig454

Reaction score

Right, cause we haven't seen this show before.:huh::facepalm:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

No overreaction.
Jerry's $40 mil wunderkind is overrated. The team cannot rally around someone such as Dak.
Dak and the D kept on beating bad teams and had a hard time doing it.
The first credible team he meets in a long time he throws 2 INTs, one pick-6 and ... Gets tha lost look with mouth open when he knows he and team are falling short.

I went all give Dak this:
Dak tried his best to overcome the LOUSIEST DEFENSE IN THE NFL on Sunday.
And 23-30 passing and 256 yards are not bad.

But Dak is snakebit.
He will never arise and conquer even a Middlin team in the playoffs.