News: YB: Brent Musburger Not Impressed With Tony Romo As Broadcaster

haleyrules

Reaction score
Musberger was OK years ago when he worked at CBS and did some great fight stuff. Recent yrs...he has aged and his remarks about Romo, while maybe true, were petty and out of line. There was basically no need for it. Romo will get better the longer he is away from the game and forgets the playbook.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo has been better than I expected. But I do not think he should be calling out plays before they happen. I think that's just showing off and it will get old. I'd rather watch the play happen and if something significant happens teach us about how that play developed, etc.
I agree with this take. I don't want the play predicted by anyone, not just Romo.

diefree666

Reaction score
Mushmouth is just jealous because he NEVER got the praise Tony is already getting.
As regards those that do not like the predictions

Who cares what a couple out of a hundred think? Dry up and blow away

As regards to Brent having an opinion....

well you know the old saying about opinions and Aholes?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Tony Romo has drawn rave reviews from many NFL fans during his first month calling NFL regular season games, but one legendary broadcaster has not been the slightest bit impressed with the former quarterback’s work.
Brent Musburger, who officially retired from calling games earlier this year to pursue a sports handicapping business, told the Vegas Stats & Information Network this week that he believes Romo is off to a terrible start.

“Tony, get off it,” Musburger said. “First of all, you’re intruding on your play-by-play man, Jim Nantz, whose just trying to give us the scene. We like to watch the game, OK? … The more years you spend away from the league, you’re gonna know less and less about the personnel that’s out on the field. So I’m blowing a ‘stop the hype’ right now.”

Read More Here
Brent, would it help if Tony wore a bikini fer ye?

Tony might Be a has-been player who never took our team deep into the playoffs and is an amateur broadcaster, but he IS OUR HAS-BEEN PLAYER WHO NEVER TOOK HIS TEAM DEEP INTO THE PLAYOFFS AND IS AN AMATEUR BROADCASTER!!!!

Zman5

Reaction score
He's crazy to think Romo will keep doing this when he knows he can't do it well. Romo is one smart dude. He'll evolve.