Yeah, the stinking Commanders dont have a 2nd & 4th next year in 2007 draft

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:
Answer this question, Hostile:..

Hurry Hostile...hurry, hurry...before right now becomes the past!

:star:
Stupid Cowboy fans...!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Phew! I'm relieved to see its not just me. But then again, maybe we're all just "wired" the same way....:)
It isn't something to brag about.

DGreenFan87

Reaction score
so, why is this news?

we all know gibbs would rather have proven guys than draft picks. that's just his style. we'll see once again if it works for him or not this season.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
riggo said:
you'll find this with some posters. its not you... in case you were wondering.

its amazing what one grasps at after one bad season. :(

That is TRUE!

"its amazing what one grasps at after GOOD bad season"...

Commanders LOgiC! :eek:

:lmao:

jrockster77

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Dude, wat is up with the indicator of 2006 season? Where does that come from?

Do you know what "living in the past" even is? It means hanging on to thing slong gone. Like Super Bowl XXVII or XXII. When people tell you or me to "quit living in the past" about our respective teams it is about the pride we have in those games.

jrockster77 said:
Ummm...you're the one with a limited understanding of the phrase. "Using the past to alleviate current circumstances" is the meaning of "living in the past," in the context of my post. SB22 and the 5 Cowboy superbowls are hardly current, as you yourself have pointed out many, many times.

See...it was just a communication breakdown. We've got different definitions for the phrase. I believe you knew exactly what I was talking about, you just wanted to argue for the sake of arguing. That's cool...whatever.

So on one hand you're gushing about the 2nd quarter of Super Bowl 22. And in the next statement you're telling someone to "stop living in the past."

I would hardly call it gushing...it was a flippant remark.

That doesn't strike you as just the least bit ironic? For the love of clear thought why?

Not one bit, given my definition of "living in the past."

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Its a simple philosophy...trade a draft pick or two for a proven talent, or use that pick on a potential bust. One method guarantees you'll get someone who can perform at the NFL level, and one method guarantees nothing.

Joe and the Skins just opt for the safe-bet...and I'm fine with that! :)
Yeah with Joe's Drafting habits maybe that is the best thing for you...

:lmao2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:
Are you intentionally being obtuse??

Let me answer that question for Hostile..if he don't mind?

Yeah, Hostile is being obtuse...! He's a troll!

:dissskin:

jrockster77

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Let me answer that question for Hostile..if he don't mind?

Yeah, Hostile is being obtuse...! He's a troll!

:dissskin:

You would have to have a vocabulary level higher than 5th grade to even know what it means...nice try, though.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
And the award for most uninformed post goes to....2233boys.
Why is that uninformed? I think uninformed, is Joe on Draft day, but hey that is just me... Look at the last two drafts as evidence... Take your time, get back to me...

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
You would have to have a vocabulary level higher than 5th grade to even know what it means...nice try, though.
You are on a roll... Bagging on someone else's understanding of the word obtuse...

jrockster77

Reaction score
2233boys said:
Why is that uninformed? I think uninformed, is Joe on Draft day, but hey that is just me... Look at the last two drafts as evidence... Take your time, get back to me...

Well considering that it takes at least 3 years to evaluate a draft class, looking at the past two years is pointless. But since you're the one making the comments, maybe you should do the research. (this oughta be good for a laugh).

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Well considering that it takes at least 3 years to evaluate a draft class, looking at the past two years is pointless. But since you're the one making the comments, maybe you should do the research. (this oughta be good for a laugh).
You can get a good idea, when someone reaches on his highest picks two straight years.

jrockster77

Reaction score
2233boys said:
You are on a roll... Bagging on someone else's understanding of the word obtuse...
Another one who doesn't know what the word means...

Here, I'll settle this:

obtuse:
  • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]of an angle; between 90 and 180 degrees[/SIZE][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]of a leaf shape; rounded at the apex[/SIZE][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]lacking in insight or discernment; "too obtuse to grasp the implications of his behavior"; "a purblind oligarchy that flatly refused to see that history was condemning it to the dustbin"- Jasper Griffin[/SIZE][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]dense: slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity; "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"; "never met anyone quite so dim"; "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"- Thackeray; "dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"; "he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"; "worked with the slow students"[/SIZE][/SIZE]

jrockster77

Reaction score
2233boys said:
You can get a good idea, when someone reaches on his highest picks two straight years.

Are you saying ST at #5 and Rogers at #9 were reaches???

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Another one who doesn't know what the word means...

Here, I'll settle this:

obtuse:
  • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]of an angle; between 90 and 180 degrees[/SIZE][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]of a leaf shape; rounded at the apex[/SIZE][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]lacking in insight or discernment; "too obtuse to grasp the implications of his behavior"; "a purblind oligarchy that flatly refused to see that history was condemning it to the dustbin"- Jasper Griffin[/SIZE][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]dense: slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity; "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"; "never met anyone quite so dim"; "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"- Thackeray; "dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"; "he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"; "worked with the slow students"[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Wow, you are bagging on the one fella for not knowing the meaning of a word, I post you are on a roll, bagging on the guy and now I don't know the meaning of the word either???

Quite a leap there...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:

Stop making fun of me! Stop calling me stupid! I'm in the 4th grade...THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Why do you always want to pick on me! :(

Just because I have a good dog...why are you RedStink fans always picking on me! :(

I was only teasing...I mean...I, uh...:lmao:

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Are you saying ST at #5 and Rogers at #9 were reaches???
No I said reaching in 2 straight drafts didn't indicate which ones. Frick I forgot you had two last year... :banghead:

I meant Campbell and McIntosh...

Oh well, my slam failed...

Rogers was a decent pick... Taylor was a better pick, and passing over Winslow even a better choice.. :bang2: