Yep Slow out of the gate again

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Here's how the board responses will be for these type of threads will be over the next couple of weeks

1. Be patient, FA hasn't even started yet! (number 1 today)
2. We are likely negotiating with our own but we'll eventually get active
3. This player wanted too much money so signing tier 4 FA has more value
4. We could've signed X player if Y players contract wasn't taking up so much space
5. We are just going to build through the draft

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
As of 2:27 on the NFL network free agency tracker, the Cowboys are one of four teams yet to do anything.

Jerry's biding his time just preparing to rain fire on the market. .

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL.

Surprise, surprise.

Jerry likely BS'd Cowboys Nation............. again.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep Slow out of the gate again

Here's JJ and his boys letting others get the jump out of the gate in FA.
This is exactly what was expected. How could you be disappointed? I'm glad they aren't overpaying. All that is happening today.

NO team is getting a jump on the Cowboys. This was the plan all along and I'll bet you knew it.

Sydla

Reaction score
As of 2:27 on the NFL network free agency tracker, the Cowboys are one of four teams yet to do anything.

Jerry's biding his time just preparing to rain fire on the market. .
LOL.

They are literally always one of the last teams to do anything in FA the last few years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Here's how the board responses will be for these type of threads will be over the next couple of weeks

1. Be patient, FA hasn't even started yet! (number 1 today)
2. We are likely negotiating with our own but we'll eventually get active
3. This player wanted too much money so signing tier 4 FA has more value
4. We could've signed X player if Y players contract wasn't taking up so much space
5. We are just going to build through the draft
nope, the number one would be expecting the every team in the NFL is gonna start three days early when it isn't even free agency officially starts on the 14th I believe I may have the number wrong but it'd be people like you freaking out and saying that we're slow out of the gate when it officially it hasn't even began and the fact that there's probably at least four players deep in every position available with more becoming available before and after the draft all the way up till game 1-6 months from now and all the way through the trade deadline but yeah let's overreact that'd be the number one reaction of this board so you'd be wrong your post should be #1 on that list the way early overreactions to the Dallas Cowboys allegedly being late to something that technically hasn't started... Yup put yourself number one on the list

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
This is exactly what was expected. How could you be disappointed? I'm glad they aren't overpaying. All that is happening today.

NO team is getting a jump on the Cowboys. This was the plan all along and I'll bet you knew it.
It looks strangely familiar to the same plan they have used for the past 20 plus years.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
They aren't going to be looking in the direction of the gate, let alone opening it or moving through it.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol! Yup, and those that wanted to blow it up are complaining because we're blowing it up.
LOL, they aren't blowing up anything. If they were blowing this up, Dak would be out, McCarthy would be out, etc.

They are doing the same thing they do every year. Think they are better than they are, ignore FAs that can immediately plug holes, instead sifting through the bargain bin for cross your fingers and hope type signings.

John813

Reaction score
You'll hear rumors of a restructure when the Cowboys are close to signing anyone

Sydla

Reaction score
One of my favorite things about the start of each offseason is the rationalizations that go on when the Cowboys let FA go by without any significant improvements each year.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
You can if you want to win for one year which all of us would take because what there doing isn’t working
This team isn't one player away, it has reached its peak, three years of 12 wins and fell on their face in the playoffs with a QB making 59 million that can't get it done against good and playoff teams...it make ZERO sense to extend him to create cap room when Zeke and Collins are costing money on the cap in dead money already, they're cutting Gallop and have pushed Martins money to future years to get under the cap this year, so there a ton of dead cap money next year when he may not be back...