Yep Slow out of the gate again

Staubacher

Reaction score
What's different is they are not even trying to re-sign their guys. Biadasz, Pollard, Armstrong were all starters. At some point losing those players is going to hurt, especially if you do not replace them with equal or better players. The Cowboys will e going into the draft with a lot of holes to fill and only 7 picks.
And there won't be any Day 1 starters from the 2024 draft. Maybe one at most. Look at the 2023 draft for proof

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
no, the overreactions hours into this process before rosters put together and built and the games are played, proves my point but thank you for showing me who you are buh bye ...

yeah i don't know anybody who builds an entire roster in day one of free agency NON -Tampering period.. Not even the 14th the true start date..
whatever you say bud lol

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
thats the reason the cowboys havent won anything in thirty years they are never prepared for any part of the season its pretty simple that when you have simpletons running the team this is what you get

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Everyone in a panic watching these RBs sign elswhere. For once I agree with JJ, hold steady and either draft a RB are sign a second tier RB.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Always slow out the gate. They believe the guys signed on day one or two are too expensive. You get what you pay for, unless you're a Cowboys season ticket holder.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At this point, I don’t even care. I genuinely don’t invest true emotions into it — we all know the FO isn’t truly committed to winning.

Same song and dance every damn year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Here's JJ and his boys letting others get the jump out of the gate in FA.
I know fans hate it but it was expected. With the big contracts we have coming up we can’t afford high priced free agents. We’re looking for mid to low tier signings.

Smith22

Reaction score
I know fans hate it but it was expected. With the big contracts we have coming up we can’t afford high priced free agents. We’re looking for mid to low tier signings.
That and it is pretty common for day 1 FAs to be overpaid. It is probably worse this year with the bigger cap increase.

kumizi

Reaction score
Cowboys have decided the current team can’t get it done and are looking towards the next window.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Not sure what you guys are complaining about. Cowboys representatives have been frequenting their typical free agent haunts. Sadly, it's too early in the game for these bins to contain viable product.

giphy.gif

kevm3

Reaction score
We let players walk, have the same head coach and we're letting the teams that have been beating us down the past few years GET BETTER while we do nothing.

It's going to take a player like Micah leaving because he doesn't want to waste his career to wake the Jones boys up and even then I don't know if that will do anything.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That and it is pretty common for day 1 FAs to be overpaid. It is probably worse this year with the bigger cap increase.
Most of them aren’t worth the money and seldom do they play as well for the teams that sign them as they did for their original teams. Once some of them get paid they lose their motivation and you end up getting burned.

kumizi

Reaction score
There isn't a next window with this FO.
I think they know a Dak and McCarthy combo can’t win the Super Bowl.

They don’t know which direction to go yet so they’re playing this year out. New QB? New head coach? Maybe both?