Yep Slow out of the gate again

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Here's JJ and his boys letting others get the jump out of the gate in FA.
of course. you know the usual spin. we don't want to tie ourselves up. it has to be a fit. we don't want to skim on other areas with just one player. we have a plan. we like our guys. the usual as I mentioned.

so Jerry said we are all in, but under his breath what you did hear him say is "with all the cheap FAs"....he said it very quietly

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look I’m the last guy to defend this front office but it’s a little early to say we aren’t “doing anything”. The first FA guys out of the gate were never realistically going to be “affordable” for this team.

Plus big names don’t always = big performance. I’m going to wait and see before declaring this FA period a disaster. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of time to dish that out if it’s warranted.

And based on past performance, this FO is rarely on the cutting edge of top notch front office roster construction.. My expectations are always extremely low but it’s still to early to declare this a complete disaster.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Brandon Carr strikes again…

Them Jones boys let Carr get in their heads. Now they go the most extreme opposite direction.

Not saying they should overpay for everyone, but there are good FAs out there, that could help us out more than being a “depth” piece…I’d like a big fish every now and then, don’t have to do it every year but man cmon. We all just wanna get better

McKDaddy

Reaction score
they aren't even near the gate, much less trying to come out quickly.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
nope, the number one would be expecting the every team in the NFL is gonna start three days early when it isn't even free agency officially starts on the 14th I believe I may have the number wrong but it'd be people like you freaking out and saying that we're slow out of the gate when it officially it hasn't even began and the fact that there's probably at least four players deep in every position available with more becoming available before and after the draft all the way up till game 1-6 months from now and all the way through the trade deadline but yeah let's overreact that'd be the number one reaction of this board so you'd be wrong your post should be #1 on that list the way early overreactions to the Dallas Cowboys allegedly being late to something that technically hasn't started... Yup put yourself number one on the list
So this unnecessarily long reply is just you saying "Be patient, FA hasn't even started yet" which just proves my point. Soooo not sure what you thought you were accomplishing here lol

Jarntt

Reaction score
In Dallas we only need one phone and don't even need to turn it on...

Sydla

Reaction score
Look I’m the last guy to defend this front office but it’s a little early to say we aren’t “doing anything”. The first FA guys out of the gate were never realistically going to be “affordable” for this team.

Plus big names don’t always = big performance. I’m going to wait and see before declaring this FA period a disaster. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of time to dish that out if it’s warranted.

And based on past performance, this FO is rarely on the cutting edge of top notch front office roster construction.. My expectations are always extremely low but it’s still to early to declare this a complete disaster.
Maybe but come on, we know where this is going.

Jerry's "all in" was just more classic Cowboys gaslighting. We'll do the same thing we've done for the last 6-7 offseasons.

Our strategy is sit on our hands for days and hope and pray maybe some nice FA falls through the cracks to us and if not, just load up on some bargain bin slop.

It's frustrating but totally expected.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So this unnecessarily long reply is just you saying "Be patient, FA hasn't even started yet" which just proves my point. Soooo not sure what you thought you were accomplishing here lol
no, the overreactions hours into this process before rosters put together and built and the games are played, proves my point but thank you for showing me who you are buh bye ...

yeah i don't know anybody who builds an entire roster in day one of free agency NON -Tampering period.. Not even the 14th the true start date..

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
What's different is they are not even trying to re-sign their guys. Biadasz, Pollard, Armstrong were all starters. At some point losing those players is going to hurt, especially if you do not replace them with equal or better players. The Cowboys will e going into the draft with a lot of holes to fill and only 7 picks.
Jsut because they’re starters, doesn’t mean they were good starters. I’m ok with moving on from all three of those guys

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe but come on, we know where this is going.

Jerry's "all in" was just more classic Cowboys gaslighting. We'll do the same thing we've done for the last 6-7 offseasons.

Our strategy is sit on our hands for days and hope and pray maybe some nice FA falls through the cracks to us and if not, just load up on some bargain bin slop.

It's frustrating but totally expected.
Syd I agree. The only thing I’m saying is:
1. I didn’t expect these guys to suddenly get the FA religion.
2. It is still too early to know what this team will do if anything. No I don’t expect them to do anything but you can’t declare a body dead before they are officially dead, lol.

Creeper

Reaction score
I was hoping Dallas would make a splash in free agency this year and go all in, but truth be told, I did not expect it. Jerry is going to try to do it his way no matter how many times he fails.

But, at the same time, I thought he would try to sign some of his own free agent players. From what we can tell, he hasn't even made an attempt to do that. This team needs bad press in the worst way.

If he is betting on the draft to fix this team we are in for a rough season.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys front office is just like the team in the playoffs ........ come out flat and start slow.

Jayinem

Reaction score
They don't buy clothes at Dillards. They shop at Goodwill.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Board Ops should all take a vacation the same week and shut the board down.

They should schedule it the first week of FA because the Cowboys don't do squat.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
This is what all in looks like from the Jones boys lol. These guys have been fleecing us for years did you think they would actually be all in?

Cowboys93

Reaction score
They’re quietly punting on this season for a rebuild. Reading between the lines it’s clear

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
My favorite is when they sign the no-name reserve that no one else has considered on Day 3 of free agency just to show they are active.

Come on down Mykal Walker.