Yes, Carolina Will Rise

T-RO

Reaction score
The NFC is wide open. It's there for the taking. A cake-walk. Who can threaten our Cowboys?

After giving it some thought I think the answer is obvious. Our biggest threat in the end will be the 1-5 Carolina Panthers. It's obvious right?

Our own JobberOne said last night the Panthers had no chance...100:1. Everybody thinks Carolina is done and dead.

The reality is that Carolina has things tilted completely in their favor. They are sitting right where they like it. Think I'm crazy?

I am crazy but you better read on!

Here is a team that was 15-1 last season, winning games by huge margins. They were consensus preseason NFC favorites. What the hell happened?

Carolina loses in Denver on opening night by 1 point when their kicker fails to deliver with 4 seconds left. In subsequent games their o-line is hobbled. Cam Newton suffers a concussion and misses time. Their secondary, after the departure of all-pro Josh Norman and some injuries...is shredded.

Bam. They are bested, bloodied, beaten. Like Batman they are broken and stuck in a hole in the ground. Imprisoned, with no chance for escape.

But here's the thing. For those of us who pay attention we've seen this before. In 2013 Carolina started 1-3 only to go on a run. Not only did they make the playoffs but they finished at 12-4.

In 2014 they were completely out of it...until they weren't. They were 3-8-1 only to somehow make the playoffs and win a playoff game.

Carolina is the reigning NFC champ. They've made the playoffs 3 years in a row. Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Don't sleep on the talent of a champion.

That black cat has been hounded and hurt. It's now cornered and must play at the highest level almost every game for the balance of the season. Under Coach Riviera that is exactly the circumstances where they thrive.

That is a team with 9 lives.

T-RO has told you how this unfolds. Ultimately it could come down to our Cowboys to finish them off.

Last edited:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Not going to happen. Carolina isn't the same team as last year and 1-5 is TOO BIG of a hole to climb out of. I don't think any team has ever started the season 1-5 and made the playoffs. San Diego started 1-4 and ended up making the Super Bowl in 1994-1995, but I don't believe a 1-5 team has ever made the playoffs. I could be wrong (I didn't take the time to research it), but I don't think they have and I don't think it will happen this year either.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
The NFC is wide open. It's there for the taking. A cake-walk. Who can threaten our Cowboys?

After giving it some thought I think the answer is obvious. Our biggest threat in the end will be the 1-5 Carolina Panthers.

Our own JobberOne said last night the Panthers had no chance...100:1. Everybody thinks Carolina is done and dead.

The reality is that Carolina has things tilted completely in their favor. They are sitting right where they like it. Think I'm crazy?

Here is a team that was 15-1 last season, winning games by huge margins. They were consensus preseason NFC favorites. What the hell happened?

Carolina loses in Denver on opening night by 1 point when their kicker fails to deliver with 4 seconds left. In subsequent games their o-line is hobbled. Cam Newton suffers a concussion and misses time. Their secondary, after the departure of all-pro Josh Norman and some injuries...is shredded.

Bam. They are bested, bloodied, beaten. Like Batman they are broken and stuck in a hole in the ground. Imprisoned, with no chance for escape.

But here's the thing. For those of us who pay attention we've seen this before. In 2013 Carolina started 1-3 only to go on a run. Not only did they make the playoffs but they finished at 12-4.

In 2014 they were completely out of it...until they weren't. They were 3-8-1 only to somehow make the playoffs and win a playoff game.

Carolina is the reigning NFC champ. Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Don't sleep on the talent of a champion.

That black cat has been hounded and hurt. It's now cornered and must play at the highest level almost every game for the balance of the season. Under Coach Riviera that is exactly the circumstances where they thrive.

T-RO has told you how this unfolds. Ultimately it could come down to our Cowboys to finish them off.
Well your entitled to an opinion. Wouldn't bet your first born on it. Just sayin.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Carolina on the rise? Maybe for a draft pick but this is not close to the SB team of last season. That defense is giving up almost 30 points a game.

Reaction score
I see at least 4 more losses on their schedule, and they're already 5 in the hole... I'll be cheering them on when they play Cards, Skins, Falcons, Seahawks though!
  • 8 Oct 30 1:00PMEDT )
    cardinals.png
    Cardinals GAME DAY
  • 9 Nov 6 4:05PMEST ) AT
    rams.png
    Rams
  • 10 Nov 13 1:00PMEST *
    chiefs.png
    Chiefs
  • 11 Nov 17 8:25PMEST ' , ;
    saints.png
    Saints
  • 12 Nov 27 4:25PMEST * AT
    raiders.png
    Raiders
  • 13 Dec 4 8:30PMEST ' AT
    seahawks.png
    Seahawks
  • 14 Dec 11 1:00PMEST )
    chargers.png
    Chargers
  • 15 Dec 19 8:30PMEST + AT http://prod.static.panthers.clubs.nfl.com/nfl-assets/img/schedule-list/logos/mascot-41x28/Commanders.png Commanders
  • 16 Dec 24 1:00PMEST )
    falcons.png
    Falcons
  • 17 Jan 1 1:00PMEST ) AT
    buccaneers.png
    Buccaneers

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Not going to happen. Carolina isn't the same team as last year and 1-5 is TOO BIG of a hole to climb out of. I don't think any team has ever started the season 1-5 and made the playoffs. San Diego started 1-4 and ended up making the Super Bowl in 1994-1995, but I don't believe a 1-5 team has ever made the playoffs. I could be wrong (I didn't take the time to research it), but I don't think they have and I don't think it will happen this year either.

Actually I was wrong. San Diego started 0-4 in 1992 and made the playoffs. It didn't happen in 1994, the year they made the Super Bowl.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

I think the Chiefs went 1-5 last year and made the playoffs. Still, it's the exception and not the rule.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'll do you a favor and pretend you never made this thread. It's better for you when you sober up. Sleep it off, my man.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

After giving it some thought I think the answer is obvious. Our biggest threat in the end will be the 1-5 Carolina Panthers. It's obvious right?

Carolina is the reigning NFC champ. They've made the playoffs 3 years in a row. Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Don't sleep on the talent of a champion.

People love attention...

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
I'll do you a favor and pretend you never made this thread. It's better for you when you sober up. Sleep it off, my man.

Haha! I haven't had a drink in 18 months so I have no excuses for my craziness.

I am crazy... I suppose we'll see, won't we? Am I crazy like a fox...or just crazy?

I'm making the call. Right into the teeth of 100 to 1 odds.