Yes, Carolina Will Rise

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Don't sleep on the talent of a champion????

Well they better hook up with Dorothy and Toto and go find the wizard because I don't see no heart in these tin men but I do see a cowardly Lion behind center to loves the attentions when things were going good and now he walks off from him responsibility

waldoputty

Reaction score
The NFC is wide open. It's there for the taking. A cake-walk. Who can threaten our Cowboys?

After giving it some thought I think the answer is obvious. Our biggest threat in the end will be the 1-5 Carolina Panthers. It's obvious right?

Our own JobberOne said last night the Panthers had no chance...100:1. Everybody thinks Carolina is done and dead.

The reality is that Carolina has things tilted completely in their favor. They are sitting right where they like it. Think I'm crazy?

I am crazy but you better read on!

Here is a team that was 15-1 last season, winning games by huge margins. They were consensus preseason NFC favorites. What the hell happened?

Carolina loses in Denver on opening night by 1 point when their kicker fails to deliver with 4 seconds left. In subsequent games their o-line is hobbled. Cam Newton suffers a concussion and misses time. Their secondary, after the departure of all-pro Josh Norman and some injuries...is shredded.

Bam. They are bested, bloodied, beaten. Like Batman they are broken and stuck in a hole in the ground. Imprisoned, with no chance for escape.

But here's the thing. For those of us who pay attention we've seen this before. In 2013 Carolina started 1-3 only to go on a run. Not only did they make the playoffs but they finished at 12-4.

In 2014 they were completely out of it...until they weren't. They were 3-8-1 only to somehow make the playoffs and win a playoff game.

Carolina is the reigning NFC champ. They've made the playoffs 3 years in a row. Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Don't sleep on the talent of a champion.

That black cat has been hounded and hurt. It's now cornered and must play at the highest level almost every game for the balance of the season. Under Coach Riviera that is exactly the circumstances where they thrive.

That is a team with 9 lives.

T-RO has told you how this unfolds. Ultimately it could come down to our Cowboys to finish them off.

I actually thought about Carolina also.
I thought their single key loss the DB.
In some ways, they are a more problematic matchup for us than Atlanta.
I recall their OL and DL outplayed out DL and OL.
I dont recall their OL/DL losing much, though have not check on it.

I believe the only way they can get into the playoffs is to win the division.
So that is hard being 2.5 games behind with 10 games to go.

T-RO

Reaction score
Carolina on the rise? Maybe for a draft pick but this is not close to the SB team of last season. That defense is giving up almost 30 points a game.

On the Rise to Reprise. Until the Cowboys come to Euthanize.

Shouldn't be a surprise.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
On the Rise to Reprise. Until the Cowboys come to Euthanize.

Surprised?

Carolina is last is a weak division, this kitty has been ran over already. There will be no post season for the Carolina kitties

Hoov

Reaction score
The NFC is wide open. It's there for the taking. A cake-walk. Who can threaten our Cowboys?

After giving it some thought I think the answer is obvious. Our biggest threat in the end will be the 1-5 Carolina Panthers. It's obvious right?

Our own JobberOne said last night the Panthers had no chance...100:1. Everybody thinks Carolina is done and dead.

The reality is that Carolina has things tilted completely in their favor. They are sitting right where they like it. Think I'm crazy?

I am crazy but you better read on!

Here is a team that was 15-1 last season, winning games by huge margins. They were consensus preseason NFC favorites. What the hell happened?

Carolina loses in Denver on opening night by 1 point when their kicker fails to deliver with 4 seconds left. In subsequent games their o-line is hobbled. Cam Newton suffers a concussion and misses time. Their secondary, after the departure of all-pro Josh Norman and some injuries...is shredded.

Bam. They are bested, bloodied, beaten. Like Batman they are broken and stuck in a hole in the ground. Imprisoned, with no chance for escape.

But here's the thing. For those of us who pay attention we've seen this before. In 2013 Carolina started 1-3 only to go on a run. Not only did they make the playoffs but they finished at 12-4.

In 2014 they were completely out of it...until they weren't. They were 3-8-1 only to somehow make the playoffs and win a playoff game.

Carolina is the reigning NFC champ. They've made the playoffs 3 years in a row. Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Don't sleep on the talent of a champion.

That black cat has been hounded and hurt. It's now cornered and must play at the highest level almost every game for the balance of the season. Under Coach Riviera that is exactly the circumstances where they thrive.

That is a team with 9 lives.

T-RO has told you how this unfolds. Ultimately it could come down to our Cowboys to finish them off.
LOL, you maybe crazy. But I did pick them to pull off the upset this week.

I think they can get back to winning but is it too late to win their division ?

T-RO

Reaction score
Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Don't sleep on the talent of a champion????

Well they better hook up with Dorothy and Toto and go find the wizard because I don't see no heart in these tin men but I do see a cowardly Lion behind center to loves the attentions when things were going good and now he walks off from him responsibility

At least my skeptics are finally adding a little color to the thread!

Batman got out of his hole in the last movie. Can SuperMan match the feat?

4e86d5a2e91edba30f18134d21203009.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
At least my skeptics are finally adding a little color to the thread!

Batman got out of his hole in the last movie. Can SuperMan match the feat?

4e86d5a2e91edba30f18134d21203009.jpg

Super man or Louis Lane? Lately he looks more like the latter

T-RO

Reaction score
Theyd have to win at least 8 out of 10. Don't see that happening.

Being in a hole can simplify the goal. Purify the pursuit.

Don't you notice that the team that is behind at the end of the game almost seems to have the advantage rather than the team with the lead?

In sports
"Damn it...we can't lose"... can turn into
"Damn! We can't lose!"

T-RO

Reaction score
Super man or Louis Lane? Lately he looks more like the latter

I admit I enjoyed watching him get beat in the Super Bowl.

I'd enjoy it even more if the Cowboys knock him around in the playoffs this year.

Dak versus Cam would be an interesting match-up, no?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I admit I enjoyed watching him get beat in the Super Bowl.

I'd enjoy it even more if the Cowboys knock him around in the playoffs this year.

Dak versus Cam would be an interesting match-up, no?

I'm only interested in getting there and seeing the Cowboys win it, not who is in their way.

T-RO

Reaction score
I actually thought about Carolina also.
I thought their single key loss the DB.
In some ways, they are a more problematic matchup for us than Atlanta.
I recall their OL and DL outplayed out DL and OL.
I dont recall their OL/DL losing much, though have not check on it.
They manhandled us last season. That's the sad truth of it. And Tony was horrific, playing with short rest and broken body. This year Carolina left tackle Oher has been out with really bad concussion issues. D-line has also had injuries.

I believe the only way they can get into the playoffs is to win the division.

So that is hard being 2.5 games behind with 10 games to go.

I can see a scenario where they make that up in just 6-7 weeks.

T-RO

Reaction score
I'm only interested in getting there and seeing the Cowboys win it, not who is in their way.

Seriously? There is no good movie without an interesting nemesis.

One of the best things that the early 90's Cowboys was the nasty villains we had standing in our way.

Buddy Ryan and that Eagles defense sacked Troy Aikman 11 times in 1991. They beat us to a pulp. They put a bounty on our kicker. They taunted us...laughed at us. Our ultimate destruction of that team was so much sweeter because of who they were.

San Francisco had one of the most talented teams in NFL history. Stacked on both sides of the ball. And we went into Candlestick and took them down.

Carolina looks like a house-cat now. But the Man in Black will be Back. The Panthers will be scary by the end of the season. We will have to take them down.

Sports is all about the narrative.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seriously? There is no good movie without an interesting nemesis.

One of the best things that the early 90's Cowboys was the nasty villains we had standing in our way.

Buddy Ryan and that Eagles defense sacked Troy Aikman 11 times in 1991. They beat us to a pulp. They put a bounty on our kicker. They taunted us...laughed at us. Our ultimate destruction of that team was so much sweeter because of who they were.

San Francisco had one of the most talented teams in NFL history. Stacked on both sides of the ball. And we went into Candlestick and took them down.

Carolina looks like a house-cat now. But the Man in Black will be Back. The Panthers will be scary by the end of the season. We will have to take them down.

Sports is all about the narrative.

There are 31 nemesis out there and really have no disdain for the Panthers. As for Cam I admit I lost what respect I had for him after the SB and how he has acted this season.

I also think Carolina is no where close to a championship caliber team and it has a lot more to do with their defense than the offense. Carolina offense was good but it was the great play from their defense last season that impressed me.