Yes, we might get squat for Romo but squat he has given us for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
2 first round playoff wins in 10 years?
You Romo apologists are so misguided.
"Do right by Romo" should be to expect a 4th rounder from Houston or Cleveland before the draft.
Romo has been a horrible experiment!
Let us move on to Dak and a brighter future!:thumbup:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Good luck in the visiting team section rooting for Romo wearing another uni. Don't wait for we Cowboy fans. We will be enjoying Dak's accomplishments -- you know, all the things Romo could not get done in a decade of frustration. o_O

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Romo gave the Cowboys a lot and I appreciate him for it. Much of the problems we had when Romo was the starter was due to bad coaching and general organizational decisions. The issue is that he does deserve some of the blame as well and the Romo lemmings never see that. I'd probably put it 75% coaching/organization failures and 25% Romo.

I don't think he was a top-4 QB of his era...I would take Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers over him. I would take Roethlisberger over him given Roethlisberger's postseason success. But, Roethlisberger has the same type of limitations he just had better coaching and organizational decisions to work around his limitations and make him a 2 time winning Super Bowl QB.

And if you're not in the top-4 at your position, I don't consider you elite.

If you adjust the numbers of other QB's in Dallas for Romo's era...he's way behind Staubach (who could now be made a case for best QB of all time) and even behind Don Meredith and only slightly better than Danny White. However, it's still really good numbers and he's well ahead of Troy. That's why Super Bowl victories matter so much to people when it comes to QB's.

I look at Romo and see what could have been, but as I said before...Romo deserves some of the blame as well. Hopefully we will learn from our mistakes with Dak and I don't think many fans appreciate just how great of a season Dak had. Not just for a rookie QB...but for any QB. Not only has Romo never had a single season QBR as high as Dak did in 2016, but Tom Brady only had 1 season with a QBR better than Dak's (2017). Dak still has a long way to go and the coaching staff and organization have a long way to go before I believe they can handle a player like Dak. But only a fool would want Romo starting instead of Dak and not see the reason why Cowboys fans are optimistic about our young QB.

YR

phildadon86

Reaction score
Romo gave the Cowboys a lot and I appreciate him for it. Much of the problems we had when Romo was the starter was due to bad coaching and general organizational decisions. The issue is that he does deserve some of the blame as well and the Romo lemmings never see that. I'd probably put it 75% coaching/organization failures and 25% Romo.

I don't think he was a top-4 QB of his era...I would take Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers over him. I would take Roethlisberger over him given Roethlisberger's postseason success. But, Roethlisberger has the same type of limitations he just had better coaching and organizational decisions to work around his limitations and make him a 2 time winning Super Bowl QB.

And if you're not in the top-4 at your position, I don't consider you elite.

If you adjust the numbers of other QB's in Dallas for Romo's era...he's way behind Staubach (who could now be made a case for best QB of all time) and even behind Don Meredith and only slightly better than Danny White. However, it's still really good numbers and he's well ahead of Troy. That's why Super Bowl victories matter so much to people when it comes to QB's.

I look at Romo and see what could have been, but as I said before...Romo deserves some of the blame as well. Hopefully we will learn from our mistakes with Dak and I don't think many fans appreciate just how great of a season Dak had. Not just for a rookie QB...but for any QB. Not only has Romo never had a single season QBR as high as Dak did in 2016, but Tom Brady only had 1 season with a QBR better than Dak's (2017). Dak still has a long way to go and the coaching staff and organization have a long way to go before I believe they can handle a player like Dak. But only a fool would want Romo starting instead of Dak and not see the reason why Cowboys fans are optimistic about our young QB.

YR
Great viewpoint. I love it. I think Romo may be the QB most failed by his Organization in the history of the NFL

Reaction score
Great viewpoint. I love it. I think Romo may be the QB most failed by his Organization in the history of the NFL
agree with you and YR. I say we make this the most failed post in CZ history, don't feed the troll and let this attention seeking post just die off .....

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

I'd nominate Ken O'Brien. He could really play, but had zero O-Line and zero help from the coaching staff. It's ridiculous that he gets labeled as a bust (he was AFC Player of the Year in '85). Elway was pretty bad as well until Shanahan took over.

Elway's teammates were guys like Sammy Winder, Bobby Humphrey, Mark Jackson and Vance Johnson. Pe-euww.

YR

sean10mm

Reaction score
I'd nominate Ken O'Brien. He could really play, but had zero O-Line and zero help from the coaching staff. It's ridiculous that he gets labeled as a bust (he was AFC Player of the Year in '85). Elway was pretty bad as well until Shanahan took over.

Elway's teammates were guys like Sammy Winder, Bobby Humphrey, Mark Jackson and Vance Johnson. Pe-euww.

YR

I'd put Philip Rivers in the conversation too for modern guys that were wasted by their dumb teams. The Chargers were very good very early in his career, but steadily rotted away just as he was getting his legs under him.

Luck is on the same trajectory too, those Colts teams are TRASH, especially OL and defense. He might have been overhyped a little, but even so the Colts organization is a tire fire and he has to gunsling like mad just to keep them in games.

rambo2

Reaction score
2 first round playoff wins in 10 years?
You Romo apologists are so misguided.
"Do right by Romo" should be to expect a 4th rounder from Houston or Cleveland before the draft.
Romo has been a horrible experiment!
Let us move on to Dak and a brighter future!:thumbup:
Lol, you must not know much about football or the qb position.

Status
Not open for further replies.